Thread: Best treatment for facial flushing/redness?

Default Best treatment for facial flushing/redness?

19yo male here. Ive been fighting a battle with facial redness virtually my whole life and am very glad to find this group, this will be my first post.

My face constantly has a slightly flushed look. Made much worse by common triggers (hot temperatures, exercise, alcohol) etc, i'm sure you know how it is. Summer in Australia is a very cruel mistress. Anyway I was wondering what treatments have worked best for others to reduce facial flushing? Pretty much willing to try anything at this point, am currently trialing antihistamines to see if that makes any difference. Lately I've also been experimenting with green tinted zinc, and after showing promise at first I think now it is actually making my skin look worse unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated, thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by WazzyG View Post
    19yo male here. Ive been fighting a battle with facial redness virtually my whole life and am very glad to find this group, this will be my first post.

My face constantly has a slightly flushed look. Made much worse by common triggers (hot temperatures, exercise, alcohol) etc, i'm sure you know how it is. Summer in Australia is a very cruel mistress. Anyway I was wondering what treatments have worked best for others to reduce facial flushing? Pretty much willing to try anything at this point, am currently trialing antihistamines to see if that makes any difference. Lately I've also been experimenting with green tinted zinc, and after showing promise at first I think now it is actually making my skin look worse unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated, thank you guys
    Hi WazzyG

I am sorry you are going through this crap, I know how you feel. I haven't got all the answers for you i am afraid, but the two main things that have helped me with my flushing and redness are clonidine and IPL. They are by no means a cure, but they really have helped. Worth a shot in my opinion. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Good luck and all the best.

burner.

Thanks heaps for the reply burner. Will definitely be giving those a shot in the near future, hopefully we can both enjoy some success with it

Quote Originally Posted by WazzyG View Post
    Thanks heaps for the reply burner. Will definitely be giving those a shot in the near future, hopefully we can both enjoy some success with it
    You're welcome WazzyG.

Good luck and stay strong. All the best.

burner