Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thickened skin on both cheeks

Sorry for the double post but I could not edit anymore.

Here is my layman theory on what happens (at least for me)

I go to sleep and they come out to mate. The night goes over. I wake up and turn the lights on. They start to crawl back into my pores. After 8 hours they are back inside the pore. They are doing something that causes me to flush (possibly them laying eggs is causing this) That would explain why my flushing has gone down so much after just 4 days. Because they can't lay eggs anymore. I don't know if my theory is even possible as I don't know much about demodex but I just felt like telling you guys what I think happens.

4 Weeks Update

Hello again,
    Here is my 4 weeks update.

First of I want to say some routine changes that I did to treat both demodicosis and possible mild seb derm that I have (not sure about this one though)

AM:
    Selsun Blue Maximum Strengh (on days I don't use PC 8% AHA)
    Paulas Choice 8% AHA (every 3rd day)
    Eucerin 5% Urea Moisturizer

PM:
    Eucerin Mild Cleansing Milk (with piroctone olamine)
    Ducray DS Cream (with piroctone olamine and Crotamiton)

My Symptons were flushing (8 - 10 hours after waking up, fire red for about 2 hours. I experienced severe hotness in those hours)
    Also thickened skin in the areas I flushed
    mild itching

Now 4 weeks later the flushes are practically gone. It gradually went down. After a week I already had solid improvements (I would say 50%).
    I would say that the symptons are now 95% gone. I didn't flush today but yesterday it was very mild (barely visible) and lasted maybe 20 minutes.

I think it is safe to say that the mites were causing me to flush (I have no idea why it always was 8-10 hours after getting out of bed)

As for the thickened skin I have not yet seen any visible improvement. But I remain patient because in particulary thickened skin can take a very long time to treat.
    The keratin needs to soften and then the skin need to slowly desquamate. I will continue this regimen and will update when there is anything new.

best regards,
    Soya

That's great news Soya. Please keep us updated on any improvements to your thickened skin. Do you have any idea which cream has had the most significant impact? I'd like to try something new but don't want to buy everything as my collection of failed creams is already vast!! X

The most impact had the Ducray DS Cream by far. It contains Crotamiton which is known to be a very good demodex killer. It also contains piroctone olamine which Tom said is also effective against demodex. Since my flushes seemed to be related to demodex the cream basically cured my symptomps.

Thanks for letting me know. I have only very slightly thickened skin on my right cheek (where I flush the worst) and it doesn't bother me too much but the flushing does! Did you try soolantra? It didn't make any difference to my flushing or skin texture so I am doubtful whether demodex are an issue in my case.

I never tried Soolantra. Although I guess it should have had the same effect as my treatment did. Not all is caused by demodex so sadly there isn't one single "cure".
    My skin is thickened alot. I am talking several centimeters. Although it is very evenly thicked so you dont really notice except for the fact that my right cheek is "bigger" than my left one.

It's great to hear you've found something that helps with your flushing and I hope it helps with the thickened skin over time. I will add it to my list and try it at some point

Hey soya how did you go? Is the thickness still there?
    I too struggle from this and not sure what do use on my face.