Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New SD Product (Dermadexin)

After years of lurking I finally get to contribute.

I am dealing with Sebderm and since January I've been able to control it with just protopic 0.1%. However, protopic only deals with the inflammation and the flares return quite fast if I stop using it.

I bought the Face Cure version from the Amazon link above and started using it on Friday, twice daily. I stopped protopic when I ordered it and was already flaring up again, ready to test the efficacy of it alone. I have to say I am impressed. My most stubborn patch on my left temple has considerably diminished in just 3 days. I really like how the cream is easily absorbed and has no scent but I don't see just one tube lasting for the 21 days the treatment should take (though I am applying it to the whole face). I am also a bit skeptical in buying the maintenance cream after years of avoiding all the oils it contains.

I'll give an update next week but for now I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by sejon View Post
    Ah yes, I've found it here. Thanks for sharing that -- I've noted it's cheaper to get it from there especially when you account for postage costs.

I'm a bit baffled as to what the difference is between their Face Cure and Skin Cure creams. The latter is designated for the body, but they have identical ingredients lists (both can be found on Astion Pharma's website), so my guess is the only difference is in the relative proportions, presumably to make the face cream lighter (i.e. more water, less mineral oil) than the body cream.

On the other hand, the body cream is 75g as opposed to 30g for just a couple € more, so some might find that the more economical option. If applied at night before bed, using a heavier cream isn't so much of a problem since cosmetic acceptability is less of a concern.

I notice a lot of cosmeceutical companies employ the same tactic -- they launch a face cream as a different product because they find they can charge more for less product than body creams, even when in terms of formulation there's practically no difference between them.

Not any more sceptical than I am generally for any new product. At the very least, the cheaper option from Amazon means I'm more likely to consider ordering it for myself, too.
    For £21 I'm getting a tube Friday.
    I'm still getting good success from the white vinegar method but it's really too strong for my upper lip and make it puss.

Will let you know how I get on with this

It's arrived today, washed face and just used, I've just got back from a sunny holiday so skin isn't that bad apart from a bit by the ear. Will let you know what that does.

Attached pics of product and the info that comes with it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sorry to spam but I put it on, what 2 hours ago? The redness by my ear has gone, completely gone.

Good start...

Quote Originally Posted by dpw28 View Post
    Sorry to spam but I put it on, what 2 hours ago? The redness by my ear has gone, completely gone.

Good start...
    thankyou for the update!

2nd application, not so great.
    I put it on all the areas that usually come out red and flakey, feels a bit burny in them places now, just gone to the mirror and it seems like a bit of an outbreak in them areas.

Will report back in the morning

So day 3.
    Yesterday was a bit hit and miss, where I applied it, it started to look like sun burn and like it could blister, I carried on with it anyway.

Woken up today and it's pretty much cleared. Either side of the nose usually has red marks, moustache area above the lip is usually flakey and looking sore and underneath bottom lip on the chin is always red, never goes.

There has been a massive improvement. Wish I had taken a before picture.

The cream goes on easily, soaks in fast and doesn't smell.

Again, will report back on day 4. Not sure the tube will last 21 days though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Anyone got a link to site shipping to Australia? So far all I can find are sites shipping to Europe only.

I've just finish week 1 on it.

I would prefer waiting the 21 day course, but the results were very good so far so I thought I should post.

A little background: I've had SD for years on face, last 3 years it got stronger (maybe 7/10 bad), and tried almost everything: hidrocortisone (didnt work nothing special), protopic (didnt work nothing special), climbazole and ketoconazole (both still use because they helps as antifungal), etc.
    I've learned in this forum about stopping the oils and from that moment SD started reducing very slowly. Still, that's the best thing I learned here because you have to continue stopping feeding the yeast.

Now, my skin was already just 5/10 bad before trying this cream.

The cream in 7 days does exactly what it promises: it completely helps rebuliding the skin barrier, and the skin feels soft and plumper again. Like I had when I was younger, it feels so good.

The bumps are starting to soften, the redness is fading, and the texture is much softer.

All I can say so far is try it. Maybe it works different for everybody, but I completely recommend.

I hope it will continue to improve until the 21 day course, and so far I dont have side effects. I just wish more doctors knew about this before...

Guys just don't forget keep the skin out of bad oils and use this to rebuild the barrier.

I will report back after the full course.

Hm... many extremely positive results here. I’ve used it everyday for 4 weeks and see no changes...