Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vbeam for severe flushing/burning?

glad to hear that you've seen improvement! how many vbeam sessions have you had with bernstein so far?

Quote Originally Posted by AEB View Post
    Sorry it's taken so long to reply. i've seen bradley bloom (ND:Yag and Botox) in nyc and eric bernstein (Vbeam) near philly. both were very good and I've had some improvement, though i will contine since not as much as id like. hope this helps!

Default Scheduled in 9 days

I have the same issues as you and I'm getting it done next week. I'm so nervous that something might go wrong but after 3 years of this, there isn't really anything else to try.

I have the same exact thing you describe. The V beam was beneficial for me. It doesn't cure it but I have found relief for flushing, burning, and redness with only 1 aggressive treatment of V beam. I would recommend it! I am about to get another one in a month or so. Its worth a try!

Default Flushing/Redness

Hi all,

I am 26 years old and I have recently developed mild to moderate flushing and, consequently, more redness. RLT has been helping, but last night I had a flush that lasted 5 hours, and...well, RLT just isn't enough. By the way, this was all brought on by a one time use of Mirvaso last November. That **** is the devil's work, I swear.

Anyway, I've decided to go ahead with a laser treatment and see if I benefit. Wish me luck...I'm nervous as hell and kind of feel like puking whenever I think about it.

Best of luck out there to everyone else who is getting this done. I'll be sure to post about my results when it's all over.

Best,
    Katie

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Hi all,

I am 26 years old and I have recently developed mild to moderate flushing and, consequently, more redness. RLT has been helping, but last night I had a flush that lasted 5 hours, and...well, RLT just isn't enough. By the way, this was all brought on by a one time use of Mirvaso last November. That **** is the devil's work, I swear.

Anyway, I've decided to go ahead with a laser treatment and see if I benefit. Wish me luck...I'm nervous as hell and kind of feel like puking whenever I think about it.

Best of luck out there to everyone else who is getting this done. I'll be sure to post about my results when it's all over.

Best,
    Katie

Hi Katie,

I really hope that Vbeam helps! I can certainly understand why you feel nervous...everything seems to be a crap shoot with this condition. Sending positive thoughts your way! <3

Default Questions about Dr. Bernstein

Hi AEB, I hope you have finally found a good dermatologist in Utah. I have a question in regards to Dr. Eric Bernstein? I have type 1 rosacea with persistent redness, broken capillaries and severe flushing. I had 1 IPL treatment locally that I feel just made things worse. I am afraid to do any additional treatments with that practitioner. I have scoured the internet in regards to laser treatments and came across Dr. Bernstein. I have an appointment with Dr. Bernstein next month and was wondering if it would be worth my while to travel out of state. What were your thoughts of him? Did his treatment provide any results?

Best regards,

Dolly

Dolly,
    Dr Bernstein is one of the most respected laser docs in the US. I wish i lived closer to Pennsylvania. When you go to a clinic and a doc or nurse gives you a vbeam brochure, one of the before and after photos is of dr. Bernstein's work. If its within your means to do so, I would pursue treatment with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomtown405 View Post
    Dolly,
    Dr Bernstein is one of the most respected laser docs in the US. I wish i lived closer to Pennsylvania. When you go to a clinic and a doc or nurse gives you a vbeam brochure, one of the before and after photos is of dr. Bernstein's work. If its within your means to do so, I would pursue treatment with him.
    Thank you for the reply! That is so reassuring. I scheduled an appointment with him in September. I live a few states away but feel it is worth seeing him. I could have seen him as soon as mid July but I needed to wait until he had Fridays available. He doesn’t see patients on Fridays in the summer. September seems so far away I will update once I see him!

Dolly