Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best topical treatment for papules

Default Best topical treatment for papules

Hello everybody I have rosacea with any papules when it comes on the forehead and nose and temples.
    I made a cure with tolexine long time and it was nice
    I stopped it and 3 months after it comes worse
    I really take tolexine ( doxy) it seems better but 3 or 4 papules aren't completely gone
    They stay with a little dryness and inflammatory
    What would be the best topical treatment to put to erase them?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by hart07 View Post
    Hello everybody I have rosacea with any papules when it comes on the forehead and nose and temples.
    I made a cure with tolexine long time and it was nice
    I stopped it and 3 months after it comes worse
    I really take tolexine ( doxy) it seems better but 3 or 4 papules aren't completely gone
    They stay with a little dryness and inflammatory
    What would be the best topical treatment to put to erase them?
    Regards
    Hello

Did you tried any topical medication so far or only the antibiotic? For papules you could try metrocream, finacea or soolantra if you think your rosacea is linked to excessive mites.

I took only antibiotic, but in the past I took accutane to eradicate all, it was successful but took after 4 months tolexine (doxy) for long time and was successful also

I don't know if demodex are linked in my rosacea but I have sometimes any itchness on my forehead the place where I have those papules between dryness and inflammation.
    It's not big but there are 3,4 spots planes not bumps.
    I don't know if I can try soolantra or others but don't want to have worse results if if put soolantra or others on the spots
    What would you do ?
    Thks

I took only antibiotic, but in the past I took accutane( September to December 2011to eradicate all, it was successful but took after 4 months ( in April 2012) I took tolexine (doxy) for long time and was successful also

I don't know if demodex are linked in my rosacea but I have sometimes any itchness on my forehead the place where I have those papules between dryness and inflammation.
    Since June 2016 I have these planes papules.
    I really took tolexine since 1 week only.
    I don't know if I can try soolantra or others but don't want to have worse results if if put soolantra or others on the spots
    What would you do ?
    Thks

I'm currently using Soolantra and Finecea w/ Oracea. Normally any type of creams or lotions would make my face worse, but this combo seems to be working well w/ no irritation. It's only been 3 days, but if there was something my face didnt like, it would be bad again in 1 day.

I started Oracea 1 week before in case I had an adverse reaction.

I'd say give the Soolantra w/ Finecea a try.

OK thks so soolantra is fine for planes papules or blemishes ?
    Oracea is not available in France it's the reason why I take tolexine

OK thks so soolantra is fine for planes papules or blemishes ?
    Oracea is not available in France it's the reason why I take tolexine
    Fine in that Soolantra hasnt made anything worse. Oracea pretty much cleared up all my bumps; i still have some residual redness and scaring that will take some time to heal.

In order to see if Soolantra is really solving the problem, I'll have to take it for I think up to 12 weeks, and stop taking Oracea.

I took only antibiotic, but in the past I took accutane to eradicate all, it was successful but took after 4 months tolexine (doxy) for long time and was successful also

What would you do ?
    Thks
    I would definitely try a topical unfortunately sometimes our skin can get worse in the beginning and then clear up. If you problem is just small plane spots I would give finacea or soolantra a try. You could ask your dermatologist for a sample first this way you can give it a go without having to buy the medication and if you don't like you can try another one.

Finacea didn't give me an initial breakout when I tried now I'm waiting my prescription to soolantra arrive but keep in mind that some people experience a worsening with soolantra in the beginning and others don't.

Also if you are scared to try this prescription medication you could always try some over the counter products like benzoyl peroxide but be careful only put this on the spots not on the redness as it can make the redness worse.

OK thks but soolantra and finacea is exclusive for rosacea so better than peroxide perhaps ?
    Yes I talk only for planes papules

It was not so bad Monday Tuesday Wednesday but tonight not good appearance
    I got four papules more 2 forehead, 1 each temples.
    Hope it will be better tomorrow under tolexine since 1 week.
    In April 2012 after 3 months of accutane from September to December 2011 I took tolexine in April 2012 and I didn't have any papules or other with tolexine.
    Why this difference ? Cause before I took accutane and my skin flora was different from today ?
    I was quiet and happy with my skin from January 2012 to June 2016 I was only on tolexine several times but when I stopped( tolexine) in February 2016, papules come back in June 2016 to today.