Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 year sufferer TTO appears to be...

Default 20 year sufferer TTO appears to be...

... working, yes TTO appears to be working.
    Background, I am 44 and started to suffer with problem skin in 1993. After a relatively clear complexion until this point. I started getting very red anytime that I was exposed to sun. This was strange as I had always had skin that tanned quickly without burning and generally was very healthy looking. I started to use sunscreen more often, I was living in the UK so not a regular problem to have! I noticed that some sunscreens were worse than others, through trial and error I was managing OK.
    Things got a little worse in 1998. The redness was now accompanied by many small spots, to many it looked like acne. I visited a Dr. he diagnosed Rosacea, he prescribed several different meds various cyclines etc. Nothing helped and I just muddled along.
    In 2000 I moved to the tropics, now I needed sunscreen all the time, I did notice that zinc based ones appeared to help, I would spend a lot of time outdoors and often wore it thick, like cricketers were doing during this time. I sometimes noticed that if I was wearing it regularly for a week my skin would appear to get much better, then the redness and spots would return.
    In 2003 I prescribed myself accutane, I bought it online and started out with a regular dose, it helped matters, and whilst not ridding me of the pustules it helped a lot. After completing the course of accutane the redness and spots returned. After several months I ordered more accutane, by now I had learned of low dose usage for rosacea. I have utilized this for the last ten years, I would typically take a 10mg tablet every other day, occasionally I would need them every day and this was the case most recently. As I was about to order more tablets I decided I should look into if there were any new treatments I could find online (I did this as whilst never suffering with any side effects, I started to become concerned that the long term use I was experiencing could have other future effects).
    What I soon discovered online was that I most likely had Papulopustular-Rosacea. My symptoms matched this perfectly, the redness and small bumps, the cycle of coming and going - well never going but lessening, and recently a grittyness in the eyes.
    All of this led me to believe that I had an excess of the demodex mite, which of course led me to TTO. I bought 100% TTO immediately slathered it directly on my entire face and directly onto my eyelashes - DO NOT DO THIS - The pain and sting was severe but I could not wait to learn more, I had to start this process as I was convinced by reading other posts on this forum, and reading Kishas blog (thank you Kisha) that TTO was going to work for me.
    I'm only on my 7th day and it is working exactly as stated by others. After my first day I bought another oil (vitamin e oil, I'm not sure if this is a suitable oil?) and mix 1:1, I also bought a TTO shampoo and face wash (bodyshop). The shampoo appears mild, the facewash must have a higher concentration in it as there is a stronger smell and more of a tingle. I am shampooing and cleansing twice a day, and each time apply the oil mix.
    I noticed the initial die off and things have been getting better ever since, I have awoken to a few new red bump trails as expected, due to new demodex hatching and dying. After four days my permanently itchy eyes feel fantastic and their color is much whiter.
    Basically everything has been great so far, I am so optimistic and shall report back as time passes. I hope that these words find other sufferers whom this works for, I know from reading that it does not work for all or perhaps even many, I shall be happy if just another single sufferer is able to improve their condition.
    If only I had found this sooner, though I have to admit it I have tried to not let it influence my life. I knew that this was an unhealthy appearing condition, what I have done to combat this is to smile, and I mean smile every minute of the day, every day. People comment on my great nature all the time and in over twenty years I have only ever been asked about my skin a coupe of times. Easier to say than do, but I'm glad that I decided on this approach to life.
    Good luck everyone.
    GG

Default update

Today was day 9... The last couple of days I've awoken to multiple - between 10-20 - red bumps/pustules. I'm hoping that this is just another round of the mites dying. What I am noticing is that there is improved texture and color anywhere that does not have the inflammation. I have made an addition to my evening routine, after I have applied the tea tree and vitamin E oil 1:1 ratio. I sit in a dark room for 30 minutes in hope that the mites migrate I then add additional neat tea tree oil, I find the oil has a very pleasant scent and it feels great when I apply it, not sure if this additional process is of any benefit. My eyes have remained much, much better, almost no redness and no grittyness whatsoever.
    I'll update again soon.
    GG

Please keep updating! I am using TTO as well and am optimistic😬

Your idea of reapplying the tto is correct,but don't use it neat. The max concentration is 50%.
    Could you, please, tell as exactly which shampoo and face wash you use?

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    Your idea of reapplying the tto is correct,but don't use it neat. The max concentration is 50%.
    Could you, please, tell as exactly which shampoo and face wash you use?
    I wondered about using it neat, there are many sources that say that it is OK to, so, with that in mind and seeing that I already I had the earlier Vit E/TTO mix on my skin, I applied neat thinking that the vitamin e oil already applied would dilute it.
    The products are
    Shampoo - Yes to - Tea Tree and Sage oil
    Face wash - Body Shop - Tea Tree skin clearing face wash
    Oils - Sundown Naturals - Tea Tree 100% Vitamin E 100%

I've had 3 days of lots of red bumps, no white heads. Eyes are still whiter and with zero itchyness.

I still wouldn't risk applying it neat, but all in all, you are doing great, don't get discouraged by the bumps, they are part of the process as you already know. Thank you for the product list.

Day 17 - I have been repeating the steps (almost) I wrote about in the prior posts and my skin is really improving!
    The almost was in reference to I am now missing the morning TTO application, as heading to work with a face covered in oil was not an option (the first week I was able to work from home). Nevertheless the improvement has been there for all - well at least me by knowing my skin - for all to see. NO pustules for ten days, only modest bumps that are slightly red, and the rest of my face a nice neutral color. I'll update again soon.

I went almost six weeks without a flare using the TTO, but it ended up coming back. BUT I also fell off the wagon with my diet and have been consuming dairy which is a major no no.. It has been the best treatment for me thus far.

Do you have ocular too?

would you be so kind to explain to us what the hell TTO is?

Tea tree oil