Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New SD Product (Dermadexin)

I haven't seen any updates regarding the Dermadexin cream. I was optimistic when I first learnt about it a couple years ago but at this point I've disregarded it as an option since there doesn't appear to be any indication that it will come to market in any foreseeable future, if ever. They've been saying a market launch is imminent for the past 4 years or so.

Default Thanks for the answer

Hello, I have found another cream. It's called "Eutrosis DS Cream".

The italian company is "Difa Cooper". Or IFC Group.
    "EDS" is also the name of the cream. I think EDS means Eutrosis DS Cream.

There was a study which said that there was a reduction in symptoms of seborrhoic dermatitis after 6 weeks of 83 %.

I tried to order this cream, but I did not find it on Amazon. And the german pharmacies can't Import it from Italy because it's not listed as a medicine, but as a cosmetic.

If you can order this cream or tell me how I can order it, I would be glad if you could help me.

I don't know why they don't want to bring this cream to the market. They have invested many dollars in the 3 worldwide licenses from Astion Pharma years ago and in the clinical study. And now they don't bring this cream to the market. They are a company, and every company in the world wants to earn money, so why are they so stupid and don't bring this cream to the market?
    When I phoned them they told me that the USA are not important for them. But if the USA and being able to sell their cream there are not important for Cipher Pharmaceuticals, then I don't know any reason why they don't bring Dexiderm to the market.
    On the 6th of April 2017, it has been approved in Canada as a biological product and it has been approved in Europe in the year 2014 as a class 3 medical device.
    So everything is ready, they just have to start the production.

Does anyone know a good or better reason? Then please tell me and everyone.

All this makes me very sad.

Dexiderm is the only cream in the universe which can help every patient with seborrhoic dermatitis, so it's the most important cream in the world.

Or is there any alternative to Dermadexin? A cream that is as effective as Dermadexin?

Does anyone know a good or better reason? Then please tell me and everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Tom
    Last edited by tomschulte; 2nd February 2018 at 12:06 PM.

Default Maybe they haven't found a partner in either market for out-licensing

Or they did, but the partner is not ready yet. Cipher markets other drugs/treatments that are prescription based and prescrition is their main focus. I think a reason why it's so quiet is because they, like most companies are listed on the stock exchange market so everything they communicate has an impact on share price, basically. It's clear that their main interest is not helping patients with treatments but this is of course not surprising. Investors>patients. Growth and numbers and so on...

Dermadexin may not make them any revenue at the moment but they are not dependant on it so it's still an investment for the future. I think getting it approved in the US is crucial even though they say otherwise.

I check their website and even Google-search "dermadexin" almost daily, I guess that's all one can do. I can mention also that the former owner of this product did have a deal with finnish pharmaceutical company Orion Oyj regarding dermadexin. So maybe they are still involved as a partner, of course they will not comment on the matter should one ask.

I think it may be wise to not expect dermadexin to be a miracle treatment, but rather look at it as a promising product that could be very helpful.

This is just my thoughts and I may be wrong, thanks for reading and let's hope for news soon and a 2018 launch
    Last edited by One; 2nd February 2018 at 01:52 PM.

Default Thanks for the answer

Thank you very much for your answer. The former owner? You mean Astion Pharma from Denmark?

I will write some e-mails to Orion to ask them if they know something about the release date of Dermadexin or the reason why it has not come to the market until now. And I will ask them if the FDA and the USA are the reason for not bringing Dexiderm to the market so far. Or if there are other reasons.

I hope they will answer.

If I get a response from them, I will write it in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tomschulte View Post
    Dexiderm is the only cream in the universe which can help every patient with seborrhoic dermatitis, so it's the most important cream in the world.
    Bear in mind that the only studies done on this cream were conducted by the manufacturer itself, and while the results are very promising, they are always going to be cast in a more favourable light when there's a clear bias involved. Independent studies would be more useful for us to make informed decisions, but those aren't likely to happen when the product isn't even commercially available. I think it's important to not get your hopes so high and make such lofty claims about a specific product by saying it will "help every patient with SD" and is "the most important cream in the world", when so little information about it is accessible to the public.

If it is ever released it would be a pleasant surprise, since at the very least it's another option to try, with what appears to be a mechanism of action quite different from the standard anti-fungals and immunosuppressants.

Dermadexin does look promising if it does work well without causing new skin problems.

Thereís also this British product: https://www.novabiotics.co.uk/pipeline/luminaderm-np108. Not sure when it will come to market.

Thank you very much MrRed77. I will write an E-Mail to them asking them when will Luminaderm NP108 come to the market.

But Luminaderm does not strengthen and heal the acid mantle of the skin.
    And it does not eliminate the inflammation of the skin.

So do you think it's as good as Dexiderm for curing seborrhoic dermatitis?
    Last edited by tomschulte; 2nd February 2018 at 06:48 PM.

It would be an active ingredient for reducing malasseiza without irritation. Maybe the will combine it with Urea or ceramides to repair the existing damage. I think damage comes from trying too many random treatments. Thatís what happened to myself using shampoos on my face. SLS does not belong on my face. My malassezia is relatively in check but repair the barrier has been very slow. As sun, wind, low humidity and topicals all damage the skin.

I can see why dermadexin sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by sejon View Post
    I haven't seen any updates regarding the Dermadexin cream. I was optimistic when I first learnt about it a couple years ago but at this point I've disregarded it as an option since there doesn't appear to be any indication that it will come to market in any foreseeable future, if ever. They've been saying a market launch is imminent for the past 4 years or so.
    Looks like Canada and Europe will have Dermadexin marketed before the USA according to this progress report:

dermadexin.jpg
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Looks like Canada and Europe will have Dermadexin marketed before the USA according to this progress report:
    That progress chart has remained unchanged for approximately two years now (if not more).