Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The death of a forum member. IowaDavid. Not sure where to post this

Default The death of a forum member. IowaDavid. Not sure where to post this

I just learned the saddest news. IowaDavid, longstanding member of this forum and a personal friend of mine and from many people on here, has passed away.
    IowaDavid was 37 years old and a gifted writer with a wicked sense of humor. He designed a red LED light device for treating rosacea (Soothing Rain).

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...p?78-IowaDavid

Quote Originally Posted by nat007 View Post
    I just learned the saddest news. IowaDavid, longstanding member of this forum and a personal friend of mine and from many people on here, has passed away.
    IowaDavid was 37 years old and a gifted writer with a wicked sense of humor. He designed a red LED light device for treating rosacea (Soothing Rain).

I'm so sorry to hear this. I didn't know IowaDavid as well as you did, Nat, but it's still a shock. He was on the forum for a long time. Do you know of anything he wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by nat007 View Post

I have been a lurker here for a long time before I joined . Its very sad to hear about his passing , I really feel this forum is also on its death bed , So many great posters have come and gone now including IowaDavid R.I.P . And the others just don't post anymore . Why is this ? ( 32,000 members and only 500 or so are active )

Thank you for letting us know, Nat. I am also really shocked and saddened. I can't say I knew Iowa David but I really appreciated the way he helped so many forum members including me, with kindness and dedication. This is a very sad news. May he rest in peace. Marie

Nat also posted this sad news under
    Red light therapy forum. Not
    Sure if moderators want to consolidate
    The posts under one forum but may
    Be good idea since David was our
    Red light guy. Very special human
    Being. Thanks for the light you gave
    Here David.

I'm not sure if I should breech his privacy by linking here to his obituary page? It only says he died unexpectedly at his home on the 31st of May, in terms of what happened.

I asked some relatives on facebook (PM) what happened, but since I am not a facebook friend of theirs, they might never read it, as fb places those messages in a separate file which many people overlook. So far they weren't 'read' at least. Also not sure if it should be put on a public forum, even if I get a reply? I just don't know, but am shocked as well.

Thanks for letting us know, Nat. I'm stunned and saddened. David was my first interaction here on the forum as a new member. He couldn't have been kinder in offering me suggestions. He was such a compassionate, friendly person, always helping so many here. He was also an inspirational role model in terms of how he tackled his own journey with rosacea. A truly lovely soul. Rest in peace, dear David.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I didn't know IowaDavid as well as you did, Nat, but it's still a shock. He was on the forum for a long time. Do you know of anything he wrote?
    He was a finalist for the Dana Award for Short Fiction. I read some of his stories and work but he didn't have it published yet as far as I know. Was struggling to get it right, the right way as he saw it. Super talented though. All round such a lovely and helpful person indeed. Huge cat lover as well. He went through a lot, rosacea wise and in general.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Thanks for letting us know, Nat. I'm stunned and saddened. David was my first interaction here on the forum as a new member. He couldn't have been kinder in offering me suggestions. He was such a compassionate, friendly person, always helping so many here. He was also an inspirational role model in terms of how he tackled his own journey with rosacea. A truly lovely soul. Rest in peace, dear David.
    Me too hg, so unexpected. He has been such an active forum member and so helpful and kind to many. I saw that many red light questions were still posted to David here. I hope newbies will be reminded of his vast archive of (rosacea) advice to be found on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Nat also posted this sad news under
    Red light therapy forum. Not
    Sure if moderators want to consolidate
    The posts under one forum but may
    Be good idea since David was our
    Red light guy. Very special human
    Being. Thanks for the light you gave
    Here David.

Yes, if moderators like to replace this thread to the red light topic section, maybe that is a better place for it? I wasn't sure..
    David will be missed, nice words about the light Birdie