Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IPL and V Beam doesent work!

Quote Originally Posted by RAWARALBIHN View Post
    Hmm I am a bit confused right now... what do you mean with both 0.45ms and 1.5ms? Could you explain more in detail how the different pulse duration setting change the effect of the treatment? What is it that makes the small blood vessels disappear with a shorter setting than a longer one? Is it about the temperature in small blood vessels who donīt get hot enough with long pulse duration? Is the main gold to get a bruising to get good results?
    Basically, bruising means that the blood vessel has actually been destroyed. A non-bruising setting will instead spasm the vessel and the idea is that the blood is constricted away from the vessel. However the non-bruising method is far less effective.

If you have small dilated blood vessels visible on the skin, then 0.45ms will be even more effective than 1.5ms. Different people bruise at different levels but 5 -7 Joules is a good starting point.

Ye can talk all ye want about Bruising ,Short pulse , 0.45ms till the cows come home .

There is still not one person that has ever come on this forum with pictures to say that it actually worked for them

That means ( Proper good clearance and not patchy looking ) .

And until then its all unproven .
    Last edited by davekelly; 17th March 2016 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Example, you said you had many treatments and didn't see results. I can guarantee that the pulse duration was incorrect for your blood vessels.

If you had of been treated with a short pulse duration you would have seen improvement.

Yes if the pulse duration is too long it won't heat up the smaller blood vessels, they will be left behind and you will still be red with small blood vessels.
    Ok! Thanks for everything! Now I have received answers to the many questions I had! I only got one final question about all this: How many settings on the laser machine are there in total that are important to remember?

So far in I heard:

1. Pulse duration

2. Joule

Anything else?

Do you have some before and after pictures on how you look after treatments?
    Last edited by RAWARALBIHN; 17th March 2016 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWARALBIHN View Post
    Ok! Thanks for everything! Now I have received answers to the many questions I had! I only got one final question about all this: How many settings on the laser machine are there in total that are important to remember?

So far in I heard:

1. Pulse duration

2. Joule

Anything else?

Do you have some before and after pictures on how you look after treatments?
    Yes just the pulse duration and joules with the vbeam. The wavelength is fixed at 595nm.

I have pictures on my thread, click the attachments part and they should pop up.

Also I uploaded a published study of the old school pulsed dye lasers used with a 0.45ms pulse duration with a fixed 585nm wavelength.

It didn't work because the person treating you didn't have a clue what they were doing.... If you didn't see results from the treatments I can almost guarantee the person doing the treatments did not match the pulse duration to the thermal relaxation time of its target.

Small blood vessels Need a short pulse duration.

Bigger veins need a longer pulse duration.
    Was that Blackrock clinic? Know this through reading your posts that you are based in Ireland.

I have a meeting with doctor after my third IPL and wondering should I even bother turning up as there hasn't been much improvement and go to doctor Murphy in drogheda.

I don't like the sound of a place that would do 9 treatments on you without any improvement.

Can't PM

Quote Originally Posted by Albertotomb11 View Post
    Was that Blackrock clinic? Know this through reading your posts that you are based in Ireland.

I have a meeting with doctor after my third IPL and wondering should I even bother turning up as there hasn't been much improvement and go to doctor Murphy in drogheda.

I don't like the sound of a place that would do 9 treatments on you without any improvement.

Can't PM
    No the place I first got treated was in Dublin city.. Not putting there clinics name up on this but will mail you it so you know to avoid the place. When I complained I was told that their was a girl who got treated in Scotland she had a patch test by the sounds of what the Doctor told me.

Anyway she blanched with a short pulse and then came back to Dublin so wanted to get the rest of the areas treated... The place "I was attending in Dublin city" took 9 treatments or longer. " why she didn't smell a rat I don't know" they told me "we got her there eventually".... More then likely had to remortgage her house to pay for all those treatments if it's anything like what I paid per treatment!

IPL is useless especially for men as you have to avoid hair bearing areas as it will remove beard hair. That and the fact that IPL can not produce short pulses like a pulsed dye laser.

Be warned though, all lasers carry the risk of fat loss, especially IPL and vbeam second, Dave Kelly had a reaction and was left with fat loss.

As I always say, demand short pulses 0.45ms 1.5ms and do a patch test!

Do not let the people talk you into doing a long pulse duration and no patch test. If something goes wrong at least the damage is just in one area, not your whole face. I can guarantee with a long pulse you won't see jack all of a difference. Needs to be a short pulse and a bruise.

My thread vbeam experience and advice has my laser pulse durations and pictures so screen capture them on your smart phone to show the doc this is what you want and nothing less!

So you have to weigh the pros and the cons. Personally I'm getting zapped again. Life's to short to go around being conscious of a red face and doesn't seem to be anything in the pipe line to treat subtype 1.

Thanks for the reply.

I agree sometimes you have to take calculated risks.

Wish I was student again. I would have no real prob going brusing and hiding away for two weeks from college.

Yes you have to ask for a 0.45ms 1.5ms pulse duration with bruising.

You can inflict a bruise with a long pulse duration and not see results if the pulse duration doesn't match the thermal relaxation time of its target.
    Interesting. So could non-bruising 0.45ms still yield visible results? Would you notice them immediately or after 4-5 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by SRT150 View Post
    Interesting. So could non-bruising 0.45ms still yield visible results? Would you notice them immediately or after 4-5 weeks?
    Hmmm ..... I have heard of Doctors stacking the pulses "so two passes over the same area instead of one" while not bruising the skin.

Personally I prefer to rupture the vessels and bruise so I know the offending vessels have been removed permanently.

When you bruise with a short pulse and look closely at the skin you can see the vessels that have been targeted... They take on this reddish appearance and look "frazzled" as the bruise fades so do the vessels.

Then when the laser marks heal you can see the clearance... So yes anywhere from 2- 6 weeks is when you notice the full results