Thread: Flushing terribly two weeks post vbeam

Default Flushing terribly two weeks post vbeam

Had a somewhat purpuric, somewhat non-pupuric vbeam on July 6. Cheeks were fine, bruising was around the rim of the cheeks, not the center.
    Bruising faded. Redness was fading.
    Now bam! Unbearable burning redness on my cheeks for the past several hours. What is happening?
    I take 0.1mg clonidine daily and it really controls flushing. Now nothing is helping.

Has anyone experienced this 2 weeks post non purpuric vbeam? Please help with your experiences.
    I'm a vbeam veteran, but usually do purpuric, and don't ever remember a flushing response like this 2 weeks later.

Nothing is helping. Cold water. Fans. Please tell me it's just a temporary rebound?
    I'm beside myself...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have found that for 6-7 weeks after treatment recovery is up and down and then I'm suddenly much better. Try cold milk with a bit of oil Its ok to let it dry a couple of times and put another layer on. Its cooling and hydrating. Also Aveeno baby diaper rash cream helps a lot. Hang in there. What you are experiencing is not unusual

thanks arb161,

What does the Aveeno baby diaper rash cream do? How does it help with rosacea/flushing?

Its really just zinc oxide. It calms things down when I'm having a flushing episode. Its thick and pasty so its really only useful when you're at home.

This is normal, I get it all the time. In fact my last treatment was higher than what I normally have, it took 5 weeks for things to settle down. Week 1 is normally ok, weeks, 2-4, I flush a lot more than useless. Just standing up, or even talking can make me flush. After week 5, things calm down again - for me anyway, and I have been having IPL for over 10 years.

Just echoing the others here...I've never had any sort of laser, just lots and lots of IPLs, and my experience was essentially the same. Generally weeks 2 through 4-ish were pretty flushy, but volatility would often persist out past a month. That was for individual treatments. Generally I'd have a series of four or five spaced roughly four to five weeks apart. I learned that I couldn't make an honest assessment of the overall results of a series such as that until a good three to six months had passed. Certainly none of us can give you 100% assurance that what you're experiencing is the same process, and that things will settle and clear for you in the next few weeks, but I would think and hope that that's probably the case. Either way, keep us posted!