Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allergan Oxymetazoline

Quote Originally Posted by DBAA View Post
    it seems like putting afrin nasal spray on your face, maybe mixing it with a small amount of lotion, would produce nearly the exact same results.

why wait until 2017?
    Many who asked this question and tried Alphagan P to get hold of brimonidine before Mirvaso was available did not do well.

This would be a good reason to wait until next year, when your doctor is part of the treatment and can support you.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

but why does it take so long for the fda to prove it ?

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    but why does it take so long for the fda to prove it ?
    A normal review has a target of 10 months for approval. There is plenty of data for the FDA to review, in the form of the application for the new drug, so 10 months seems pretty reasonable I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by David Pascoe View Post
    A normal review has a target of 10 months for approval. There is plenty of data for the FDA to review, in the form of the application for the new drug, so 10 months seems pretty reasonable I reckon.
    Hi David, I appreciate your view and thoughts on this potential cream. What do you think? Do you think it will be another awful mirvaso? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ginaisred View Post
    Hi David, I appreciate your view and thoughts on this potential cream. What do you think? Do you think it will be another awful mirvaso? Thanks
    It will probably work quite well, but I think we need to be conservative in our expectations that it will be well tolerated by rosacea sufferers at large.

Only time will tell, but we more or less have been here before - waiting for a promising new drug to be available. With Mirvaso the large scale usage doesn't seem to match the Phase 3 trial results, but by contrast Soolantra has been well received. So we can but wait and see - and hope that things work out well - but temper our expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    which spray should i buy then ? and how much of this spray should i mix with a lotion ?

are there any rosacea sufferers who already tried this ? and what result did they have ? is it possible that the rosacea gets worse when putting this stuff on your face ?
    y'know, this is totally up to you. Mix it with drops of water, mix it with lotion - that's up to you. You already what pharmaceutical company will try to do, put it in a tube with somewhat vague/variable instructions in an expensive gel-form primarily composed of glycerin, parabens and poly-ol products to form an expensive looking/feeling gel (all contents available at Walmart in various lotions) - just experiment with it. You use too much, you might experience a flush effect (I would guess), use too little, flush appearance isn't reduced. There is no logical reason to wait for 2017 to get it, and be charged some 500 dollars for a small tube of it, only to realize oxymetazoline isn't something that works for you. May as well figure that out for 5 bucks.

It appears someone on this thread tried aturgyl and said it works - may as well go with that. No reason something like Afrin wouldn't work though, same active ingredient.

Quote Originally Posted by David Pascoe View Post
    Many who asked this question and tried Alphagan P to get hold of brimonidine before Mirvaso was available did not do well.

This would be a good reason to wait until next year, when your doctor is part of the treatment and can support you.
    I didn't realize people tried Alphagan P before Mirvaso came out, what a great idea! They could experience all the horrible rebound flush reactions, instead of paying 500 dollars for Mirvaso, then experiencing such horrid side effects.

Don't be surprised to see Oxymetazoline in a 500 dollar tube next year, it's probably smarter to go ahead and do a trial version with nasal sprays. As far as a doctor being able to support you, how exactly does the doctor support you after you get a bad reaction from Mirvaso? "Uhh, stop using it then." or maybe, "apply... an ice...pack..." - there is no real support here. These drugs are just there for a localized vasoconstrictive effect. the reality with this particular drug is, people having been snorting it without any major problems for the last 50-some years. Apply it to your face as you see fit, don't get ripped off by a big pharmaceutical company, in this specific case.

Just my two cents on oxymetazoline.

I didn't realize people tried Alphagan P before Mirvaso came out, what a great idea! They could experience all the horrible rebound flush reactions, instead of paying 500 dollars for Mirvaso, then experiencing such horrid side effects.
    The formulation of Mirvaso is not the same as Alphagan P of course, so there is the added problem of other active ingredients that might produce allergic dermatitis on sensitive rosacea sufferers' skin. It is not so simple as saying try one to evaluate the other.

Don't be surprised to see Oxymetazoline in a 500 dollar tube next year, it's probably smarter to go ahead and do a trial version with nasal sprays. As far as a doctor being able to support you, how exactly does the doctor support you after you get a bad reaction from Mirvaso? "Uhh, stop using it then." or maybe, "apply... an ice...pack..." - there is no real support here. These drugs are just there for a localized vasoconstrictive effect. the reality with this particular drug is, people having been snorting it without any major problems for the last 50-some years. Apply it to your face as you see fit, don't get ripped off by a big pharmaceutical company, in this specific case.

Just my two cents on oxymetazoline.
    Doctors can tell you straight away if you are having an allergic contact reaction, systemic allergy or other, can help you decide to stop it quickly if needed, offer other adjunctive therapies, offer a free sample, help you request a refund if you have adverse reaction, monitor for long term effects. etc. etc.

I think we can be tempted in the internet age to treat ourselves based on what amounts to mere anecdotes. This has many dangers, so be careful out there.

These drugs are just there for a localized vasoconstrictive effect. the reality with this particular drug is, people having been snorting it without any major problems for the last 50-some years. Apply it to your face as you see fit, don't get ripped off by a big pharmaceutical company, in this specific case.
    That is not true, there is no 50+ years of no problem use with oxymetazoline intra nasal. All drugs have side effects.

Have a read of this - Rebound Congestion Rhinitis Medicamentosa Information Page as a starter.

any news on the product ?