Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New SD Product (Dermadexin)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
    It`s available on amazon.de now.
    Ah yes, I've found it here. Thanks for sharing that -- I've noted it's cheaper to get it from there especially when you account for postage costs.

I'm a bit baffled as to what the difference is between their Face Cure and Skin Cure creams. The latter is designated for the body, but they have identical ingredients lists (both can be found on Astion Pharma's website), so my guess is the only difference is in the relative proportions, presumably to make the face cream lighter (i.e. more water, less mineral oil) than the body cream.

On the other hand, the body cream is 75g as opposed to 30g for just a couple more, so some might find that the more economical option. If applied at night before bed, using a heavier cream isn't so much of a problem since cosmetic acceptability is less of a concern.

I notice a lot of cosmeceutical companies employ the same tactic -- they launch a face cream as a different product because they find they can charge more for less product than body creams, even when in terms of formulation there's practically no difference between them.

Are you still sceptical, or...?
    Not any more sceptical than I am generally for any new product. At the very least, the cheaper option from Amazon means I'm more likely to consider ordering it for myself, too.

Well Astion says that the face cure creme should only be used for 3 weeks, and suggests to continue with an Astion repair creme 40% or 70%, that also contains Dermadexin, to prevent new skin problems.
    If skin gets bad again, face cure can be repeated.
    Last edited by Ulli; 24th May 2019 at 01:33 PM.

Well Astion says that the face cure creme should only be used for 3 weeks, and suggests to continue with an Astion repair creme 40% or 70%, that also contains Dermadexin, to prevent new skin problems.
    If skin gets bad again, face cure can be repeated.
    I noticed they mention this on their website also. So the Face/Body Cure creams are just intended as an intensive treatment and not as a prophylactic. The Repair Creams cost roughly the same and are 200ml, which is certainly more reasonable for regular use than the Cure creams. Thanks for informing us.

Here are the Repair Cream ingredients:

Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Isostearyl Isostearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Limnantes Alba Seed Oil, Niacinamide, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol.

The ingredients lists are identical for both the 40% and 70% creams. The different percentages reflect their total lipid content, so the 70% cream has a higher lipid-to-water ratio than the 40%.
    Last edited by sejon; 25th May 2019 at 09:09 AM.

Yes thank you Sejon, well if face cure works good for my skin then I will buy the repair creme in 3 weeks. Maybe the 40%.

So far I can say that my skin seems to accept the creme very well, which has always been a big problem with other cremes in the past.
    Until now there are no signs of irritation, no pimples, no itching, no nothing.

That's a good sign, cause if my skin doesn`t like a creme then it usually reacts bad pretty quick, and continuing the treatment has always endet in a disimprovement.
    Last edited by Ulli; 25th May 2019 at 12:33 PM.

Yes thank you Sejon, well if face cure works good for my skin then I will buy the repair creme in 3 weeks. Maybe the 40%.

So far I can say that my skin seems to accept the creme very well, which has always been a big problem with other cremes in the past.
    Until now there are no signs of irritation, no pimples, no itching, no nothing.

That's a good sign, cause if my skin doesn`t like a creme then it usually reacts bad pretty quick, and continuing the treatment has always endet in a disimprovement.
    So this product is not coming to the US? I have to go through a Danish online website?

How are your results with this? Does it get worse before it gets better?

I have really bad SD on the ears since many years, nothing helps besides regular masks with raw honey and I use squalane, aloe vera and petroleum Jelly to keep it from being painful. My main issue with it is that I have very impaired skin barrier, so the skin is extremely dehydrated and without heavy moisturizing it is very painful and gets cracked.

Now I am using this cream since one week, and the first days the redness and scaling was reduced, however itchiness was stronger during those days.
    Now Itchiness is zero, redness and scaling got higher.

I do see an improvement in the skin barrier, because usually without petroleum jelly, the skin gets so dry and painful that I cannot stand it anymore within 1 hour. Now I was able to have only this cream on without the petroleum jelly and it was not painfully dry for about 5 hours.. so it looks like the skin loses a bit less moisture.

Any updates on the results guys?

I've also ordered it from Amazon.de, it's expected to arrive Friday, and after the treatment I'll post my experience here.

How many here are treating rosacea AND seb derm? What is your rosacea type?

Quote Originally Posted by aafdup View Post
    How many here are treating rosacea AND seb derm? What is your rosacea type?
    Im only treating SD.

I really don't know what to say about this cream yet after 3 weeks, some days my skin looks good, some days it is not so good.. very inconsistent.

-Redness appears after I use this cream, so irritation gets a bit worse when I put it on- if I also put on top some vaseline, the skin irritation gets reduced. But I also have days when my skin looks very good just by using this cream with reduced redness.
    -itchiness, some days it is fine, some days it was a bit itchy, but not too much. When it got worse, I did a raw honey mask and it was good again.
    -scaling - scaling is reduced with this cream but sometimes there was some buildup of skin and I had to put on the vaseline or raw honey and let them soften the extra skin so that it peels away.

I think it is lacking the antifungal component, so this is maybe why it gets so much better with the vaseline and raw honey masks.

I will continue to use because I do feel that it improved the moisture level of the skin, it looks a bit more plump, more normal (during the good days.. other days not so much..) but only in combination with the raw honey masks and vaseline.

I advise to try it out.. because if you don't have extremely sensitive, damaged and dehydrated skin that react to EVERYTHING, then you have good chances that this works better for you.