Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens with non purpuric vbeam?

Default What happens with non purpuric vbeam?

Hi, I'm curious to know what actually happens when you undergo non purpuric vbeam treatment for dilated blood vessels? My understanding of purpuric is that the vessels instantaneously burst. But can anyone explain the process following non purp treatment? How does it work on the vessels? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User108 View Post
    Hi, I'm curious to know what actually happens when you undergo non purpuric vbeam treatment for dilated blood vessels? My understanding of purpuric is that the vessels instantaneously burst. But can anyone explain the process following non purp treatment? How does it work on the vessels? Thanks
    The longer the time (ms) is the more heat is dissipated. Shorter pulse duration decreases the amount of heat deposited in the tissue (greater absorption in melanin) which increases the efficiency. So, high power (J.), short pulse (ms.), produces the best results. The question is whether this is true? There are no people on this forum that confirm these words. Because none of them has ever had laser treatment settings such as example 12-15J / 0.5ms or more Joule (?). Doctors, or are afraid of these "settings", or want to pluck from the customer money, without improving the skin (small joule (J.)).
    Last edited by poppe; 31st March 2016 at 02:20 PM.

Taken from RealSelf

"To destroy these dilated vessels enough energy needs to be absorbed by the vessel to do one of two things, preferably without damaging the normal skin structures.

1. The vessel absorbs enough energy to actually burst, releasing a blush of blood (the bruise) which demonstrates the capillaries in that laser spot received adequate energy to be destroyed. The pulse of energy is timed so that the laser shuts off so fast, heat damage is minimized to other tissues. This combination of proper energy for a specific duration is dependent on vessel diameter, and is termed the thermal relaxation time. Of course, depth of vessel is also important, but these laser wavelengths penetrate only about a millimeter or so before all the energy is absorbed, especially by a port wine stain or the dilated capillaries of rosacea. The bruise takes about two weeks to go away, just like a black eye.

2. The vessel heats up more slowly and the vessel spasms and the blood is actually constricted away from the vessel. This occurs when the energy is applied slowly, rather than in the half of a thousandth of a second that the pulsed dye laser beam duration is. The vessel (hopefully) heals shut permanently."

Quote Originally Posted by SRT150 View Post
    Taken from RealSelf

"To destroy these dilated vessels enough energy needs to be absorbed by the vessel to do one of two things, preferably without damaging the normal skin structures.

1. The vessel absorbs enough energy to actually burst, releasing a blush of blood (the bruise) which demonstrates the capillaries in that laser spot received adequate energy to be destroyed. The pulse of energy is timed so that the laser shuts off so fast, heat damage is minimized to other tissues. This combination of proper energy for a specific duration is dependent on vessel diameter, and is termed the thermal relaxation time. Of course, depth of vessel is also important, but these laser wavelengths penetrate only about a millimeter or so before all the energy is absorbed, especially by a port wine stain or the dilated capillaries of rosacea. The bruise takes about two weeks to go away, just like a black eye.

2. The vessel heats up more slowly and the vessel spasms and the blood is actually constricted away from the vessel. This occurs when the energy is applied slowly, rather than in the half of a thousandth of a second that the pulsed dye laser beam duration is. The vessel (hopefully) heals shut permanently."
    This is useful thanks. Is this why they say it takes around 2 weeks to see the full impact of sub purpuric treatment? Because the blood is being constricted away over this period?

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    The longer the time (ms) is the more heat is dissipated. Shorter pulse duration decreases the amount of heat deposited in the tissue (greater absorption in melanin) which increases the efficiency. So, high power (J.), short pulse (ms.), produces the best results. The question is whether this is true? There are no people on this forum that confirm these words. Because none of them has ever had laser treatment settings such as example 12-15J / 0.5ms or more Joule (?). Doctors, or are afraid of these "settings", or want to pluck from the customer money, without improving the skin (small joule (J.)).
    I'm more interested in the longer pulse length. What happens say for 6ms at 10j to the vessels?

I'm more interested in the longer pulse length. What happens say for 6ms at 10j to the vessels?

Wow 6ms, Maybe it also a good solution ... i don't know..
    Why do you want long pulse? The doctor recommends it?

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    Wow 6ms, Maybe it also a good solution ... i don't know..
    Why do you want long pulse? The doctor recommends it?
    Because that's what I've had the last 2 treatments. Definite improvement compared to pre treatment but wondering how it works and what the limitations are.

Hello,

What happens is that the laser heats up the vessel, not enough to burst it but enough to damage the cells that forms the vessel. Since the vessel is damaged, it's gonna seal itself and the cells will die. The vessel will disapear/be "absorbed". That's why it takes a little time to see results, whereas in purpuric the vessels are distroyed immeadiately.

Can I ask where you've had vbeam, and with which doctor ? Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
    Hello,

What happens is that the laser heats up the vessel, not enough to burst it but enough to damage the cells that forms the vessel. Since the vessel is damaged, it's gonna seal itself and the cells will die. The vessel will disapear/be "absorbed". That's why it takes a little time to see results, whereas in purpuric the vessels are distroyed immeadiately.

Can I ask where you've had vbeam, and with which doctor ? Thanks !
    Hi this is really useful thanks. May I ask you where you got this information from?

My vbeam has taken place in London. Are you from around here? If so I can provide details

Because that's what I've had the last 2 treatments. Definite improvement compared to pre treatment but wondering how it works and what the limitations are.
    Explain this improvement properly please .

Did the red areas blanch ? ( Turn white ) .