Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New SD Product (Dermadexin)

Default New SD Product (Dermadexin)

Ok so I know I've posted before about new products claiming to be the next "miracle" cream for seb derm but this product does look very promising for something we could add to our arsenal. Cipher Pharmaceuticals bought the rights to this dermatitis cream from Astion Pharma and it is now under regulatory review with the FDA. It's called Dermadexin and it's the first cream of it's kind. The active ingredient is P3GCM (any chemists out there feel free to explain) Anyway here is the product description. If you check Cipher's website you will see it on there too.
    It's just nice to see that drug companies are working on things for SD

http://designkolonien.dk/DOWNLOAD/De...n_download.pdf

Let me know what you all think and if this is worth being excited over.

James

P3CGM is pyridine-3-carboxamide glyceryl monocaprylate.

Pyridine-3-carboxamide is another name for niacinamide (nicotinamide).

Glyceryl monocaprylate is a moderately active skin penetration agent, emulsifier, emollient, preservative plus several other cosmetic properties.

P3CGM is a combination of the two materials. See United States Patent 8084049 B2

On http://www.skindrone.com/forums/topic/dermadexin/ they talked about this.

So Pyridine-3-Carboxamide (B3) + Glyceryl Monocaprylate (caprylic acid [one oft the MCTs] and glycerin) so it should work?!

They talked about this on skindrone. So basically they made something that in theory should give results, i.e. Pyridine-3-Carboxamide Glyceryl Monocaprylate = nicotinamide + (glycerin + caprylic acid [one of the MCT-oils])?!
    It seems that it will be called Helioclin Dermatitis SD Cream and that Cipher pharmaceuticals still has it in their pipline, according to their website
    Last edited by givemethefiles; 25th May 2016 at 08:34 AM.

Hey, I also found something new related to Rosecea.
    It's a dutch article from a site which is from an experienced dermatologist who also sells her own skincare products.
    http://www.skinwiser.nl/nieuw-middel...in/obj10625696
    http://www.skinwiser.nl/nieuwe-creme...en/obj10580237
    Rosecea is not my area of expertise, but this looks like a really great development.
    Thought you may be intrested.

Kind regards,

Scotta

Thanks for the post. I agree it does feel good to see that they are working on new drugs.

So basically it's just nicotinamide thats able penetrate the stratum corneum? Sounds so simple in those terms, I really hope dermadexin will turn out to be useful. I have only seen this study on nicotinamide and malassezia so far online. If anyone as any info or insight please post.
    Cipher has a good reputation so I am optimistic this product has potential.
    Cheers
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23763270
    Last edited by Jbleez122; 25th May 2016 at 08:15 PM.

It looks promising, and I like their focus on repairing skin barrier function.

However, I hope there's more to it than just nicotinamide (a.k.a. niacinamide). While it's a very helpful skin repair ingredient, it's simply not enough to keep SD under control. Niacinamide is an ingredient in skincare products I've been using for a couple of years now, and I have SD regardless. So I wish they would go into more detail about what exactly is revolutionary about their SD cream.

Quote Originally Posted by sejon View Post
    It looks promising, and I like their focus on repairing skin barrier function.

However, I hope there's more to it than just nicotinamide (a.k.a. niacinamide). While it's a very helpful skin repair ingredient, it's simply not enough to keep SD under control. Niacinamide is an ingredient in skincare products I've been using for a couple of years now, and I have SD regardless. So I wish they would go into more detail about what exactly is revolutionary about their SD cream.
    Yes I hope so as well. I took this snippet from the description: The Dermadexin™ emulsions further incorporate Astion Pharma’s proprietary
    Micro Lipid Crystallization (MLC) technology which enables a physical restoration
    of the disrupted skin barrier which plays an essential role in the pathophysiology of
    dermatitis.

Not sure what this MLC technology really is but maybe we can find some more info.
    Ile check Astion Pharma's website.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    P3CGM is pyridine-3-carboxamide glyceryl monocaprylate.

Pyridine-3-carboxamide is another name for niacinamide (nicotinamide).

Glyceryl monocaprylate is a moderately active skin penetration agent, emulsifier, emollient, preservative plus several other cosmetic properties.

P3CGM is a combination of the two materials. See United States Patent 8084049 B2
    Thank you for your description Based on your knowledge do you think it has potential for seb derm?