Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: New SD Product (Dermadexin)

A positive review for the astion face cure

My seb was more or less under control aldready, some flaking there and there, with some redness and more severe flaking from time to time (related to stress, diet, drugs, makes me think its related to the inmune system).

After one week using it twice a day and no flaking and redness anymore. After 2 weeks I started using it more sprangly, with no signs of worsening. So very much worth a try.

I don't know if it works for more severe episodes (redness and severe flaking).

I have a a small patch on my scalp (that some times bleeds if I scratch). I tried applying the cream there but I can't say it worked much for that (nothing works there, cortisone, antifungals...).

I'm considering trying the scalp version, so I'd love to hear reviews if anyone has them. Or alternatives too, but considering I tried pretty much everything (sea salt, piss (yes), cortisone creams, oral and topical antifungals, coal tar, pimecrolimus shampoo, and a long list of shampoos with every ingredient i've ever heard of, son not holding much hope.

Going a bit offtopic, there's a recent pubmed article (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31278482) about a new cream containing stearyl glycyrrhetinate, biosaccharide gum-2 and piroctone olamine that shows positive results, but it's ex vivo so I'm not sure how promising can it be. It would be great if someone with expertise could have a look. I can share the full article, but not sure if it's allowed.

Going a bit offtopic, there's a recent pubmed article (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31278482) about a new cream containing stearyl glycyrrhetinate, biosaccharide gum-2 and piroctone olamine that shows positive results, but it's ex vivo so I'm not sure how promising can it be. It would be great if someone with expertise could have a look. I can share the full article, but not sure if it's allowed.
    That's the Nutraseb facial cream, manufactured by ISDIN, a Spanish company. You can find it fairly easily over-the-counter in pharmacies in Spain and Portugal, and apparently it's even made its way to the US (where it's available by prescription only, since piroctone olamine products cannot be sold OTC in the US).

I tried the Nutraseb cream for about 2-3 months with no results. Piroctone olamine hasn't worked in the past for me (nor have other anti-fungals like climbazole), so I wasn't all that surprised that it didn't help.

There's nothing particularly novel about Nutraseb cream, since there are many other creams by European cosmeceutical brands that use piroctone olamine and even a liquorice derivative like the stearyl glycyrrhetinate. Off the top of my head, Sebclair cream, Ducray Kelual DS cream, La Roche Posay Kerium DS cream, Bioderma Sensibio DS+ cream, and Uriage DS cream all have piroctone olamine and most have a liquorice derivative.

I've abandoned the idea that piroctone olamine, and anti-fungals in general, are useful in my case, but that doesn't mean it won't provide relief for others.

Hi Sejon, have you tried Stiproxal (ciclopirox olamine) ?

Yes, I've also tried Mycoster cream which is 1% ciclopirox olamine, with no results. At the very least it's one of the cheapest options to try, as a tube of cream was only about 3.

Interestingly, although it had no effect on my seb derm, the Mycoster cream cleared up my sister's perioral dermatitis in just a couple of days.

Well like all other creams it's stopped working.
    I went a good few weeks with amazing skin then one little spot came back, started cream again and it went but then other areas started appearing and the cream has stopped being effective.

Not sure if it was coincidence that it cleared or if my body has started to combat it.

Out of all the other false dawn's this is the one that's hurt the most, for over a month I was "normal" again and had good skin, now it's been taken away and I'm back to this mess.

Feel like giving up

Quote Originally Posted by dpw28 View Post
    Well like all other creams it's stopped working.
    I went a good few weeks with amazing skin then one little spot came back, started cream again and it went but then other areas started appearing and the cream has stopped being effective.

Not sure if it was coincidence that it cleared or if my body has started to combat it.

Out of all the other false dawn's this is the one that's hurt the most, for over a month I was "normal" again and had good skin, now it's been taken away and I'm back to this mess.

Feel like giving up

But you said you stopped using the cream for a week? I just bought from Amazon DE, lets see what it does but IF the face cure does actually work then I will buy the maintenance cream which they sell. IF you haven't maintained with the maintenance cream I'm not sure you can say their system has failed?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevi View Post
    But you said you stopped using the cream for a week? I just bought from Amazon DE, lets see what it does but IF the face cure does actually work then I will buy the maintenance cream which they sell. IF you haven't maintained with the maintenance cream I'm not sure you can say their system has failed?
    I guess so, but looking at the ingredients in the maintenance cream, a lot of them are triggers for seb derm I do believe.

Let us know how you get on.

In mean time I've booked to see a dermatologist for the 1st time, rather than a GP. Going next weds.

I've started a new regime of a probiotic soap and then pure oregano oil mixed with olive oil on the redness. Also taking an oregano supplement as this is meant to kill fungus in the stomach.

We shall see...

I guess so, but looking at the ingredients in the maintenance cream, a lot of them are triggers for seb derm I do believe.

Let us know how you get on.

In mean time I've booked to see a dermatologist for the 1st time, rather than a GP. Going next weds.

I've started a new regime of a probiotic soap and then pure oregano oil mixed with olive oil on the redness. Also taking an oregano supplement as this is meant to kill fungus in the stomach.

We shall see...

The oils that feed the fungus is a bit of a meme. The fungus isn't the problem the barrier function of the skin is. I think you were silly to give up on such a promising product that is geared for SD that was successful on the first stage of the treatment. If the first stage works well I will definitely be buying the maintenance cream. Trust me 99% of remedies won't work, Ive tried them all. Oregano oil and probiotic meh, not gonna help.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevi View Post
    Do you have a link for the maintenance cream please? I can't see it anywhere
    Thanks

Do you have a link for the maintenance cream please? I can't see it anywhere
    Thanks

You said you already checked the ingredients?????

Anyway here it is..

https://astionpharma.com/uk/shop/daily-repair-40/

reading this now, the science seems very advanced and logical.

http://designkolonien.dk/DOWNLOAD/De...n_download.pdf
    Last edited by Trevi; 22nd August 2019 at 04:50 AM.