Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: V-Beam on Thursday for KPRF

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie71 View Post
    even still, no one on this forum with kprf has showed any significant results even with low pulse, bruising, and multiple treatments. davekelly is right, lasers for kprf are simply ineffective. for rosacea or faint surface redness, lasers are much more effective. it's not worth the money to me at least. and now with having lasers done i have these hot flushing periods which i never had before, so they probably did more negative than positive.

doctors are lining their pockets from people like us
    You could also flip that argument around, and say there is hardly anyone if anyone on this forum who has completed a course of 3 to 6 , 0.45ms bruising V-beams for KPRF.

Why would lasers work better for rosacea than KPRF, surely it targets the vessels in the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Oschene23 View Post
    You could also flip that argument around, and say there is hardly anyone if anyone on this forum who has completed a course of 3 to 6 , 0.45ms bruising V-beams for KPRF.
    Why would lasers work better for rosacea than KPRF, surely it targets the vessels in the same way?
    I have told you this before Oschene .

I done four 0.45ms bruising treatments with the old pulse dye laser 13 years ago . Yes it Blanched some areas but other parts it didn't blanch

So it left me with 2 patchy looking jawlines (Polka dot effect) and It done nothing for my upper cheek area ( No blanching whats so ever )

So in my opinion it just doesn't work

I too have been disappointed with the VBeam so far, but I can't give up on it until I try some bruising 0.45ms treatments. I know it might very well end up being a waste of money, but at least it gives me some sort of hope that I can improve this damned condition.

I was just reading through a published medical journal that detailed ten cases of severe keratosis pilaris Rubra Faceii being noticeably improved (>75%) after 4-7 treatments of 0.45ms duration, 10mm spot size, 5 to 9J/cm fluence purpuric vbeams. Three patients reportedly even saw complete clearance of facial erythema! I know that sounds too optimistic, and the doctors could very likely be exaggerating results, but at least seeing studies like that help me sustain hope and not give up...

Quote Originally Posted by SRT150 View Post
    I too have been disappointed with the VBeam so far, but I can't give up on it until I try some bruising 0.45ms treatments. I know it might very well end up being a waste of money, but at least it gives me some sort of hope that I can improve this damned condition.

I was just reading through a published medical journal that detailed ten cases of severe keratosis pilaris Rubra Faceii being noticeably improved (>75%) after 4-7 treatments of 0.45ms duration, 10mm spot size, 5 to 9J/cm fluence purpuric vbeams. Three patients reportedly even saw complete clearance of facial erythema! I know that sounds too optimistic, and the doctors could very likely be exaggerating results, but at least seeing studies like that help me sustain hope and not give up...
    I know exactly the study you're talking about, and you're right, the results look amazing tbh. i wish i had time to do a full bruising treatment just to see what happens, but even so chances of anything happening seem pretty slim. Maybe if others show results next couple years I might give it another shot, but for now I'm searching into alternative remedies.

I've read that study too, and yes the results reported are amazing. I'm trying those exact settings for my first treatment (after my patch test) next week.

I agree, it's unfortunately a desperate situation many people with this condition are left in with few effective alternatives, and hardly any in the pipeline.

It does frustrate me that in the 21st century, we can do full face transplants, but yet we can't get get rid of redness.

It does frustrate me that in the 21st century, we can do full face transplants, but yet we can't get get rid of redness.
    Because it's a business. Mafia Pharmaceutical does not pay to treat. It is better to spend money on creams for the skin capillaries.

I've read that study too, and yes the results reported are amazing. I'm trying those exact settings for my first treatment (after my patch test) next week.

I agree, it's unfortunately a desperate situation many people with this condition are left in with few effective alternatives, and hardly any in the pipeline.

Yeah that's a good idea, I've screenshotted a picture on my phone so I can directly show it to the doctor next time. I'm taking the summer off from vbeam though, I'll start back up in October.

There's a doctor on RealSelf that claims KPRF is an "easy fix" using vbeam with short pulse durations, as long as your prepared for downtime. My last treatment I had the doctor do a "step below bruising" which still left me with about 3-4 purple bruises on the top of my cheek (idk why the rest of my cheek didn't bruise). I expected those marks to be there for weeks, but to my surprise they almost fully healed within 5 days.

Yeah that's a good idea, I've screenshotted a picture on my phone so I can directly show it to the doctor next time. I'm taking the summer off from vbeam though, I'll start back up in October.

There's a doctor on RealSelf that claims KPRF is an "easy fix" using vbeam with short pulse durations, as long as your prepared for downtime. My last treatment I had the doctor do a "step below bruising" which still left me with about 3-4 purple bruises on the top of my cheek (idk why the rest of my cheek didn't bruise). I expected those marks to be there for weeks, but to my surprise they almost fully healed within 5 days.
    Just for conparison, my patch test was on the 0.45 , 7 Joules and 10mm and healed within 10 days.

@pumpkinpie71,
    Some time has passed. Skin healed?

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    @pumpkinpie71,
    Some time has passed. Skin healed?
    I would say so. It has been looking decent as of late. Better than before I think, could be caused by warmer temperatures + sun...or vbeam...who knows.

i don't think ashwaghanda did anything so i went off.