Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Allergan Oxymetazoline

My advice would be to only use genuine rhofade as there are too many unknowns using some other of the shelf eye product. Your doctor will only be able to offer help for known prescriptions.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Default Just started trying it

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    which spray should i buy then ? and how much of this spray should i mix with a lotion ?

are there any rosacea sufferers who already tried this ? and what result did they have ? is it possible that the rosacea gets worse when putting this stuff on your face ?
    This is my third day of applying Oxymetazoline HCL from a nose spray product. My results are very similar to the limited test results that have been published - almost immediate improvement. I don't have generalized redness, but do have (almost HAD) other symptoms of inflammation (visible blood vessels,, etc.) and the acne-like symptoms, as well as a swelling nose. Quickest acting and most effective treatment I have tried. I am going to order a .1% cream from Australia as soon as I can arrange it. I believe the Oxymetazoline HCL will work better, be easier to apply and have less side affects in a cream form.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsob0 View Post
    This is my third day of applying Oxymetazoline HCL from a nose spray product. My results are very similar to the limited test results that have been published - almost immediate improvement. I don't have generalized redness, but do have (almost HAD) other symptoms of inflammation (visible blood vessels,, etc.) and the acne-like symptoms, as well as a swelling nose. Quickest acting and most effective treatment I have tried. I am going to order a .1% cream from Australia as soon as I can arrange it. I believe the Oxymetazoline HCL will work better, be easier to apply and have less side affects in a cream form.
    Hi

Almost immediate improvement from Oxy HCL Spray , So what percentage Oxy is that ? , Rhofade is 1% .

I mixed Afrin and CeraVe (suggested my dermatologist) and it worked! Immediately less redness!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily47 View Post
    I mixed Afrin and CeraVe (suggested my dermatologist) and it worked! Immediately less redness!
    Interesting! I'm not sure what to think about a doctor being that experimental...

Quote Originally Posted by David Pascoe View Post
    Interesting! I'm not sure what to think about a doctor being that experimental...
    This was posted in March 2017:

One common complaint that patients have is skin redness," said Arisa Ortiz, M.D., director of Laser and Cosmetic Dermatology at UC San Diego Health. "The redness may be a result of dry skin or rosacea, a condition that causes flushing of the face. For people with mild forms of rosacea, nasal sprays like Afrin can temporarily reduce redness." Source

Emily47's post was eight months later.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

So I apparently shouldn't have been all that surprised because I did write about this in 2014 ....

Afrin (Oxymetazoline) Safe Off Label Drug for a Red Face

So I apparently shouldn't have been all that surprised because I did write about this in 2014 ....

Afrin (Oxymetazoline) Safe Off Label Drug for a Red Face
    Hi David, so you've tried it and it worked.. still using it? curious about effects on long term use as the effect (for Afrin in the case of nose) is supposed to decrease with time.

I haven't tried it myself, was just quoting a paper where it was discussed as a viable treatment.

Now that Rhofade has been released we can at least compare efficacy and safety with everyone trying the same formulation, rather than guessing against many different custom formulations if we all made our own.

I haven't tried it myself, was just quoting a paper where it was discussed as a viable treatment.

Now that Rhofade has been released we can at least compare efficacy and safety with everyone trying the same formulation, rather than guessing against many different custom formulations if we all made our own.
    thank you for the info. Unfortunately it hasn't been released in Europe yet, I was wondering if something similar can be used here. Everything I've seen it's in spray form and not so strong.. best thing would be to have something in gel form and strong as Rhofade.