Thread: Successful Redness treatment with Tincture of Peach

Default Successful Redness treatment with Tincture of Peach

Hi all,

I've been successfully managing my Rosacea now for almost two years. I looked on a lot of forums for advice etc while trying to come up with a plan. Nothing cheap worked very well and I'm not in a position to try expensive things. Also, I'm something of an alternative/natural medicine guy, so I wan't interested in anything to do with drugs.

Eventually I stumbled on my own inexpensive but effective therapy after learning to view Rosacea/redness as a kind of internal 'burning' of the skin, too much heat or fire as the middle ages physicians would have said. So how to manage this? With Peaches - which have the peculiar property of balancing or even counteracting heat, which is why Peach remedies are known for burns.

I tried an experiment and ate peaches with every meal for a while. Guess what - Rosacea 80-90% gone. There was (and is) still some very slight redness, but no longer noticeable. Whereas before I literally had people asking me if I'd been in a skiing accident and fell on my face (or the old classic "What happened to your face?") now no one even notices it now. The few people I've told about my condition say the slight pinkish tone makes me look healthy, i.e. not pale. In fact a few women have complimented me on how good my skin looks!

Now - I didn't want to eat peaches forever. So what to do? Make a peach tincture! I bought 5-10 pounds of peaches (don't remember exactly) and a liter of alcohol (brandy in my case because it was on sale). I poured the Brandy into a large sealed glass jug, and after every meal tossed in the pits from the peaches I'd just eaten and kept this in a dark cupboard as I understand direct light isn't good for such things. I did this for about two months until the entire quantity of alcohol was filled with peach pits. I then let it sit for another month or so to soak up every last bit of peach essence from the pits.

When the tincture was finished I strained/filtered all the solid bits of peach out and used a funnel to put the tincture back into the Brandy bottle. Once every couple months I use a funnel to transfer tincture from the large Brandy bottle to a smaller dark glass bottle (to keep sunlight away) with a dropper. This lives on my counter.

Result? A nearly perfect remedy that I still take after every evening meal. I mix 12 drops of peach tincture with my customary glass of water to go with dinner. You can do this your own way - morning or evening or whatever. But I don't seem to need anymore than that. I'm now only about 1/2 way through the original batch - so all up I expect to get about 5 years of treatment out of a total investment of about $50. Not bad!

I've tried it 2x a day and there wasn't much difference. 12 drops seemed to be the right dosage - though 7 or 8 or 15 or 16 might work fine too. But 3 or 4 drops doesn't seem to work as well.

I hope you'll give this a try - just buy a bunch of peaches and eat at least one with each meal for a week or so and see what happens. If it works as well for you as it did me, you know what to do!

Happy de-burning!!

Bloodfoot

Hmmmmmmmm.......

I'm reminded strongly of Laetrile http://www.quackwatch.com/01Quackery.../laetrile.html where we are substituting peach seeds for apricot seeds (botanically extremely similar).

Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdalin and numerous other similar condemnations.

It is not without risk!
    Last edited by johnabetts; 22nd March 2016 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfoot View Post
    Hi all,

I've been successfully managing my Rosacea now for almost two years. I looked on a lot of forums for advice etc while trying to come up with a plan. Nothing cheap worked very well and I'm not in a position to try expensive things. Also, I'm something of an alternative/natural medicine guy, so I wan't interested in anything to do with drugs.

Eventually I stumbled on my own inexpensive but effective therapy after learning to view Rosacea/redness as a kind of internal 'burning' of the skin, too much heat or fire as the middle ages physicians would have said. So how to manage this? With Peaches - which have the peculiar property of balancing or even counteracting heat, which is why Peach remedies are known for burns.

I tried an experiment and ate peaches with every meal for a while. Guess what - Rosacea 80-90% gone. There was (and is) still some very slight redness, but no longer noticeable. Whereas before I literally had people asking me if I'd been in a skiing accident and fell on my face (or the old classic "What happened to your face?") now no one even notices it now. The few people I've told about my condition say the slight pinkish tone makes me look healthy, i.e. not pale. In fact a few women have complimented me on how good my skin looks!

Now - I didn't want to eat peaches forever. So what to do? Make a peach tincture! I bought 5-10 pounds of peaches (don't remember exactly) and a liter of alcohol (brandy in my case because it was on sale). I poured the Brandy into a large sealed glass jug, and after every meal tossed in the pits from the peaches I'd just eaten and kept this in a dark cupboard as I understand direct light isn't good for such things. I did this for about two months until the entire quantity of alcohol was filled with peach pits. I then let it sit for another month or so to soak up every last bit of peach essence from the pits.

When the tincture was finished I strained/filtered all the solid bits of peach out and used a funnel to put the tincture back into the Brandy bottle. Once every couple months I use a funnel to transfer tincture from the large Brandy bottle to a smaller dark glass bottle (to keep sunlight away) with a dropper. This lives on my counter.

Result? A nearly perfect remedy that I still take after every evening meal. I mix 12 drops of peach tincture with my customary glass of water to go with dinner. You can do this your own way - morning or evening or whatever. But I don't seem to need anymore than that. I'm now only about 1/2 way through the original batch - so all up I expect to get about 5 years of treatment out of a total investment of about $50. Not bad!

I've tried it 2x a day and there wasn't much difference. 12 drops seemed to be the right dosage - though 7 or 8 or 15 or 16 might work fine too. But 3 or 4 drops doesn't seem to work as well.

I hope you'll give this a try - just buy a bunch of peaches and eat at least one with each meal for a week or so and see what happens. If it works as well for you as it did me, you know what to do!

Happy de-burning!!

Bloodfoot
    Hi, Which symptoms of your rosacea improved? Breakouts (papules and pustules)? Flushing?

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi, Which symptoms of your rosacea improved? Breakouts (papules and pustules)? Flushing?
    Good question as I forgot to mention the pustules. The flushing, redness etc not only improved but are (as I said) 80-90% gone. I hesitate to call it a cure, however, as it's not. It's a therapy of sorts. Also I should say I am still prone to more redness than usual when exercising - I do martial arts, for example, and I'm one of the guys who's face always gets a bit redder than most when exerting myself greatly. But even non-rosaceans get this. It tends to be the out of shape guys, or the drinkers, who seem to suffer likewise - of which I am neither. But the rest of the time, as stated, my skin is not noticeably red.

As to pustules/breakouts - I use an apple cider vinegar and water solution (about 1/3 venegar to 2/3 water) applied with a cotton ball to my face before bed as a cleanser of sorts. This made the pustules disappear, so much so I forgot to mention them! I literally haven't had them for years. The acidic environment seems to make it a poor environment for pustules.

Also - would like to add that adding carrot and or root vegetables to the diet on a regular basis helped improve the skin a great deal. I don't think it would help flushing or breakouts, but these items (called 'salts' by the middle ages physicians) tend to work strongly to support the skin. As does Zinc, which I also take daily. I add this for the Rosaceans whose skin isn't that great to begin with, like mine.

Finally I'll say I don't use any kind of store bought soap on my face. I just rinse/ lightly towel it in the shower to get off the dead skin. After the shower I use Hohoba oil (available at iherb.com at reasonable prices) wiped on my face to feed and nourish the skin. After it sits a few minutes (as I go about other personal grooming tasks) I wipe it off gently with a wet and wrung out washcloth. This may be why women tell me my skin looks so good! Hohoba is apparently a key ingredient in fancy skin creams etc. Native Americans used it traditionally to heal skin wounds, so seems a good match for Rosacea. Couldn't hurt anyway, and as I can't get near my face with commercial/chemical cleanser, this method was the only thing for it. It's called the 'OCM' in other forums, for 'Oil Cleansing Method'. Apparently the ancient Greeks did something similar.

Good question as I forgot to mention the pustules. The flushing, redness etc not only improved but are (as I said) 80-90% gone. I hesitate to call it a cure, however, as it's not. It's a therapy of sorts. Also I should say I am still prone to more redness than usual when exercising - I do martial arts, for example, and I'm one of the guys who's face always gets a bit redder than most when exerting myself greatly. But even non-rosaceans get this. It tends to be the out of shape guys, or the drinkers, who seem to suffer likewise - of which I am neither. But the rest of the time, as stated, my skin is not noticeably red.

As to pustules/breakouts - I use an apple cider vinegar and water solution (about 1/3 venegar to 2/3 water) applied with a cotton ball to my face before bed as a cleanser of sorts. This made the pustules disappear, so much so I forgot to mention them! I literally haven't had them for years. The acidic environment seems to make it a poor environment for pustules.

Also - would like to add that adding carrot and or root vegetables to the diet on a regular basis helped improve the skin a great deal. I don't think it would help flushing or breakouts, but these items (called 'salts' by the middle ages physicians) tend to work strongly to support the skin. As does Zinc, which I also take daily. I add this for the Rosaceans whose skin isn't that great to begin with, like mine.

Finally I'll say I don't use any kind of store bought soap on my face. I just rinse/ lightly towel it in the shower to get off the dead skin. After the shower I use Hohoba oil (available at iherb.com at reasonable prices) wiped on my face to feed and nourish the skin. After it sits a few minutes (as I go about other personal grooming tasks) I wipe it off gently with a wet and wrung out washcloth. This may be why women tell me my skin looks so good! Hohoba is apparently a key ingredient in fancy skin creams etc. Native Americans used it traditionally to heal skin wounds, so seems a good match for Rosacea. Couldn't hurt anyway, and as I can't get near my face with commercial/chemical cleanser, this method was the only thing for it. It's called the 'OCM' in other forums, for 'Oil Cleansing Method'. Apparently the ancient Greeks did something similar.
    Thanks for this! All very interesting. Peaches are high in Vit A, which is good for skin. Carrots have high beta carotene, which converts to Vit A. Flushing and redness are my main issues - as I have type 1 rosacea. I'll have to start picking up all things peachy at the grocery store and see how I do. Thanks again for your reply. Glad you found something that works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Thanks for this! All very interesting. Peaches are high in Vit A, which is good for skin. Carrots have high beta carotene, which converts to Vit A. Flushing and redness are my main issues - as I have type 1 rosacea. I'll have to start picking up all things peachy at the grocery store and see how I do. Thanks again for your reply. Glad you found something that works for you!
    Great ~ hope it works as well for you as it is for me. I should also say that I believe the key is eating peaches themselves (to see if it will work for you, prior to making a tincture). I very much doubt benefit would come from yogurt with peach in it, or peach tea and the like.

As a general rule, as soon as something natural (peach for example) is processed in some way or treated chemically it's healing essence is lost. Or diluted so much it's no longer effective. If it works please post so others can have the benefit of another success story.

Great ~ hope it works as well for you as it is for me. I should also say that I believe the key is eating peaches themselves (to see if it will work for you, prior to making a tincture). I very much doubt benefit would come from yogurt with peach in it, or peach tea and the like.

As a general rule, as soon as something natural (peach for example) is processed in some way or treated chemically it's healing essence is lost. Or diluted so much it's no longer effective. If it works please post so others can have the benefit of another success story.
    Agree. Thought I'd just try to add in a few whole peaches to my diet per week vs try a tincture. (Haven't had them in a long time.) More of a way to eat more things helpful to skin health. I'm a flushing rosacean; don't have the p&p of type 2. I mainly focus on nerve, vessel and liver health for my flushing...in addition to laser. But my skin feels better with vit a/beta carotene-rich food (sweet potatoes, spinach, etc). Feels stronger and calmer. So peaches should help, too - and add variety.