Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PREVENTION OF ROSACEA INFLAMMATION (Patent Published by Gallo et al)

Remember that is a patent application that is being referred to here, not a scientific treatise.

Much, possibly most, of the apparently revelatory information could be nothing but obfuscation with the real invention lying within the detail of the specification hidden from all but a deep examination.

Here's a source of pure quercetin powder: http://www.bulksupplements.com/querc...FceBfgodG-4E5w

I use Doctor's Best Quercetin/Bromelain. I've had no rebound issues with quercetin. I Just meant that some have caused that. Afrin (oxy) in particular.

I like the quercetin. It's 500 mg quercetin/250 mg bromelain for 2 capsules. Quercetin has other health benefits beyond rosacea, so I'd likely continue taking it whether it helped the rosacea or not.

But it helps me (along with niacinamide) with histamine/light flushing I get on my chest, neck and ears. And makes my face feel calmer.

Some of the past forum members said it helped with their redness. I can see how that's so if you have p&p and the redness associated with those inflammatory bumps. But it haasnt helped my redness from vascular rosacea - the vessels. Since it calms my face though, the color is more pinky than angry red.

So much of this is trial and error. Some people do well with a supplement or medication - but the same med makes this worse or neutral for others. Quercetin is pretty cheap - so is niacinamide - so it's worth a try. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    I use Doctor's Best Quercetin/Bromelain. I've had no rebound issues with quercetin. I Just meant that some have caused that. Afrin (oxy) in particular.

I like the quercetin. It's 500 mg quercetin/250 mg bromelain for 2 capsules. Quercetin has other health benefits beyond rosacea, so I'd likely continue taking it whether it helped the rosacea or not.

But it helps me (along with niacinamide) with histamine/light flushing I get on my chest, neck and ears. And makes my face feel calmer.

Some of the past forum members said it helped with their redness. I can see how that's so if you have p&p and the redness associated with those inflammatory bumps. But it haasnt helped my redness from vascular rosacea - the vessels. Since it calms my face though, the color is more pinky than angry red.

So much of this is trial and error. Some people do well with a supplement or medication - but the same med makes this worse or neutral for others. Quercetin is pretty cheap - so is niacinamide - so it's worth a try. Good luck!
    Hey mate, do you use this Quercetin as oral supplement right? not as topical one

Once again. Please don't compare products like Afrin to mast cell stabilizers.

Anyway-> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22470478

Que is more effective than cromolyn in inhibiting IL-8 and TNF release from LAD2 mast cells stimulated by SP

My theory is that our disease is caused by Substance P->mast cells link so if this study is right quercitin might be very helpful. But, eating it won't help you. We must put it on our face with some kind of carrier which will help penetrate the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Hey mate, do you use this Quercetin as oral supplement right? not as topical one
    Yes I use the oral supplement.

There are quite a few older threads and posts on the forum from people who benefited from quercetin. If you do a search, you should come across them. Here's one, but there are lots of others - including threads on the science behind quercetin

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...Rid-of-the-Red

Cromolyn didn't help me; increased my night time flushing. I did try Singulair, a leukotriene inhibitor that is often an adjunct treament mast cell meds. This is also discussed in older threads on the forum. It didn't work for me for flushing.

Yes I use the oral supplement.

There are quite a few older threads and posts on the forum from people who benefited from quercetin. If you do a search, you should come across them. Here's one, but there are lots of others - including threads on the science behind quercetin

https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...Rid-of-the-Red

Cromolyn didn't help me; increased my night time flushing. I did try Singulair, a leukotriene inhibitor that is often an adjunct treament mast cell meds. This is also discussed in older threads on the forum. It didn't work for me for flushing.
    Cheers

interesting thread the one you linked

Quote Originally Posted by illbeok View Post
    Once again. Please don't compare products like Afrin to mast cell stabilizers.

Anyway-> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22470478

Que is more effective than cromolyn in inhibiting IL-8 and TNF release from LAD2 mast cells stimulated by SP

My theory is that our disease is caused by Substance P->mast cells link so if this study is right quercitin might be very helpful. But, eating it won't help you. We must put it on our face with some kind of carrier which will help penetrate the skin.
    The bioavailability of quercetin digested is 0.1%. In some studies on pubmed it has been given intravenously, bypassing the stomach, intestinal and liver metabolism. The best practical option is the version available as a nasal spray, that has a bioavailability of 4-5%.
    Last edited by Daens; 9th March 2016 at 06:10 PM.

Default hg24 ...chromolyn

Hello Hg24 -

I cannot recall but I think you said you used Chromolyn for some time. Did you find it effective? I am seeing my allergist next week and we are going to discuss it. Also, do you know if it comes in a nasal spray as well as oral pill? My damn nose will NOT stop swelling!

Thank you kindly.

Wendy

Hi Wendy, I only tried chromolyn. It didn't do much for me. I also tried Singulair. Nothin'.

I'm helped by quercetin. Have you tried that for your nose? That's what Queta used - and she had the same kind of rosacea - swelling of the nose. Also other parts of face.