Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea ETR Myths

Angry Rosacea ETR Myths

Dear reader of The Rosacea Forum I have a question for you:

Is it true that Vitamins A, D and B6 taken internally(pills) or externally(creams) can worsen Rosacea Subtype 1? I am asking this question owing to the fact that my skin condition worsen if I use products with the above mentionned vitamins. Even my dermatologist told me to not use creams with Vitamin A and C and to use only products with vitamin E. I was reading the label of a product advertised as being good for Rosacea - CamuClear - and I was very intrigue to see vitamin A+D+C in the content of the product. Can CamuClear treat Rosacea subtype1 or is a product for Rosacea subtype 2(where is an exces of sebum - it is well known that vit. A+C are recommended for acne).

Another question: Is Zinc supplements helping Rosacea Subtype 1? I have taken Zinc supplements daily for about 6 months and I have seen no difference.

Regarding creams I used in the last 5 years Ruboril and Metroruboril(Isispharma), Roselian(Uriage), Rubialin(SVR), Roseliac(La Roche Pousy), Ivatherm for sensitive cuperozic skin, Avene tollerance extreme and anti-redness and Mirvaso. All this product products promiss to reduce redness and to make the blood vessels smaller but no one of them does what it claims. Stop buying them.

A short fragment from "Pathogenesis and Treatment of Acne and Rosacea-Springer Berlin Heidelberg (2014)'' page 689 - 91.3.2.5 Nicotinamide or Zinc - Although safe in low doses, nicotinamide or zinc
    has scant evidence of clinically relevant efficacy.

Is there any Cream that does help to reduce redness?

I started taking Vitamin C supplements.. should I stop?

Quote Originally Posted by aafdup View Post
    I started taking Vitamin C supplements.. should I stop?
    Hi aafdup! I dont know. My thread is about which Vitamins and Minerals are good for rosacea ETTR and which ones are bad. As you can see I havent got any medical opinion yet from the readers of this forum.

I take high vit c and vit d3 and these have been beneficial rather than harmful in my opinion. I would not take vit a as there are too many risks. I just learned i cannot take regular b-vitamins and need to take methylated forms. I was taking an iron supplements with very high b12 in it and I wonder if that contributed to my developing rosacea as I read that high b12 amounts can induce it.

Default PS

Forgot to say that I did not do well with rosehip seed oil (high in vit a) or topical products high in vit c until I got my skin barrier repaired. The rosehip seed oil seemed to increase redness and the vit c was too drying which also increased redness.

Quote Originally Posted by lwemm View Post
    Forgot to say that I did not do well with rosehip seed oil (high in vit a) or topical products high in vit c until I got my skin barrier repaired. The rosehip seed oil seemed to increase redness and the vit c was too drying which also increased redness.
    Hi lwemm. Thank you for your feedback. From your comments I can understand that Vitamins A, C, D and B12 are not beneficial for pacients with Roscaea ETTR both internally and externally(two years ago a doctor from Germany prescribed me Dekristol 20000 IE - which is vitamin D3 - twice per week and only after two pills the fotosensibility of my skin was so high that I could not bear the artificial light of a bulb, I was staying inside the house with my face covered with a T-Shirt). It will be good to have on this forum the opinion of a dermatologist to know what is beneficial and what not for Rosacea ETTR. In my humble opinion what is good for Rosacea subtype 2 is not good for rosacea subtype 1(ETTR).

Quote Originally Posted by romeomilea View Post
    Hi lwemm. Thank you for your feedback. From your comments I can understand that Vitamins A, C, D and B12 are not beneficial for pacients with Roscaea ETTR both internally and externally(two years ago a doctor from Germany prescribed me Dekristol 20000 IE - which is vitamin D3 - twice per week and only after two pills the fotosensibility of my skin was so high that I could not bear the artificial light of a bulb, I was staying inside the house with my face covered with a T-Shirt). It will be good to have on this forum the opinion of a dermatologist to know what is beneficial and what not for Rosacea ETTR. In my humble opinion what is good for Rosacea subtype 2 is not good for rosacea subtype 1(ETTR).
    Hi Romeomilea,

FYI, I had subtypes 1, 2 and 4. First got subtype 2, possibly exacerbated by the B12. Then got subtype 1 shortly after clearing up the subtype 2. I didn't notice any problems with the other vitamins internally but the topical C and A were no good. I haven't had any reaction to the D3 but I do know some people can't tolerate the oil capsules, especially due to the histamines. I do think I react a little to histamines but not as much as some people.

Is there anyone who knows what minerals and vitamins are beneficial for Rosacea???