Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The death of a forum member. IowaDavid. Not sure where to post this

Default IowaDavid

I am incredibly sad to hear of the passing of David. He was so very helpful to me regarding his light therapy - helpful to all of us really. Such a kind and gentle soul. Rest in Peace David. So sorry you are gone.

wendy

This is terrible stuff. David was a legend and really helped the community out here.

Did anyone know David or his family in real life? Can you PM me? I have a question.

Quote Originally Posted by realwork View Post
    Rest in peace. Although it may not be appropriate to ask, I would be interested to know how he passed? If it was self inflicted I feel it would be important for the forum to know and further our cause.

realwork
    I am sorry to hear of this news. I believe I had interactions with David a couple times here, but maybe it was just me seeing a bunch of his old posts. I do not know what his circumstances were or what was going on in his life, but I hope it wasn't self inflicted. Though I fear it could have been, just knowing what we all deal with by even being members here.

I think it would be important to know... but I understand if his family wouldn't want to release that info.

Rest in peace, David.

Default So sad

Quote Originally Posted by nat007 View Post
    I just learned the saddest news. IowaDavid, longstanding member of this forum and a personal friend of mine and from many people on here, has passed away.
    IowaDavid was 37 years old and a gifted writer with a wicked sense of humor. He designed a red LED light device for treating rosacea (Soothing Rain).

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...p?78-IowaDavid
    Hi Nat. I can only echo the sentiments of others on the forum. David reached out to me regarding light therapy after I had expressed interest. He seemed such a caring person. Let's be careful out there. I know my own quest for treating rosacea has involved the use of prescribed medications and OTC supplements. So young to have his life taken whatever the cause. RIP David.

Quote Originally Posted by KRC View Post
    Hi Nat. I can only echo the sentiments of others on the forum. David reached out to me regarding light therapy after I had expressed interest. He seemed such a caring person. Let's be careful out there. I know my own quest for treating rosacea has involved the use of prescribed medications and OTC supplements. So young to have his life taken whatever the cause. RIP David.
    Yes from what I now understand from his family, David passed unexpectedly while bringing in shopping. He had several medications in his system that might have been mixed in the wrong doses. The medication was, for now, pointed out as a possible cause in the autopsy. I don't feel in the position to say anything decisive on this, David was incredibly knowledgeable and did vast research on medication and supplements he tried, but regardless of whether or not medication combinations were the culprit or not, we all have to be in good communication with our doctors about what medication we try, what supplements we add (they can interact each other!) and to ask for regular tests when we are on long term medication (for those who choose the medication route I mean). .
    Uses: 22,5 mg mirtazapine, clonidine and propranolol, Xyzal at times.
    Diet: trying low sugar, no gluten and dairy, high protein diet.
    Link to my rosacea blog:http://scarletnat.blogspot.com

Unhappy So very sorry.

Dear Nat

I have not posted for a long time, like many David was so helpful to me concerning RLT and always answered any questions both on this forum and in a private message.

Bless him, he will leave a huge gap in the lives of many I am sure.

J xx
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Dreadful.

David was a kind and generous gentleman.

Very sorry to hear this news, though I'm relieved to hear that it doesn't appear to have been self-inflicted. I've long been troubled by (what I perceive to be) the lack of awareness/understanding/appreciation among non-sufferers for the mental and psychological suffering this condition can cause - I myself have been to some dark places thanks to this curse that we share. I very much hope that David wasn't suffering in that way at the time that he passed.

R.i.P. David