Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: V-Beam on Thursday for KPRF

So I had the treatment about an hour ago. Here's what went down:

I asked the doc to turn the pulse duration down to 0.45ms, which he did. It was at 10ms, 4 Joules initially!! No wonder I had such minimal results.

It automatically went to 5J when he turned the duration down. I asked if we could lower the joules and he said he couldnt (which I didn't believe but held my tongue), seemed like he was in a rush. He did a test spot on the side of my face, and no surprise, I bruised. Then, he had an epiphany apparently, and he could lower it down! Go figure, so he lowered it to 4J and did a spot on my forehead, again, creating a small bruise. He then lowered it to 3J and I didn't bruise, so I did the whole treatment at that setting. I am not that red currently and not much swelling has happened.

I wish I had a better doctor to go to, but he's the only one with a vbeam that's not too far. He seemed uncaring, and in a rush to get me out of there, which is something I know some of you can relate to. I now have to deal with a couple bruises, but what can you do except live with it for a couple weeks.

I will update with pics when I can. Who knows if 3 joules at 0.45ms will do anything, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    At least you put up some photos unlike others . Fair play to you .

Keep posting them up again after your treatments .

Best of luck

By the way what did the doctor doing the treatment promise you ? ( Best Case Scenario )
    doctor promised nothing...he said vbeam should take it down a couple shades. but made no promises.

It is normal that the doctor does not promise anything. The issue of the treatment is individual. Someone help and does not help.
    Do you have photos of your face looks like now?

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie71 View Post
    Here are my pictures as of today. As you can see there is some redness on my nose, but it's mostly on my cheeks. One cheek is a bit more red than the other. Sorry for the bed head :P

Attachment 3974Attachment 3975Attachment 3976
    Your cheeks look exactly like mine. I wish you all the best with your Vbeam, I'm going through the same process although I'm hoping to just go for the bruising treatments.

It's interesting how the content online about KPRF tends to say that the condition gets better in adulthood, but I've yet to see any evidence of this.

Just on your KPRF, have you had it since birth or has it increased over the years?

In most cases - KPRF starts since the "puberty" when hormones go haywire, and you get "virgin" facial hair (sideburns, beard, stubble on his cheeks).
    In my case it was so, at least. I've had it since childhood. At the age of 10-12 years old I remember that I had a mild form of the KPRF. At the age of 14-15 years began to storm ... thats continues today. I am 26 years. But even 10 or 15 years ago. I've been on a lot of outdoors. The sun, I was still tanned and I had no such problems as it is now. And now a I not sunbathe. Tan helps ...

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    In most cases - KPRF starts since the "puberty" when hormones go haywire, and you get "virgin" facial hair (sideburns, beard, stubble on his cheeks).
    In my case it was so, at least. I've had it since childhood. At the age of 10-12 years old I remember that I had a mild form of the KPRF. At the age of 14-15 years began to storm ... thats continues today. I am 26 years. But even 10 or 15 years ago. I've been on a lot of outdoors. The sun, I was still tanned and I had no such problems as it is now. And now a I not sunbathe. Tan helps ...
    Hi Poppe

Does the sun make your face red or not ?

I see a lot of KPRF people on here saying the sun helps them .

In my case the I need to avoid the sun like the plague .

Quote Originally Posted by Oschene23 View Post
    Your cheeks look exactly like mine. I wish you all the best with your Vbeam, I'm going through the same process although I'm hoping to just go for the bruising treatments.

It's interesting how the content online about KPRF tends to say that the condition gets better in adulthood, but I've yet to see any evidence of this.
    Just on your KPRF, have you had it since birth or has it increased over the years?
    That's a load of bull**** all right .Because theres no evidence what's so ever

@davekelly,
    I do not remember that. Just when I was younger I did not interest me KPRF. I was still tanned, I had a pretty complexion, smooth. No major problems.
    When even sunbatheing, it always cools in water - do not overheat the body. I had no major problems with the KP on the body. Eyebrows were clean even of that sh*t. Maybe this sun and tanning is our salvation. No lasers ... People are afraid to sunbathe because mafia pharmacological haunted us. Maybe with time, the skin becomes accustomed to the sun and is fixing itself. And does not react redness on sunlight.

.... my drama started at school (Gymnasium), when I was 15 years old. I closed in on itself, stopped to sunbathe, met with less people. Less spending time outdoors. I fell in social phobia. This continues today, and it is hard for me. I'm trying to fight it and experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Oschene23 View Post

I have had it since birth. When I was younger it was barely noticeable, but when I turned 17 or so it gradually got worse like poppe. I have heard also that it gets better as you get into your 30's, but who knows if that's true, I doubt it.

Anyways, here are some pictures of me right now, one day after vbeam. The first two photos are me before treatment, the last two are where I'm at now. Besides the second one, they were all taken in very good lighting so it doesn't look too bad, but I am more red than I was before the treatment. Of course this is expected since it's only been one day.

before 1.jpgbefore 2.jpgafter 1.jpgafter 2.jpgAttachment 3986