Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally ACTUALLY trying a really low carb diet

I had these bumps only in the very beginning. They went away with metronidazole cream and new ones stopped appearing after cutting off sugar. Metronidazole alone wasn't sufficient preventive treatment against papules and pustules. I also have demodectic blefaritis and redness on my right cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    I had these bumps only in the very beginning. They went away with metronidazole cream and new ones stopped appearing after cutting off sugar. Metronidazole alone wasn't sufficient preventive treatment against papules and pustules. I also have demodectic blefaritis and redness on my right cheek.
    Aww ok To bad Soolantra is not available in your Country for you to try . Do you know if Demodex just causes the p & p's or those little hive like bumps ? My mom started Soolantra in June and has been having great success with it . Maybe one day I may give it ago again . But for now the Metro works for me so I use that .

Default Finally ACTUALLY trying a really low carb diet

Demodex can cause both pp and itchy bumps.
    Metrogel worked for me too at first, but after 5 months of use I tried to stop using it and saw that 2 days after discontinuation my face became red and bumpy again. I still had to watch my diet all the time. Since then, I search for a more permanent solution.
    If I were in your place, I would use Metro in the morning for 6 months and Soolantra in the evening for 1-2 years. Metrocream kills the bacillus oleronius living inside demodex and Soolantra targets demodex itself.

Are you sure Soolantra kills demodex ? My derm told me it kills the bacteria inside the demodex, and once dead the demodex cannot live without it.

Envoyť de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    Demodex can cause both pp and itchy bumps.
    Metrogel worked for me too at first, but after 5 months of use I tried to stop using it and saw that 2 days after discontinuation my face became red and bumpy again. I still had to watch my diet all the time. Since then, I search for a more permanent solution.
    If I were in your place, I would use Metro in the morning for 6 months and Soolantra in the evening for 1-2 years. Metrocream kills the bacillus oleronius living inside demodex and Soolantra targets demodex itself.
    Thank you for the advice ! I have a derm follow up appt . next week . I will ask him what he thinks about me starting soolantra too . Here in the US you need a derm to give you a script in order to get Soolantra . So he has to approve it for me first . Question about your itchy bumps , when you had them .. did they appear first thing in the morning ? Or did they seem to come at any time of day ?

Default Finally ACTUALLY trying a really low carb diet

Yes, I always woke up with new lesions in the morning and these would take weeks to go away. Demodex does its work during night, that's why. Rarely, when I am exposed to very cold or hot environment, I get these bumps during the day, but in this case they go away quickly, in an hour or so.
    Last edited by MariaSt; 14th September 2016 at 08:51 PM.

I'm still doing well (knock on wood) and still eating very low carb. I haven't been eating fruit really at all so my sugar intake is very low. All my meals have been meat and veggies or some sort of salad. I do eat some eggs but am not a huge fan. As of now, I still need doxycycline every second day. I hope to get off of it but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    I'm still doing well (knock on wood) and still eating very low carb. I haven't been eating fruit really at all so my sugar intake is very low. All my meals have been meat and veggies or some sort of salad. I do eat some eggs but am not a huge fan. As of now, I still need doxycycline every second day. I hope to get off of it but we will see.
    Thanks for the update! I know that when I eat lower carb and less sugar my rosacea improves a lot. Lately I have been having a smoothie every day for breakfast with one frozen banana, a cup of plain almond milk, three TBL of flaxseed meal and a variety of other ingredients (sometimes pumpkin, kale, a few strawberries, spinach, etc.) I usually add a tsp of stevia for flavor. I can honestly say that I think the flaxseed is really helping my skin. My symptoms are primarily swelling, puffiness, and lumpy bumpy skin. If I am really bad and eat all the things that make my skin worse (sugar, high carbs, dairy) my skin and swelling go crazy. After a cruise where I drank things like pina colatas and such my eyes were so red and puffy that I looked like a different person. I hope that you continue to do well with the low carb. Maybe try to add some flax seed in for good measure to see if it can get even better.

Regards,
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for the link to the article MariaSt. I posted it here.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi