Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivermectin 1.87% Horse Paste

Default Ivermectin 1.87% Horse Paste

For anyone curious about adding ivermectin to their moisturizer:

I've added Bimectin 1.87% ivermectin horse paste (apple flavour) to my nightly moisturizer at a 1:9 ratio. I purchased it off of amazon.ca for $10. At 10% concentration my moisturizer would have roughly 0.187% ivermectin. I decided on an approx. concentration of 0.1% ivermectin after reading a galderma patent that stated 0.1%, 0.3% and 1% were all effective for papulopustular rosacea.

It is a thick, translucent, slightly yellow gel and my moisturizer now smells like apple lol. For anyone wanting to try this, I would probably go for the non flavored kind.

I've never been diagnosed with rosacea, but I do have seb derm on my face and always had itchy, crawly, wetness sensations on my chin. I also deal with pustules (folliculitis like) around my chin and lip.

After 14 nightly applications the itchyness and sensation of wetness has definitely reduced. I have seen no die off yet, and the occurrence of pustules has been minimal ever since I started. I've noticed a bit of the scaling around my eyebrows has reduced as well. These results are enough for me to continue application and I will update in another 2 weeks.

Cheers,

why not just use soolantra?

Quote Originally Posted by canucks View Post

After 14 nightly applications the itchyness and sensation of wetness has definitely reduced. I have seen no die off yet, and the occurrence of pustules has been minimal ever since I started. I've noticed a bit of the scaling around my eyebrows has reduced as well. These results are enough for me to continue application and I will update in another 2 weeks.

Cheers,
    Does your moisturizer also have climbazole in it?

Yes, please keep us posted!

Do you know that soolantra ( rosiver )<----- ivermectin is available in Canada and not hard to get from most dermatologists?

Quote Originally Posted by Home_Stretch View Post
    Do you know that soolantra ( rosiver )<----- ivermectin is available in Canada and not hard to get from most dermatologists?
    Yep I know what Soolantra / Rosiver is. My GP will not prescribe Soolantra to me, nor has he or any other doctor diagnosed me with rosacea.

I do have a derm appointment in August and maybe I'll try to get some then if needed. It takes forever to get in to see a dermatologist in Vancouver!

Adding the paste is probably much cheaper than Soolantra anyways, even with my health plan.

I'm using the apple scented paste and its working wonders for me. I can't recommend it enough. Your face will look worse for about a week with some a few pustules that don't dry out very quickly. The from there once they dry noting has come back so far. I just have about 5 red marks that are healing and I need to find something to make these heal faster.

5 week update:

At day 18 to 20 I had a bad pustule flare up around my mouth, mainly on my chin. After that it's been smooth sailing ever since. The last two weeks have been great and it's probably been the best my skin has looked. I still feel the sensation of "wetness" intermittently, mainly when I'm driving home at the end of the day from work, but it's not as bad as before.

I've noticed in the past week my eyes have started to become dry for some reason. I live in Vancouver, so I can rule out low humidity lol. I've also noticed the skin on my chin (worst seb derm area for me) is improving and looks better every day. Eyebrow area is near back to pre-seb derm days.

I will continue and see if there's another flare up around the 6 week mark.

Cheers,

Hi canucks, you mentioned dry eyes -- most likely that from a demodex die-off in the meibomian glands.

It's likely that debris from dead and decaying demodex is physically blocking the meibomian glands.

Meibomian glands are supposed to work by releasing a tiny amount of oil with each blink of the eye.

The meibomian glands are arrayed vertically along the inside of the upper and lower eyelids -- they make oil that floats on top of the watery portion of ocular fluids, to prevent the watery component from drying out too quickly. That's why using "eye drops" (or living in Vancouver -- hahah) doesn't help red eyes caused by meibomian gland deficiencies, because that's just adding more water, when you have a lack of oil, rather than a lack of water.

You may want to gently express the meibomian glands. Don't over-do this, by pressing too hard or by doing it every day. Here's some more information: http://dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/mgcare.html

For an amateur who has no medical training, like me, the simplest and best way is to gently roll your pointer finger up to the edge of the lower eyelid, while looking in the mirror. Start with your finger about 3/8th to 1/2 inch below the lower lid margin. If nothing comes out of the meibomian glands, try again, two days later. It's much easier to do the lower lids, and see the outlets of the meibomian glands, because the lower lid curls out when you're pressing below it, and the purpose is to use the lower lids as a proxy for the upper lids.

You'll definitely need to review some anatomy photos so you know what you looking for.

At about day 45 of treatment, you should see some fairly thick looking blobs of congealed oil come out of many of the meibomian glands, in tiny little dots, just inside the margins of the eyelashes. The consistency will be something like toothpaste, and a pale yellow color. On the first day when the lower lid-glands are visibly unblocking, it's time to gently express the upper lids, again, with a rolling finger. Do the centers first, and then one side, and then the other.

Don't use a wet compress to warm the lids, because the water will obscure the purpose of the test, to see when expression is in fact unclogging the meibomian glands.

At about day 55 of treatment, the glands will be nearly completely unblocked, and after that time, don't express them anymore because the amount of oil is so tiny, that you can exhaust the contents of the glands just by expressing them, once they are unblocked.

Default Tom Bushby

i have read your posts with great interest and have a question regarding ocular demodex. I have moderate to severe ocular rosacea, with almost no facial symptoms. I haven't responded really to any treatment except steroids for the past 5 years. I've tried everything (name it, I've done it) but no real demodex treatments until a few weeks ago. It seems as though I am improving BUT I don't have visible "cylindrical dandruff" Could I still have demodex? My optho said its possible but doesn't think so because I'm not old enough. I'm 27...

Thanks for any answer you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by canucks View Post
    5 week update:
    The last two weeks have been great and it's probably been the best my skin has looked. I still feel the sensation of "wetness" intermittently, mainly when I'm driving home at the end of the day from work, but it's not as bad as before.

Cheers,
    But do you attribute this to the climbazole in your moisturizer or the Ivermectin? Or do you think it's a result of tandem treatment?