Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhat strange question about pustules

Default Somewhat strange question about pustules

Hi everyone,

So I have no diagnosis - have been thinking it's acne but considering type-2 rosacea.

The weird part is that my small uniformly sized white pustules on my cheeks actually wipe off with a q-tip swipe. There is nothing to squeeze after that.. just fluid from the wound. Does that sound like rosacea pustule? They leave red scars - so my cheeks are covered in red scars but I don't flush.

It has been a year, age 32 now. I cannot find anything online about pustules so fragile. They are never-ending.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by Mary522; 2nd February 2016 at 10:37 PM.

Default Yes!

This sounds like small rosacea pustules. Sorry for your scarring.

What other symptoms are you having? Redness, plugged follicles or anything that might give more information?

A lot of rosacea is actually caused by demodex. Can you recall a source of infection from when your problems began? Such as a new pet or spending the night somewhere new? Anything.

You've come to the right place. This forum is extremely helpful. Has been for me.
    Last edited by Ellie's Mom; 3rd February 2016 at 04:51 AM.

Default Can You Help!?

Hi Ellie's Mom!

Thank you for responding.. is it incurable?!? I keep reading that it is incurable.

It was around Dec. of 2014 that it started small on left cheek... spread across entire left cheek and then months later the right cheek started.. small.. and is spreading up and down.
    I was in contact with some dogs back then I suppose... It is hard to remember.

The redness is basically only where a pustule has been and gone. Only a small amount of diffuse redness in front of the ear area but I think its just dry. Teen: Horrible acne solved by accutane. 20's: a few pimples/blackheads at all times but not life-altering. 30's: life altering red scars from these pustules. My pores are somewhat clogged but its hard to see through the red scars and wounds. I've tried oils, vitamin C creams, "doing nothing", salicylic acid, witch hazel, diet and exercise. It started right when I quit my job (for other reasons) and now I am unemployably hideous. All I do all day is try to fix my face.

So ... question time... I did read that demodex thrive in oily areas... so why would my very very dry cheeks be affected and not my oily forehead or chest? Is this common? I mean... I can't even get my cheeks to sweat in a sauna!

Also... what do I do!?
    Last edited by Mary522; 3rd February 2016 at 07:38 PM.

Default Take a deep breath...

Treatable, even curable. First of all, I feel your pain. I really, really do.

Read my post: After 13 years, Demodex back!

I am 99% sure your problem is demodex. Unilateral in the beginning and spread from there.

Guess what? I am unemployed at the moment, too, and I have major health problems. We are all in this together at this forum.

OK. You CAN catch Demodex from dogs. It has been documented among certain veterinarians. Doctors for the most part are not aware that human - or other - demodex is the culprit in our condition. If you were a dog, you would go to the vet and get treated.

Let me guess: the acne you had in your teens is nothing like what you are dealing with now?

Demodex is HUMAN MANGE.

The reason your cheeks are affected, is that you have more hair there that your forehead. The cheeks have more oil than your legs. The face is nice and warm, too. They love it.

Also, Demodex BLOCK the hair follicles so oil secretions cannot make it to the surface of your skin. So skin can FEEL dry.

There IS treatment.

I am treating myself like a vet would treat any species of animal. I got a bottle of Nu-Stock at my local feed supply store. $11.99. Contains 73% Sulfur, Pine Tar & Mineral oil.

There is a soap called FaceDoctor which contains Sea Buckthorn oil. It worked for me in the past, but I needed something cheaper. No job.

Sea Buckthorn oil is reputed to help

Tea Tree oil. Reported by many here and elsewhere to help at concentrations above 20%.

Sulfur is documented as helping at concentrations around 10% and higher. Some have reported using Nu-Stock at a ratio of 50/50 which would put the sulfur content at 36.5% for faster results...

The important thing is to treat it correctly. You need a miticide because they are mites.

Demodex are not immortal. They can be erradicated.
    Last edited by Ellie's Mom; 3rd February 2016 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo

Default You are a Godsend!

You are such a blessing! I cannot fully express how sweet and encouraging your message is to me.

I completely understand your explanations; they make perfect sense. In fact... my cheeks had never been dry until this happened! I'm wondering if got it the day I visited 7 puppies. Oh they were cute... and all over me.

I'm also sympathetic to the health concerns you mentioned; I will pray for you, certainly!

Is demodex very itchy? On a ten scale... I'd say I'm a 2 - all year. And yes, very different from teen acne, even my very mild adult acne from 21-31 behaved the same as teen acne. The behavior of these pustules are very different with how "exclusively surface level" they are.. and total uniform in size. Oh and I never scarred until now. Emotionally though... just like the teens!

I have some Tea Tree Oil at home! I've used it a for a few days at a time but never more than a drop or two. I will use immediately. Also this Nu-stock.. scary but ok I will do anything. So I mix it with zinc-oxide cream? I read your other thread and agree to start small and tritrate up. I'm nervous! I have been avoiding the dr./derm because I just don't want to make things worse, dryer, cracked etc. like the scripts did to the acne years ago. I was just about to give in and go to the derm when I found this business on P&P Rosacea.

Honesly.. I've searched for YEAR online about these pustules that just wipe right off... any more fragile and they'd be soap bubbles.

I am getting some of that soap too.. sure I'm unemployed but my life has stagnated.. can't start a new career like this, can't live like this, can't be happy. Vanity? Maybe.. but it hurts when everyone you see gives you SadI'mSoConcernedForYouGetItTogetherFace.

I really look forward to hearing more about you and your solution.. and hopefully soon, mine! Thank you SO Much!

Default :)

Nu-Stock can be drying at higher doses. Do you have time to read some posts here from others who have tried Nu-Stock? I understand the scary factor regarding Nu-Stock. I have a diluted layer on my face, neck and chest right now and I'm still scared...

Read some of the other posts. They're very helpful.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I will do the same for you.

Based on your symptom presentation, you've definitely got demodex.

I sure do get you on the desire to see a dermatologist. Truthfully, that's what we all need on this forum. We need medical intervention geared towards humans from a practitioner who understands the issue.

Get this: I did some research today. At the University teaching hospital in my state, there is a dermatologist on board who co-wrote a research paper in 2012. The topic was demodex folliculorum.

I called today today to schedule an appointment and the department requires $125 up front, not including labs, etc...

They are only 15 miles from me, but I don't have the money. My electric bill and car insurance are due...

So, yeah. Pet meds.

Crazy.

This is starting to get to me. No job and my break outs began 3 weeks ago. Perfectly clear before that. Spreading fast.

Wish the medical community could help.

Default Getting started...

Hello!

How are you feeling so far today? I had an idea for you - - clinical trials. I found 5 skin trials (acne, dermatitis etc) at just one Dr's research center near me. None for rosacea but I believe its out there! They pay YOU!

I don't have any new products yet but last night and today I'm going full-bore with the tea tree. I've read many posts on Tea Tree all over the net. I also had Neem Oil in my acne-basket but only had used it once due to the horrible sulfuric smell. I googled it based on the smell and found that people also use Neem for Demodex. I mixed it into a clay mask along with tea tree because, honestly, I couldn't stand the swampfart smell (excuse my description! ) long enough to just put it on and go about my business. I'm mixing tea tree and coconut oil as a finishing moisturizer. My hands and legs always loved coconut but it is touted as a no-no for acne-vulgaris so I had always avoided my face... I'm hoping that mixed with tea tree it won't cause issues.

I will try a Neem, Tea Tree & Castor Oil mix later this afternoon because I read castor oil goes straight into your pores and thus should carry the stink-oil and Tea Tree in there with it. All of these items I already have in the acne-basket but never gave a real chance.

I will let you know when I purchase further products such as nu stock and that other soap.

I went Gluten free 4 days ago because honestly I will try anything.. no processed foods/processed sugar either. No face change yet but the extra energy is real and not in the head! I'm literally jumping around the house and headed to the gym soon. My attitude is better about this now. You know what, Ellie's Mom.. I too have bulging discs in my lower back, RIGHT arm pain and knee pain!!

I changed all of my hair creams to Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner which I have no idea why I had in my stockpile (cheap and light on the chemicals from Trader Joes) - My favorite leave-in conditioner contained yeast.. I wonder if that contributes?

God Bless!

Default Great

You're on the right track it sounds.

I don't want to wait and try to get into any clinical trials.

I was re-infected 24 days ago and its spreading fast.

I have been using just the Nu-Stock diluted.
    I am broke.

I will be adding tea tree oil soon.

I am feeling pretty demoralized due to the infection and amount of spreading in just 24 days.

If I don't get a handle on this I don't know what I'll do...

I'm going to do some more reading about dog mange treatment now...
    Last edited by Ellie's Mom; 5th February 2016 at 02:16 AM. Reason: typo

Default Hang in there!

I'm so sorry that you feel demoralized. I know the feeling. We will get through this together. You beat this once, you can do it again!

When I need a few extra bucks I commit to eating bananas, rice and beans (like homemade refried beans from dry beans) for a while. They are delicious, nutritious and wow are they cheap! A cinch to make in a slow cooker too. You could save enough for more products in no time at all if the Nu-Stock doesn't do it. But I still believe it will. I also bake a batch of 55 muffins for just a few bucks... can't on gluten free though, but there is a big savings there.

What does your husband think about this? Would he get on board with saving a few bucks somehow... someway? My husband just says I'm beautiful and tries to get me to stop obsessing - mine spreads slowly and is only on my face. Thanks to him I am blessed with enough funds to experiment on my face. I know its hard, I'm praying for you.

Late last night I decided I'm actually going to try to fix this on Tea Tree and Neem and Coconut alone first, just so I don't have to buy anything else. I probably should do more... but I've spent so much on acne products that I feel a good deal of guilt. I still have products in shipment from before we met!! They are mostly vitamins and pretty typical supplements but the immune boost can't hurt. I think they arrive today.

Blessings!
    Last edited by Mary522; 5th February 2016 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary522 View Post
    Hello!

How are you feeling so far today? I had an idea for you - - clinical trials. I found 5 skin trials (acne, dermatitis etc) at just one Dr's research center near me. None for rosacea but I believe its out there! They pay YOU!

I don't have any new products yet but last night and today I'm going full-bore with the tea tree. I've read many posts on Tea Tree all over the net. I also had Neem Oil in my acne-basket but only had used it once due to the horrible sulfuric smell. I googled it based on the smell and found that people also use Neem for Demodex. I mixed it into a clay mask along with tea tree because, honestly, I couldn't stand the swampfart smell (excuse my description! ) long enough to just put it on and go about my business. I'm mixing tea tree and coconut oil as a finishing moisturizer. My hands and legs always loved coconut but it is touted as a no-no for acne-vulgaris so I had always avoided my face... I'm hoping that mixed with tea tree it won't cause issues.

I will try a Neem, Tea Tree & Castor Oil mix later this afternoon because I read castor oil goes straight into your pores and thus should carry the stink-oil and Tea Tree in there with it. All of these items I already have in the acne-basket but never gave a real chance.

I will let you know when I purchase further products such as nu stock and that other soap.

I went Gluten free 4 days ago because honestly I will try anything.. no processed foods/processed sugar either. No face change yet but the extra energy is real and not in the head! I'm literally jumping around the house and headed to the gym soon. My attitude is better about this now. You know what, Ellie's Mom.. I too have bulging discs in my lower back, RIGHT arm pain and knee pain!!

I changed all of my hair creams to Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner which I have no idea why I had in my stockpile (cheap and light on the chemicals from Trader Joes) - My favorite leave-in conditioner contained yeast.. I wonder if that contributes?

God Bless!
    Hello and glad you are finding some helpful info and some hope here. Just wanted to point out that you need not worry about the essential oils getting into your pores. The carrier oils stay on top of the skin and do not really penetrate but the essential oils like neem and tea tree are super tiny molecules so they go through the skin and into the blood stream. That is why a carrier oil is used-- to delay this and make a timed release of the essential oil molecules. Good luck with your journey!