Thread: Clonodine Reboud flushing, how long will it last???

Default Clonodine Reboud flushing, how long will it last???

Hi, I haven't been on the site for some time, I've had my rosacea pretty much under control for the past few years, taking propranolol and antibiotic. Recently I switched from propranolol to clonodine due to weight gain I attribute to the propranolol. So I increased the clonidine to 1.5 tabs over the past couple of months with no issues and stopped the propranolol but its now not working as well as id hoped, and my face is redder and flushier than it was on the propranolol so I want to get off clonidine and get back to propranolol and I'm having horrible rebound flushing when I don't take the clonodine (1.5 tabs taken 3 times a day every 8 hours). When I say horrible flushing when i don't take a dose is like nothing I've ever experienced! and it doesn't calm down till my next dose. I know rebound flushing is normal but the heat coming from my face is unbearable, its worse than the rebound I had with mirvaso. Does anyone know how long it will take for the flushing to calm down, if ever? Cool compresses don't even help. I'm really concerned and having major anxiety over it, cant eat or sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by mastro View Post
    Hi, I haven't been on the site for some time, I've had my rosacea pretty much under control for the past few years, taking propranolol and antibiotic. Recently I switched from propranolol to clonodine due to weight gain I attribute to the propranolol. So I increased the clonidine to 1.5 tabs over the past couple of months with no issues and stopped the propranolol but its now not working as well as id hoped, and my face is redder and flushier than it was on the propranolol so I want to get off clonidine and get back to propranolol and I'm having horrible rebound flushing when I don't take the clonodine (1.5 tabs taken 3 times a day every 8 hours). When I say horrible flushing when i don't take a dose is like nothing I've ever experienced! and it doesn't calm down till my next dose. I know rebound flushing is normal but the heat coming from my face is unbearable, its worse than the rebound I had with mirvaso. Does anyone know how long it will take for the flushing to calm down, if ever? Cool compresses don't even help. I'm really concerned and having major anxiety over it, cant eat or sleep.
    Please try cold green tea compresses and a good alkalizer for your stomach like baking soda privided your BP isn't high. Good luck!

I had rebound flushing from Clondine as well, unfortunately for me it happened as early as 4 hours after taking a pill (25 or 50 mcg, both did it to me). I was up to 50 mcg three times daily. To get off the clonidine i took my time slowly reducing the dose until I was down to 12.5mcg 3x daily, then 2x daily and then stopped. I took three to five days with each level change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tondar View Post
    I had rebound flushing from Clondine as well, unfortunately for me it happened as early as 4 hours after taking a pill (25 or 50 mcg, both did it to me). I was up to 50 mcg three times daily. To get off the clonidine i took my time slowly reducing the dose until I was down to 12.5mcg 3x daily, then 2x daily and then stopped. I took three to five days with each level change.
    I also had rebound flushing from clonidine. I found moxonodine much better. It is an alpha blocker which reduces blood pressure, similar to clonidine, but it does not have the rebound flushing. I take 200 micrograms, 3 times a day. Some people take it twice per day.