Thread: Apple cider vinegar//natural ingredients

Smile Apple cider vinegar//natural ingredients

Hello all,

I'm very new to this but have been on this forum a lot gaining information from you all about this condition. So basically I have had rosacea for over 2 years now, when I was first diagnosed (at the age of 22) it was just a small rash 'beneath' the skin on my right cheek. This then progressed and became warm and tender and would burn after eating certain foods. To cut a long story short I have suffered with eating disorders from a young age and after certain diets and replacing meals with diet cokes and coffees this had a huge impact on my digestion. I suffered with IBS, which gave me a lot of stress, I also suffered with anixety and the worry just made all my insides into mush - it was horrible.

Well after a year of intensely researching I have gained back my love for food and I am healing. I can finally say I have found my flare ups - Coffee, dairy (from the disturbed digestion/stomach acid) and gluten. I also stick to a 'diet' cutting these flare foods out and have researched certain skin foods that have helped nourished my body and face.

However, every morning and before every meal I have been drinking 2 caps of BRAGGS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR in water. I can't even begin to explain how much this has helped demolish my flare ups. In the past i would eat beetroot and kale and my entire right cheek (just my right cheek) would flare and turn bright red. I put the two together and after a long time researching I discovered this was due to weak/low stomach acid. This stuff has helped me so much. I now only suffer with spots and red blood vessels under the skin if i eat wrong or under stress, it's stressful and sad but i have learned to embrace it, if it wasn't for my rosacea warning me about my inner health then i wouldn't of done much to help myself out - a blessing in disguise.

I have also been applying ACV as a toner onto my face and can't believe the difference in texture my face has become! natural ingredients the earth has given us really do help!

One last query - has anyone only had rosacea on just one cheek? mine is only on the right and has been since I've been diagnosed (although recently i have noticed i have been drinking a lot of coffee and eating chocolate (deadlines!) and small pasptules have come up on my left cheek eek! I hope it'll heal after i quit eating these things) also has anyone else have success stories with ACV? would love to hear your journeys!

Thanks

H x

Might want to read about IBS and rosacea, one of the theories of what is causing rosacea. I drink about a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother (Braggs and other brands) with a glass of iced filtered water about four to six times a day. I think it helps too. I also take a handful of vitamins/minerals/supplements/probiotic three times a day. I only use the Sulphur Butter on any red spots/zits and can go days without it since my face clears up. But the rosacea does come back and I have to use the Sulphur Butter again. I have used the ZZ cream in the past and still have one jar left unopened and love it but it costs a lot more.

It is not uncommon to hear reports of rosacea on just right facial area or the left. Just use the search box top right corner and type in right cheek, right face, or left cheek or left face and see the results. It is not the norm, since rosacea usually presents the classic butterfly or T-Zone.

There are many reports in this forum with success using ACV as a toner on the face. I personally haven't tried it, but since you bring it up will try it out and let you know.

Suggest you spend an hour or so reading Rosacea FAQs.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Wow! I just put a little ACV in my left hand and rubbed my hands together and applied it all over my face and it stings! So if anyone tries this, be forewarned!
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Wow! I just put a little ACV in my left hand and rubbed my hands together and applied it all over my face and it stings! So if anyone tries this, be forewarned!
    Hey Brady

thanks for your reply. What sort of minerals do take? and i am UK based where can i purchase sulphur butter?

ACV as a facial toner should be dilated 40% ACV 60% filtered water but try 80% filtered water and 20% ACV first to get your skin use to it never put it directly onto face as it will burn!

My derm told me that vinegar could cause flushing. Does that just mean regular white or red vinegar? Are things like apple cider vinegar and balsalmic vinegar okay without causing flushing?

Quote Originally Posted by penquins91 View Post
    Hey Brady

thanks for your reply. What sort of minerals do take? and i am UK based where can i purchase sulphur butter?

ACV as a facial toner should be dilated 40% ACV 60% filtered water but try 80% filtered water and 20% ACV first to get your skin use to it never put it directly onto face as it will burn!
    Quite right! That makes way more sense. Thanks for the explanation.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Default Minerals, Vitamins, Supplements, Probiotics

Quote Originally Posted by penquins91 View Post
    Hey Brady

thanks for your reply. What sort of minerals do take?
    Here is a copy of my suggestions from my book (you can get a free copy of you join the RRDi and mention you want a copy when you join) on page 272:

Appendix X12
    Vitamins & Supplements
    Daily Vitamin Supplements Suggested
    Acidophilus (40,000,000 CFU three times a day or more)
    Beta Carotene—25,000 IU
    Calcium—at least 1000 mg
    Evening Primrose—1000 mg.
    Fish Oil—1000 mg
    Grape Seed Extract—50 mg
    Glucosamine Complex—1.5 g
    L-Lysine—1000 mg
    Magnesium—399 mg
    MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)—1000 mg
    Multivitamin—1 tab
    Pantothenic Acid—500 mg
    Potassium—1100 mg
    Selenium—200 mcg
    Vitamin A—25,000 IU
    Vitamin B-3 FLUSH FREE (Inositol Hexanicotinate) 100 mg
    Vitamin B-5 Pantothenic Acid—100 mg
    Vitamin B-6—50 mg
    Vitamin B-12—250 mcg
    Vitamin B Complex (High Potency)—1 tab/capsule
    Vitamin C—1000 to 4000 mg
    Vitamin D—1000 IU
    Vitamin E—400 I.U.
    Zinc—15 mg

These are the minimum suggested. More vitamins are your choice. By taking vitamins , it will help curb
    your appetite for sweets. And in a few weeks you will notice the difference they can make in your life. My
    personal theory is that we need the extra vitamin supplements since the processed food in our diet lacks
    nutrients and we need the boost since an insulin dominant metabolism has been leaching our vitamins and
    minerals. If you decide to take these suggestions always consume vitamins and supplements at breakfast
    with your food. If you take some vitamins at night, you may not sleep well, so try to take them at breakfast
    or lunch, always with food. There is some controversy with vitamins , and I don’t want to debate on this
    subject. If you have an issue with any of the above suggestions, remember that the above vitamins /minerals
    are just a suggestion.

I buy most of my vitamins at Wal-Mart or Costco. Some complain that vitamins are costly but give no
    thought to the cost of junk food, candy or milk shakes. If you cut out the sugar and junk food for thirty
    days the money you save should more than compensate the investment of vitamin and mineral supplements
    I suggest. You will not believe how the vitamins and minerals suggested would improve your health
    and give you the boost you need for energy unless you try it. Whatever the cost, it is only for thirty days and
    after that you can decide yourself if the money you spent on vitamins and minerals was worth it. To give
    you an idea of the cost of this my wife and I spend between $50 to $75 a month for two people on vitamins
    and supplements. How much do you spend for dinner out at a nice restaurant? So you can’t sacrifice one
    restaurant meal during this month you are trying the Rosacea Diet ? If money is still the issue then do the
    best you can with vitamins . The amount of vitamins I suggest taking doesn’t have to be set in stone. You
    can alter the suggestions according to what brand you buy and figure it out for your situation.
    I also suggest you take the following vitamins just before bed with a glass of water :
    Acidophilus (40,000,000 CFU)
    L-Lysine—500 mg
    Calcium—1000 mg
    Magnesium—399 mg
    Potassium—1100 mg
    Vitamin C—1000 mg. (Ester-C™ recommended but I usually use Ascorbic Acid since I want to save
    money)
    ------------------end copy

Lately I take most of the above, but have added probiotics (tried several brands). And eat plain 4% Yogurt every day!
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi