Thread: Soolantra and Finacea?

Default Soolantra and Finacea?

So I went to the dermatologist and he gave me Oracea, Soolantra, and Finacea. I'm supposed to take Oracea for a week, then start on the Soolantra and Finacea at the same time. The idea being that the Oracea will help with some of the irritation of the Soolantra. I was also told to use Cerave Cream - however I used this for 2 days and my face got terrible. I've always had trouble with creams or anything on my face for that matter, so I stopped. My face is basically healing from that right now (3 days later).

My question is, is Soolantra and Finacea at the same time going to be too much for my face given how sensitive its been? I was told to use the Cerave cream to build up and protect my face in anticipation of the Soolantra and Finacea, but I'm skeptical that this will be way too much.

Are you sure that the doctor didn't say Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion (which comes in an AM and a PM version)? The cream is really for the hands and body, the lotions are for the face.

Also, I've used Soolantra since it was available and I have never had any irritation from it. Try it on your chin only first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantine View Post
    Are you sure that the doctor didn't say Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion (which comes in an AM and a PM version)? The cream is really for the hands and body, the lotions are for the face.

Also, I've used Soolantra since it was available and I have never had any irritation from it. Try it on your chin only first.
    It's funny you say that because my wife said the same thing - but the derm specifically told me cream not lotion. I'll give the facial moisturizing lotion a try now that my face has finally calmed down/healed from the cream.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm on a soolantra at night and finance in the morning regime. I'm also almost done with my minocycline so we will see how it works when I come off. My skin has been wonderful for months now.