Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: V-Beam on Thursday for KPRF

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie71 View Post
    I have had it since birth. When I was younger it was barely noticeable, but when I turned 17 or so it gradually got worse like poppe. I have heard also that it gets better as you get into your 30's, but who knows if that's true, I doubt it.

Anyways, here are some pictures of me right now, one day after vbeam. The first two photos are me before treatment, the last two are where I'm at now. Besides the second one, they were all taken in very good lighting so it doesn't look too bad, but I am more red than I was before the treatment. Of course this is expected since it's only been one day.

Attachment 3982Attachment 3983Attachment 3984Attachment 3985Attachment 3986
    The treatment you got must have been very gentle .

You've got no swelling or laser marks bar that one bruise where you don't even have the KPRF .

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    The treatment you got must have been very gentle .

You've got no swelling or laser marks bar that one bruise where you don't even have the KPRF .
    it felt very gentle. too gentle im assuming. but at 4j and 5j i bruised...so i guess this was the next step down. i remember dman saying in another thread that the old vbeam he had might of been around the same power, so there is some hope. also, there is some swelling but nothing crazy and you cant tell from the pics. and yea I wasn't too happy with the doc when he did a spot on the side where there's nothing :/

it felt very gentle. too gentle im assuming. but at 4j and 5j i bruised...so i guess this was the next step down. i remember dman saying in another thread that the old vbeam he had might of been around the same power, so there is some hope. also, there is some swelling but nothing crazy and you cant tell from the pics. and yea I wasn't too happy with the doc when he did a spot on the side where there's nothing :/
    Yip . looks like he's taking you for a ride . How much he charge you for that treatment ?

Yip . looks like he's taking you for a ride . How much he charge you for that treatment ?
    $300 cad. if this doesnt do anything i think i'll be done with lasers and just live with it. so frustrating not being able to find good docs around here. cosmetic treatments here are part of private healthcare so it's tough to find actual dermatologists with lasers, this guy is just a gp.

we will see 4 weeks from now if this low treatment does anything. the .45ms is what gives me some optimism. i wish i had time to do a full out bruising .45ms treatment but i have no idea when i'd be able to with school. and after school i have to go straight into working for the summer. this condition really sucks.

$300 cad. if this doesnt do anything i think i'll be done with lasers and just live with it. so frustrating not being able to find good docs around here. cosmetic treatments here are part of private healthcare so it's tough to find actual dermatologists with lasers, this guy is just a gp.

we will see 4 weeks from now if this low treatment does anything. the .45ms is what gives me some optimism. i wish i had time to do a full out bruising .45ms treatment but i have no idea when i'd be able to with school. and after school i have to go straight into working for the summer. this condition really sucks.
    I can tell you now it didn't do anything .

Before you ever think about laser again for your KPRF you need to look at the thread

Success with pulsed dye laser by Dogvan

Its the most important thread on this forum for people with KPRF thinking about getting laser done .

I can tell you now it didn't do anything .

Before you ever think about laser again for your KPRF you need to look at the thread

Success with pulsed dye laser by Dogvan

Its the most important thread on this forum for people with KPRF thinking about getting laser done .
    I have seen that thread. He had bruising treatments, something which I don't have the time to do unfortunately. The reason I went with such a low setting was because a user named dman. He said that he had success with the original vbeam, which was locked at 0.45ms, with non-bruising treatments. I basically tried to replicate the original vbeam non-bruising settings. I know I would have success at 0.45ms with bruising (between 4-8 joules) due to a study which shows proof of that, which can be found here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20569297. If you are a university student you can use your library to access the full article, but the pictures are quite durastic. Patients did 0.45ms with 7 joules around and had great success against kprf with great bruising. They also had more severe cases, so my thought was to replicate the study to a less-severe degree. Unfortunately at 4 and 5 joules I bruised, so 3 joules was what I could handle. Although I'm not extremely swollen or anything, this is similar to my last two gentle vbeams, and I still saw minor improvements, even at a different pulse duration.

I agree with you that the likelyhood of this treatment having any success is unlikely, as are every other treatment for kprf. However, I have done my research and think I could still have results. From what I've seen, the key to beating kprf with vbeam is a low pulse duration. It may not necessarily be a high joule setting. This is because a lower pulse duration targets smaller vessels, such as people with kp. A higher pulse duration is better against things like spider veins. Like I said only time will tell.

1. Awfully high price.
    2. Terrible low settings. It seems to me that the KPRF are 8-10 joules or more only works?

vBeam without dots, does not work. They must be a dot on the face. So at least I think so?

I want to get a tattoo. The whole hand ("sleeve"). I wonder how behave KP, which will flood the paint and hide. Many people have their tattoos hiding various defects. Even worse than KP.

I have seen that thread. He had bruising treatments, something which I don't have the time to do unfortunately. The reason I went with such a low setting was because a user named dman. He said that he had success with the original vbeam, which was locked at 0.45ms, with non-bruising treatments. I basically tried to replicate the original vbeam non-bruising settings. I know I would have success at 0.45ms with bruising (between 4-8 joules) due to a study which shows proof of that, which can be found here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20569297. If you are a university student you can use your library to access the full article, but the pictures are quite durastic. Patients did 0.45ms with 7 joules around and had great success against kprf with great bruising. They also had more severe cases, so my thought was to replicate the study to a less-severe degree. Unfortunately at 4 and 5 joules I bruised, so 3 joules was what I could handle. Although I'm not extremely swollen or anything, this is similar to my last two gentle vbeams, and I still saw minor improvements, even at a different pulse duration.

I agree with you that the likelyhood of this treatment having any success is unlikely, as are every other treatment for kprf. However, I have done my research and think I could still have results. From what I've seen, the key to beating kprf with vbeam is a low pulse duration. It may not necessarily be a high joule setting. This is because a lower pulse duration targets smaller vessels, such as people with kp. A higher pulse duration is better against things like spider veins. Like I said only time will tell.
    1... Because he said so . Words are not proof . He never backed it up with any photos .

2. That's why I asked you to follow that other thread . What the study shows is one thing ,
    But not one person since 2006 on the biggest Rosacea forum on the web has backed up what that study says , not one

Basically you can bruise all you want but it still wont be enough to blanch all the red area .I know what I am talking about because Ive been there and done it

It just doesn't work out like that and until someone on this forum puts up photos to prove it ,In my book that study proves nothing
    Last edited by davekelly; 27th February 2016 at 12:18 PM.

@davekelly,
    In your profile you are placed your photo? Your problem is zero. In comparison to my KPRF. What you have a problem with the complexion ??? !!

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    @davekelly,
    In your profile you are placed your photo? Your problem is zero. In comparison to my KPRF. What you have a problem with the complexion ??? !!
    I have baseline redness poppe . that's not a clear enough picture

This is what avoiding your triggers does for you . It makes you less red looking because you flush less . simple maths