Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse dye laser progress thread

Default Pulse dye laser progress thread

Hi guys,

First post! I've book 6 sessions of PDL to remove the redness on my face, thought I would give updates on this every week so people can see the results. My first is the end of this week. Not sure how severe it is but as you can see its such a big contrast from my neck with flash. 2nd with natural light.

Its been getting me down and I've decided to tackle it. I think it's due to both Seborrheic dermatitis spreading and little use of sunscreen. Also I had a flare-up of cystic acne on my forehead about 3 years ago but it's relatively bump free now.

Attachment 4004

For some reason I can't attach the 2nd picture, file size needs to be under 19kb, maybe mods could change this as I like to give updates on this

This with natural light, not as bad as one with a flash!!
    uploadfromtaptalk1457285133106.jpg

Can't tell anything really mate, hope treatment goes well, look forward too seeing results...

Hello Randy,

I have something similar, with a big contrast (red/white) with my neck. I think about PDL too . Thanks for update

Hope it will works !!

Can you tell us wich kind of PDL will you use ? Do you already know the settings ?

And I can't see your 1st photo with flash ? Is it just me or is it a bug ?

Optimismum

Hey, I don't know the settings yet but I will ask the Dr. on the day . She said I'll have minimal downtime so probably no bruising. It will be a N-lite last AFAIK.

She said i should also be home derma rolling with peptide serum and vitamin c. I use dermaceutic zinc sunscreen daily and cetaphil in the morning. Any good recommendations for gently removing zinc in the evening after work?

I could probably do with a good night cream also.

I will be having six PDL sessions with a gap of 2 weeks between each one.

That's true about the 2nd photo I look okay in it but having aveeno calming it down does help.

It works, thank you !

I can see you are more pink than red. Is it localized only on the upper face (forehead, cheeks and nose) ?

And i'm very interesting to see how PDL non bruise will works on this because my mother has too a similar situation, and she has done 4 x Vbeam bruising (1 / 6 months) and she's now totally clear on face and just pink on cheeks. Let's see

You mean you have seb derm. Where is it localized ?

Optimismum

I think I'm with the right dermatologist this time. She did a Visia skin analysis which is very good. It checks wrinkles, fine lines, redness and pigmentation. She inputs my age and then it checks my results against the expected levels, my redness came in of someone has when their 50, not good!

Yeah I'm not sure what it was, mainly a rash based around my nose. It looks like it basically spread. Yep the only redness I have is mostly on the cheeks and the forehead. The rest of my body is fair. I've given up alcohol over the last 4.5 month and I think it makes a difference. But it will take time and hopefully PDL will speed up the healing process

For me you have not a problem at all. I wish I had such nice colored skin.
    Unfortunately here in the Netherlands it is hard to find good doctor and everything is rejected as "noo, you cannot get this treatment it is too expensive for the country!!!, here take the paracetamol and lie in bed".
    What a bunch of retarded pricks made health system here devastated -.-