Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PREVENTION OF ROSACEA INFLAMMATION (Patent Published by Gallo et al)

Default PREVENTION OF ROSACEA INFLAMMATION (Patent Published by Gallo et al)

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2016/0030386.html

Images and tables/graphs with results
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20160030386.pdf

In summary, mast cells are central to the infammatory loop in Rosacea and to effectively treat it by mast cell stabilizers and/or neuropetide antagonists.
    The mast cell stabilizers in the patent consist of lodoxamide, nedocromil, cromolyn, pemirolast and pharmaceutical salts of any of the foregoing.

For me it is a breakthrough. The most important study I have ever read.
    Finally after many many years of killing mites and doing other useless things someone studied something really important.

but why a vitamin D3 antagonist ?

Quote Originally Posted by illbeok View Post
    For me it is a breakthrough. The most important study I have ever read.
    Finally after many many years of killing mites and doing other useless things someone studied something really important.
    Are you going to try any of the mentioned mast stabilisers? It seems from reading the document that you have to use them consistently at the correct dose to be effective in stopping the symptoms.
    I have symptoms just on my nose, flushing and swelling, so I am thinking about trying a mast cell nasal spray inside my nose and a eye drop lotion on the skin.

Hi, be careful of rebound. Eye drop lotion is not a good idea. If you look around at posts about Afrin naasal spray or Mirvaso - you'll see the rebound problem they create.

You might poke around on the forum - search for quuercetin. Quercetin is a mast cell stabilizer and natural antihistamine. Many people over the years here have experienced improvement with it.

Also, there are many posts and threads over the last decade here on mast cell stabilizers and mastocytosis - as it relates to flushing/rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by Daens View Post
    Are you going to try any of the mentioned mast stabilisers? It seems from reading the document that you have to use them consistently at the correct dose to be effective in stopping the symptoms.
    I am not sure if nasal sprays can penetrate the skin but well.. I will probably try cromolyn.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24
    Hi, be careful of rebound. Eye drop lotion is not a good idea. If you look around at posts about Afrin naasal spray or Mirvaso - you'll see the rebound problem they create.
    Don't scare people. Vasoconstrictors you mentioned have nothing in common with mast cell stabilizers.

Unfortunately, I think all those remedies mentioned, might prove scientific concept rather than have any beneficial and realistic effect on rosacea.
    I have tried cromolyn sodium before. It has very little impact, maybe 10% of what brimonidine achieves. But has nearly as good rebound flushing as brimonidine. That said, liquid concentration and duration of treatment might amend results.
    I really doubt, any of those substances will ever come to significantly improve red face.

Quote Originally Posted by illbeok View Post
    I am not sure if nasal sprays can penetrate the skin but well.. I will probably try cromolyn.

Don't scare people. Vasoconstrictors you mentioned have nothing in common with mast cell stabilizers.
    Illbeok, in topical form, yes, there is a rebound effect.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post

You might poke around on the forum - search for quuercetin. Quercetin is a mast cell stabilizer and natural antihistamine. Many people over the years here have experienced improvement with it.

Also, there are many posts and threads over the last decade here on mast cell stabilizers and mastocytosis - as it relates to flushing/rosacea.
    I would try Quercetin by it seems no topical version of it exists. Also the problem with Quercetin is it sells in herbal/homeopathic stores and a lot of them use tiny amounts and fillers. I can't find a good source of it in the UK.
    I have read no reports about topical (or oral) mast cell stabilisers having rebound.
    Unlike the alpha adrenergic agonists (Oxymetazoline and Brimonidine) that induce vasoconstriction and rebound.

buratino29
    and
    hg24

I have absolutely no idea why would mast cell stabilizers like cromolyn induce rebound flushing. It does not make any sense :/
    Gonna try cromolyn anyway.