Thread: Seb Derm Question

Default Seb Derm Question

Hi there,

I am just new on this site, but have had a diagnosis of seb derm, confirmed by two Dermatologists (one of them retired) for 5 years now.

I'm just wondering - when you guys are having a flare of seb derm, do your red patches start out like pus filled spots first?

Mine don't always start out as spots, but quite a lot of time they do. Just wondering if this is common.

Here is a picture of my face:

This is from a few weeks ago, but my face isn't too bad now, although I am not happy with it. I'm going to see a Dermatologist next week and am kind of worried that my skin will be cleared up miraculously by then and there will be nothing for her to see!

Even looking at this picture makes me cringe.....it looks so bad......I don't know how people can even look me in the eye.

Mine do sometimes.

More importantly, you seriously need to change your attitude. Your face does not look bad at all. Furthermore, nobody gives a **** about your little red spots except you. That's how they can look you in the eye. There are people on this site who would kill to have a face as clear as the one in this picture. So stop the pity party. I would first work on your confidence and self esteem and then work on your skin. I know it's tough, everyone here knows it's tough, but you have a choice to be depressed over it or make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by awgolfer View Post
    Mine do sometimes.

More importantly, you seriously need to change your attitude. Your face does not look bad at all. Furthermore, nobody gives a **** about your little red spots except you. That's how they can look you in the eye. There are people on this site who would kill to have a face as clear as the one in this picture. So stop the pity party. I would first work on your confidence and self esteem and then work on your skin. I know it's tough, everyone here knows it's tough, but you have a choice to be depressed over it or make the most of it.
    Fully agree with the above. No one gives a sh%t about the red spots on your face. Honestly you just have to push it out of your mind when you're talking/interacting with people. Acting like you have no self-confidence or self esteem has a much more negative impact on how people perceive you than a few bumps on your face. One trick I use, don't look in a mirror when you're out and about - nothing you do can change your face in that moment anyway, and it will just make you think about it. Your face will never look as bad to someone else than when you're standing 6 inches from a mirror inspecting yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson25 View Post
    Fully agree with the above. No one gives a sh%t about the red spots on your face. Honestly you just have to push it out of your mind when you're talking/interacting with people. Acting like you have no self-confidence or self esteem has a much more negative impact on how people perceive you than a few bumps on your face. One trick I use, don't look in a mirror when you're out and about - nothing you do can change your face in that moment anyway, and it will just make you think about it. Your face will never look as bad to someone else than when you're standing 6 inches from a mirror inspecting yourself.
    Wasn't going to comment but this is a great piece of advice.

When I was at my worst I would look into a mirror if there was one available to look into. It would make me feel absolutely terrible because I knew I couldn't change the way I looked, so I stopping looking into mirrors and I started to forget about how I looked.

Just remember things won't always feel this bad!

Just like everybody else said it's just looks like a few spots, nobody would even notice. If you're that bothered about it buy some tinted moisturizer and apply some of that in the morning.

You should ask for a skin scrap test. Seb derm is often confused with rosacea, especially with the demodectic one.