Thread: Big Improvements in a Year

Default Big Improvements in a Year

SANY0470.jpg
    I don't have a "before" picture, but let's just say that my whole face was always fire engine red and the flushing was so bad and painful that I couldn't stand it. For months I had to check out of life and couldn't hardly even move. This is what I look like a year later. I don't always look this good, but people tell me that most of the time I look completely normal. I couldn't tell you what exactly made the difference, but here are some of the main changes that I made in my life and treatments.

Ceravae moisturizer
    Metrogel
    Sulfectamide
    oral minocycline
    modified paleo diet to avoid all possible triggers
    showerhead that filters out chlorine
    baby shampoo to prevent irritation on my ears
    baby detergent for laundry
    sensitive skin dryer sheets for laundry
    light therapy with a hand-operated device (red, blue, and green)
    hoods and ski masks in the fall and winter
    spf hat for the summer, but mostly staying indoors in the daytime
    over the counter:
    fish oil
    zinc
    probiotics
    ibuprofen
    benadryl
    claratin
    lutein for my eyes
    turmeric
    spiritual growth for stress relief
    cutting anyone out of my life who stresses me more than blesses me

I changed my life for this disease and have seen a big turn around. The metrogel and sulfectamide cause me a lot of pain and burning, but I rarely experience flushing now even when my skin does not look as good and clear as it does here. I hope that I have slowed it down a lot. I hope this will offer hope to anyone who is newly diagnosed. I was diagnosed last year and the situation seemed so hopeless that I just wanted to die. I won't say life is perfect, or even great now, but I look pretty normal most of the time and I'm able to take care of myself and do things that I enjoy again. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by moonfire241 View Post
    SANY0470.jpg
    I don't have a "before" picture, but let's just say that my whole face was always fire engine red and the flushing was so bad and painful that I couldn't stand it. For months I had to check out of life and couldn't hardly even move. This is what I look like a year later. I don't always look this good, but people tell me that most of the time I look completely normal. I couldn't tell you what exactly made the difference, but here are some of the main changes that I made in my life and treatments.

Ceravae moisturizer
    Metrogel
    Sulfectamide
    oral minocycline
    modified paleo diet to avoid all possible triggers
    showerhead that filters out chlorine
    baby shampoo to prevent irritation on my ears
    baby detergent for laundry
    sensitive skin dryer sheets for laundry
    light therapy with a hand-operated device (red, blue, and green)
    hoods and ski masks in the fall and winter
    spf hat for the summer, but mostly staying indoors in the daytime
    over the counter:
    fish oil
    zinc
    probiotics
    ibuprofen
    benadryl
    claratin
    lutein for my eyes
    turmeric
    spiritual growth for stress relief
    cutting anyone out of my life who stresses me more than blesses me

I changed my life for this disease and have seen a big turn around. The metrogel and sulfectamide cause me a lot of pain and burning, but I rarely experience flushing now even when my skin does not look as good and clear as it does here. I hope that I have slowed it down a lot. I hope this will offer hope to anyone who is newly diagnosed. I was diagnosed last year and the situation seemed so hopeless that I just wanted to die. I won't say life is perfect, or even great now, but I look pretty normal most of the time and I'm able to take care of myself and do things that I enjoy again. Hang in there.
    It looks a good list of things you've tried, and I'm glad your regime has given you so much freedom. I use two shampoos (for the hair, not the face), La Biosthetique Lipokerine E and Thursday Plantation Tea tree oil shampoo - I alternate them. I find them better than the baby shampoo which I did try for a while. Taking baths not showers helped me so the water doesn't fall on the face. Chlorinated water really dries out the face for me, so I only use mineral water on the rosacea affected parts of the face.

Hi moonfire, don't know how you looked like before but this must be indeed a good improvement !! You look like you never even had rosacea !
    I'm not patient enough I guess though to try all you mentioned (plus maybe this is a combination result) but thank you to share your success with all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    Hi moonfire, don't know how you looked like before but this must be indeed a good improvement !! You look like you never even had rosacea !
    I'm not patient enough I guess though to try all you mentioned (plus maybe this is a combination result) but thank you to share your success with all of us.
    It looked awful before. Enough that everyone commented on it and thought I had a high fever or bad sunburn. Thank you for the compliment. I wish that it always looked that way, but it doesn't. Most of the time, though, nobody would know anything was wrong with me. Even when it looks really bad to me, others would just think I'd gotten a little overheated, maybe. I'm amazed at the difference. And the flushing used to be constant and hardly ever happens anymore, even if it looks pretty bad. I do have to stay out of the sun in the summer, though. Even a few moments in the sun can cause hours of painful flushing and a 5 day sunburn. So I have to be a bit of a vampire in the summer. Thankfully I have a schedule that allows for that. I don't have much issue with the sun as long as the temp is about 73 or lower. Thankfully I live in Ohio and not Africa. lol

Quote Originally Posted by moonfire241 View Post
    It looked awful before. Enough that everyone commented on it and thought I had a high fever or bad sunburn. Thank you for the compliment. I wish that it always looked that way, but it doesn't. Most of the time, though, nobody would know anything was wrong with me. Even when it looks really bad to me, others would just think I'd gotten a little overheated, maybe. I'm amazed at the difference. And the flushing used to be constant and hardly ever happens anymore, even if it looks pretty bad. I do have to stay out of the sun in the summer, though. Even a few moments in the sun can cause hours of painful flushing and a 5 day sunburn. So I have to be a bit of a vampire in the summer. Thankfully I have a schedule that allows for that. I don't have much issue with the sun as long as the temp is about 73 or lower. Thankfully I live in Ohio and not Africa. lol
    How much Zinc do you take? I've seen conflicting reports on what the optimum daily dosage is. I've been taking Zinc for a little over a month now, 100mg per day.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson25 View Post
    How much Zinc do you take? I've seen conflicting reports on what the optimum daily dosage is. I've been taking Zinc for a little over a month now, 100mg per day.
    I take 50 mg a day. I forgot to mention that I am also on prescription Vitamin D.

Default hi

hi anyone ?