Thread: please confirm these are p&ps

Default please confirm these are p&ps

I typed up a whole post... and the forum ate it... Let me try the nutshell version of this.

6 months ago I had major surgery gone wrong and complications landing me bedridden for 1 month, and stress ensued. I went to many dermatologists with problematic skin on face: flaking, itching and nothing helping and its getting worse and spreading across my whole face. The itching is the worst part, driving me nuts... Drs were useless, antifungals and antibiotics they gave me never worked. They were even hesitant to call it seb derm because my face isnt red. On my own, I tried supplements, vitamins, etc for MONTHS. I already have a very clean diet (no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no soy) and exercise for years because I have PCOS (hormonal imbalance- but I also take medicine for this). I started using Auburn's honey mask and I am at the end of week 3...the first two weeks were good (70% flaking areas clearing up!) but some of the flaking is come back nooooo (now its more like 50%). I am following it to the T, never missed a day... why did it lose efficacy???? I'm not stopping the honey mask though because it's the ONLY THING that doesn't rip up the skin on my face!!!

Over the last 6 months developing seb derm flaking/itching ... the last 3 months I now have rosacea-like symptoms: p&ps and telangiectasias (under my eyes). But my face DOES NOT flush. I have cystic acne in the past (maybe 1 cystic pimple every 2-3 months) before this but that was nothing compared to this. It is NOT the same. It's painful red inflamed bumps ow. See photos below. And pus-filled pustules that come out of nowhere and grow large at a rapid pace (some have even exploded on their own, ew). I have been writing down foods, stress levels, etc and I can't find any "triggers" --- what is causing these p&ps? I know inflammation but that has to start somewhere... is it dustmites from being bedridden???? I just want to know what causes it so I can treat it! Ugh. ANY IDEAS???

Please give me advice...what is the BEST way to treat/reduce/prevent p&ps? They hurt so bad, ow!

Photos below. Tell me if you think these are p&ps - from my own research I think they are. They aren't normal pimples (whiteheads) or cystic acne...

they may not look so bad on this side of my face but they hurt very bad because they are deep!

the newest pustule/papules showed up right in the front chin area... just a couple days ago oww.

different lighting, i was trying to get a good shot of the pustule (so you can see it better- see the pus center?)

this is what I looked like BEFORE:

look at the cheek and jaw area... but ignore the weird-looking chin lol. this photo was originally taken as post-electrolysis treatment of chin hairs for reference later

also-- does anyone have papules that keep reinfecting themselves and won't heal? I literally have two spots on the side of my lower cheek that have been there since late February! AAAHHH!!! Any tips on how to ger rid of/heal it???

Did you have antibiotics during or after your surgery, by any chance? I ask because I developed rosacea after being bedridden for 4 months. This was after several rounds of antibiotics. I am pretty sure the immobility coupled with the antibiotics caused gut dysbiosis and rosacea was a side effect of that. Probiotics and other things I have done to heal my gut have helped. Once you get break the cycle of getting new P&P's the healing of red lesions eventually speeds up a bit.

I've had PPR for nearly 4 years now. I would guess that you don't have rosacea but it's only a guess. The first thing I would advise anyone is to go and see a dermatologist.

this looks a lot like my situation. I joined this forum to find out if I really have rosacea. I have isolated red pimples like yours (mine are mostly clustered on both cheeks, but occasionally I'll get them on chin/ jawline), but no flushing or redness, which it appears you don't, either. A dr did diagnose me with rosacea and prescribe metrogel (a family physician, not a dermatologist), but I'm wondering if that diagnosis is correct, or if he only diagnosed me with it due to my fitting the profile (white middle-aged female with abrupt first-time onset of pimples on my cheeks). I haven't been able to find anything online about rosacea without redness and with the only symptom being p&ps. Please let us know what you find out.

Also, I notice you are using a honey mask. Besides metrogel, I also just started using manuka honey as a mask. I can't tell if it's going to help yet, but it isn't hurting. Please let me know how things are going for you with this honey treatment.

You might want to consider the gold standard for rosacea treatment or read the post on when rosacea resists standard treatments.
    There is much discussion about using horse paste to rule out demodectic rosacea.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 23rd March 2019 at 05:31 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    You might want to consider the gold standard for rosacea treatment or read the post on when rosacea resists standard treatments.
    There is much discussion about using horse paste to rule out demodectic rosacea.
    I agree. Since you were bedridden your face touched the same pillowcase more and if your immune system was lowered, it is possible that demodex took the opportunity to overpopulate. Those pimple like spots last SOOOOO long. I would try ivermectin (horse paste) to see if it helps. The only thing is it may get worse first and they do have a 14-20something day life cycle so you have to treat for at least 3 months if not longer.