Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: V-Beam on Thursday for KPRF

Default V-Beam on Thursday for KPRF

Hello,

I have been a lurker here for a long time, but I thought I should post my experience here thus far. I have KPRF on my cheeks, the sides of my face and my nose, and it has gotten worse over the last year as I'm moving into adult hood (currently 19).

I have tried dermatologist prescribed creams, amlactin, green tea extract, oil cleansing, the works. Nothing has worked to get rid of this stubborn redness.

I had two vbeams last July and August. They did help a little bit on my nose, but not on my cheeks. I hadn't done more research at that time so I don't know what settings I had, or even that a different setting could make a difference. I've also had one IPL/Excel V combo treatment which, if anything, made it worse.

I am now doing another vbeam on thursday, except this time I'm aware that a shorter pulse duration will be more effective. I will be asking for a 0.45ms pulse duration, with a 10mm spot size, and the power will be around 4-5 joules. I have to go to school the next day so I am planning not to bruise. In April when I'm done school I will most likely do a pupuric treatment if this one shows little results. I will be posting my before and after pictures when I am able to.

Here are my pictures as of today. As you can see there is some redness on my nose, but it's mostly on my cheeks. One cheek is a bit more red than the other. Sorry for the bed head :P

before vbeam1.jpgbefore vbeam2.jpgbefore vbeam3.jpg

Short pulse trace which leaves quite a long time to heal. So at school you will look like a ladybug and swollen I advise you to have a few days off.

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    Short pulse trace which leaves quite a long time to heal. So at school you will look like a ladybug and swollen I advise you to have a few days off.
    thank you for the heads up! I guess I will be skipping class friday. have you tried this setting?

Traces heal up to 8 weeks (sometimes longer). Poorly in school you will look like. But worth.

Don't start with 4-5 joules as you may bruise from it.

Start with lower energy like 2.5 then gradually increase it and ask your doctor not to bruise you. However, even without bruising you may need a couple of days to heal as you might swell or have red marks where the laser hit. I have no idea what are the side effects of 0.45 ms without bruising so be cautious if you have school. If you are a university student your collegues will likely be less judgemental so don't worry about side effects much ;).

Please update with your results if you decided to do the laser.

And how do you feel ?

Very interested in your results.

Btw since in this thread there are probably more kprf sufferers as myself, have you guys found anything that reduces the redness?

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for of the advice Moammar. I will be starting around 2-3 joules hopefully and working up to a power just before bruising. I have the treatment in three hours. I feel good about it so far Poppe, I have a good feeling about these settings. Scotta, I have found green tea extract has been helpful the past few days, no joke. I started doubling the dose, now taking 400mg at night just before sleeping and it has reduced redness by a decent amount. Hopefully with this laser I can get to an even better baseline. If anyone has KP on their arms I have found amlactin, or 15% lactic acid cream to help a lot, but it takes some time. It doesn't work on kprf very well, expect maybe helping the bumps.

My KP isn't too bad but it bugs me quite a bit. In certain lightings I can barely tell I have it, but in others my face looks beet red. I had some results, but nothing dramatic with the vbeam and excel v using a high pulse duration (I assume), so I'm expecting even better results with a lower pulse duration. the ipl is what screwed it for a while I think, but it has been looking better lately.
    Last edited by pumpkinpie71; 25th February 2016 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie71 View Post
    Here are my pictures as of today. As you can see there is some redness on my nose, but it's mostly on my cheeks. One cheek is a bit more red than the other. Sorry for the bed head :P

before vbeam1.jpgbefore vbeam2.jpgbefore vbeam3.jpg
    At least you put up some photos unlike others . Fair play to you .

Keep posting them up again after your treatments .

Best of luck

By the way what did the doctor doing the treatment promise you ? ( Best Case Scenario )
    Last edited by davekelly; 25th February 2016 at 11:41 PM.