Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea, malassezia or demodex and how to treat?

Default Rosacea, malassezia or demodex and how to treat?

Hi everyone,

I'm a 27 year old British Indian man with some dodgy eyebrows and I've been suffering from what can only be described as eyebrow greasy gunky flakes for a couple years now.

I find myself tweezing the individual flakes out but this always ends up with piercing the skin and/or pulling the hair follicle out, where I can see at the base there is some sort of residual white/yellowish stuff. If I leave them alone for longer than 2-3 days, the flakes get bigger and bigger.

At first I thought it was dandruff so I switched shampoos to no avail.

Then I thought it was is dry skin so I started moisturising the eyebrows with various products but this just masked the flakes/gunk and in some cases made it worse.

I've narrowed it down to rosacea, malassezia or demedex but I'm unsure how to treat it. I've just ordered a 30ml bottle of pure tea tree oil from amazon and I was planning on adding a few drops to my body shop vitamin E moisturiser and using this is a carrier.

Does this sound wise?

In amidst this eyebrow nightmare I've also been suffering with spots/acne mostly concentrated around the nostrils/nose crease but also also larger pimples on the forehead that I end up bursting, as well as odd dandruff like symptoms on the front of my hairline above the forehead but no where else?!

Strangely nothing hurts or itches, and I would say it's nearly all cosmetic/superficial but most depressing since every time I look in the mirror I see flakes and pimples!

Any help is appreciated.

To me, the description of flakes and acne/spots indicates malassezia induced seborrheic dermatitis and/or malassezia folliculitis. Have you tried Hegor 150? It's sort of the 'gold standard' starting point around here for malassezia (you have to order it off Ebay). Although some forum members like E45 better, which you can get off Amazon.

Hi

No I haven't tried hegor 150 I'll look into it.

I forgot to mention that when wet for example after showering or washing my face before bed, I see yellowish gunk under my eyebrows particularly which I believe is a common symptom for some on this forum.

When trying to remove the gunk with tweezers I usually end up pulling out more hairs and doing more bad than good

What I find strange about this whole thing is that there is no pain/stinging/redness.

Just grease gunk paste under the brows and at the follicle.

I get spots/zits yeah but doesn't everyone? I put this down mostly to using a beard trimmer and not shaving properly.

Quote Originally Posted by tom6195 View Post
    [...]I forgot to mention that when wet for example after showering or washing my face before bed, I see yellowish gunk under my eyebrows particularly which I believe is a common symptom for some on this forum. [...]
    Not sure what you mean with "yellowish gunk". Does it look like: http://oozingyellowcrusts.com/t/what...like-photos/20 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tso View Post
    Not sure what you mean with "yellowish gunk". Does it look like: http://oozingyellowcrusts.com/t/what...like-photos/20 ?
    Which set of pics am I looking at mate?

Any more thoughts on this?

I literally just went to pluck some flakes from from my right eyebrow and 3 hairs fell out

Any more views?

I have the same sort of flakes showing on the front of my hairline at the scalp

Guys please any help?

I've been treating my brows with tea tree oil for the past 2 weeks but this doesn't look to be having any effect.