Thread: My doctor is testing a vbeam upgrade

Default My doctor is testing a vbeam upgrade

Finally something somewhat new. I had my second treatment yesterday but I can report on the first. I found that I had less swelling and bruises . I have a really problem area on my chest that really had not been responsive to treatment for some. It was particularly bad at night when it would flush intensively. The flushing has been reduced significantly and I have a few clear spots. Heat tolerance also increased on my face. This is at settings lower than the laser is capable of.
    The doctor was somewhat reticent to give me a lot of information because of the proprietory concerns of the company, but gave me permission to post that there is something new. He did say that the machine could treat safely at higher levels without havig to shut down and recover. Also that the energy is distributed differently. Its not a revolution but its something. Hopefully it will get companies competing again to develop better products

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    Finally something somewhat new. I had my second treatment yesterday but I can report on the first. I found that I had less swelling and bruises . I have a really problem area on my chest that really had not been responsive to treatment for some. It was particularly bad at night when it would flush intensively. The flushing has been reduced significantly and I have a few clear spots. Heat tolerance also increased on my face. This is at settings lower than the laser is capable of.
    The doctor was somewhat reticent to give me a lot of information because of the proprietory concerns of the company, but gave me permission to post that there is something new. He did say that the machine could treat safely at higher levels without havig to shut down and recover. Also that the energy is distributed differently. Its not a revolution but its something. Hopefully it will get companies competing again to develop better products
    I think that we may have the same doctor! I had my first v beam 2 weeks ago. The doctor said the machine was the newest version of the vbeam perfecta which is not widely available yet. When I asked him what made this machine different, he said that it was the way it delivered the energy. As this was my first v beam, I don't have anything to compare it to. How were your results with this laser? I have not seen any results yet, but it has only been two weeks. My recovery was minimal. I was swollen for 3 days and my skin was back to its pre vbeam baseline by 5 days. I had one or two small bruises that healed within the week.

patriotgirl, are you getting treatments from dr eric bernstein?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotgirl View Post
    I think that we may have the same doctor! I had my first v beam 2 weeks ago. The doctor said the machine was the newest version of the vbeam perfecta which is not widely available yet. When I asked him what made this machine different, he said that it was the way it delivered the energy. As this was my first v beam, I don't have anything to compare it to. How were your results with this laser? I have not seen any results yet, but it has only been two weeks. My recovery was minimal. I was swollen for 3 days and my skin was back to its pre vbeam baseline by 5 days. I had one or two small bruises that healed within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotgirl View Post
    Hi sorry I didn't see this earlier . Could you pm me please