Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for laser advice. Can anyone give me advice ?

Default Looking for laser advice. Can anyone give me advice ?

Hi guys. I'm a 19 year old male from Ireland. I'm looking to try some laser treatment for my subtype 1 rosacea. I have visible blood vessels on my nose and a few on my cheeks. The ones on my cheeks are not that noticeable but the ones on my nose are certainly noticable.

My question is, does removing the thread veins help with the permanent redness ? That could be a stupid question, but I'm new to lasers.

Would I have to get seperate treatment ? Like first remove the thread veins and then a different treatment for the redness ?

Lastly, what laser treatment did you guys find most successful ? I hear a lot of good things about Vbeam ?

All opinions welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ggk2311@yahoo.com View Post
    Hi guys. I'm a 19 year old male from Ireland. I'm looking to try some laser treatment for my subtype 1 rosacea. I have visible blood vessels on my nose and a few on my cheeks. The ones on my cheeks are not that noticeable but the ones on my nose are certainly noticable.

My question is, does removing the thread veins help with the permanent redness ? That could be a stupid question, but I'm new to lasers.

Would I have to get seperate treatment ? Like first remove the thread veins and then a different treatment for the redness ?

Lastly, what laser treatment did you guys find most successful ? I hear a lot of good things about Vbeam ?
    All opinions welcome
    Are you for real ? . You must be taking the piss

A message to all these new kids on the block .

Stop starting threads on topics that have been discussed about 100 times already here on this forum

Use the search function and you will get all the answers you need
    Last edited by davekelly; 22nd February 2016 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Are you for real ? . You must be taking the piss

A message to all these new kids on the block .

Stop starting threads on topics that have been discussed about 100 times already here on this forum

Use the search function and you will get all the answers you need
    Do you just come on hear to make people feel like **** or ? I've seen so many posts with people giving out about you and your negativity, your so ignorant

I was only looking for some advice, and as you can see I posted this under "laser treatment" so that people in these forum could see and maybe help me out

Ok so I'll try make this as short as possible.

IPL is useless don't waste your time and money...a true laser like pulsed dye laser "vbeam" or ktp is your best bet.

Best case scenario you get hit with a 0.45ms - 1.5ms pulse duration with a pulsed dye laser, you bruise and when you heal the vessels are gone and your permanent redness isn't as severe.

Worst case scenario, you could be unlucky and develop fat loss after the treatment... This looks like little pot holes/dents in your face from the laser melting the fat... Cost a couple of grand with fat transfer to correct the damage, Dave can tell you more about this as he is a laser victim after just one candela vbeam treatment!...and he's not the only one on this site unfortunately.

I myself have had 13 pulsed dye laser treatments, no fat loss but I didn't have results until I used a 0.45ms - 1.5ms pulse duration with bruising.

There is a laser clinic in Dublin city with a pulsed dye laser *don't let them touch you with a laser*... The laser nurse left me blistered after using excessive energy with a short pulse. Feel free to mail me and ask the name of clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Ok so I'll try make this as short as possible.

IPL is useless don't waste your time and money...a true laser like pulsed dye laser "vbeam" or ktp is your best bet.

Best case scenario you get hit with a 0.45ms - 1.5ms pulse duration with a pulsed dye laser, you bruise and when you heal the vessels are gone and your permanent redness isn't as severe.

Worst case scenario, you could be unlucky and develop fat loss after the treatment... This looks like little pot holes/dents in your face from the laser melting the fat... Cost a couple of grand with fat transfer to correct the damage, Dave can tell you more about this as he is a laser victim after just one candela vbeam treatment!...and he's not the only one on this site unfortunately.

I myself have had 13 pulsed dye laser treatments, no fat loss but I didn't have results until I used a 0.45ms - 1.5ms pulse duration with bruising.

There is a laser clinic in Dublin city with a pulsed dye laser *don't let them touch you with a laser*... The laser nurse left me blistered after using excessive energy with a short pulse. Feel free to mail me and ask the name of clinic.

Thanks very much !! I was about to ask do you know any clinics in Ireland, I'm from laois so its no hassle getting to Dublin at all, I'll mail you

All opinions welcome
    If you have visible blood vessels IPL would be not too good. Go to real laser.
    IPL is fine for general redness and it works nicely, but for redness with visible blood vessels is is better to use strong true laser.
    vBeam is good start, in hands of professional.

Hi GGK. Although sometimes people do need to be reminded, this is a support group. There are other boards for (see IPL and Laser damage) that may be a better venue for (prolonged) venting. That being said you should start your research by using the search engine. There have been many posts about each laser (some opinions change over time) containing lots of information. It will go a long way to help you make an informed decision about your choice of laser as well as who should perform the procedure. As with most types of surgical procedures there is always some chance of adverse side effects. Research can help you know what they are and often reduce the odds there too.
    Arlene

Quote Originally Posted by arb161 View Post
    Hi GGK. Although sometimes people do need to be reminded, this is a support group. There are other boards for (see IPL and Laser damage) that may be a better venue for (prolonged) venting. That being said you should start your research by using the search engine. There have been many posts about each laser (some opinions change over time) containing lots of information. It will go a long way to help you make an informed decision about your choice of laser as well as who should perform the procedure. As with most types of surgical procedures there is always some chance of adverse side effects. Research can help you know what they are and often reduce the odds there too.
    Arlene
    Well said Arb .

I feel we are just going round in circles here talking about the same thing over and over again .

This forum has been here since 2006 . All the answers you will ever need especially on lasers (Old school treatment , theres nothing new about it )

are in the search function

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Well said Arb .

I feel we are just going round in circles here talking about the same thing over and over again .

This forum has been here since 2006 . All the answers you will ever need especially on lasers (Old school treatment , theres nothing new about it )

are in the search function
    Well I'm fairly new to the forum so I didn't really know where to start.

Dave could of politely directed me in the right direction as the lovely person above did

But instead you chose to be ignorant

Thank you arb. Ive been doing some research and I must say, there's not a lot of highly taught of laser surgents in ireland. Its annoying, we seem to be miles behind the UK and USA 👎

Well I'm fairly new to the forum so I didn't really know where to start.

Dave could of politely directed me in the right direction as the lovely person above did

But instead you chose to be ignorant

Thank you arb. Ive been doing some research and I must say, there's not a lot of highly taught of laser surgents in ireland. Its annoying, we seem to be miles behind the UK and USA ��
    There you go . best forget about it . Not worth the risk