Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: My SD Arsenal (also makeup for men WTF)

Great news, Sejon! Just read your thread
    Hope you found your cure 😊 happy for you 😊 and, thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

Do you have any tips regarding how to include vitamin-D in your lotion? I see Tom is saying not to break a vitamin-D pill into your lotion, but what if one is careful? This information might pertain to some of your posts, I just have not found it, so apologies in advance!

I just use Vitamin D drops which contain only vitamin D (cholecalciferol) dissolved in MCT oil. I mix one or two drops with my moisturiser in the palm of my hand. It's very simple, and no different from applying a serum or oil, which I've done many times in the past.

A couple drops (equivalent to 2,000 IU with the drops I use) is sufficient to cover the face and neck, and it's more easily spreadable when mixed with a lotion.

Amazing, thanks! Just found some drops at a pharmacy in my city with MCT oil and vitamin D. Very low concentration and expensive, but worth it for a first test!

Did anyone get a reaction from vitamin D? My nose and smiling lines (two areas of main concern) have had a reaction. I wonder if it could be a positive sign, or maybe just a reaction to the mct oil...

Have you reacted to just MCT oil before?

As I mentioned in a previous post, applying vitamin D caused increased flaking and redness in my typical dermatitis hotspots (in the beard and moustache). I've never reacted to using plain MCT oil, so my only guess is it's a response to vitamin D. Vitamin D should be extremely well tolerated, so I've theorised that it might be boosting the immune system locally, which could result in inflammation in problematic areas. After about a week I noticed the inflammation calmed down somewhat (despite continued daily application of the vitamin D), although it's still higher than the baseline inflammation I normally have in these areas.

Quote Originally Posted by sejon View Post
    Have you reacted to just MCT oil before?

As I mentioned in a previous post, applying vitamin D caused increased flaking and redness in my typical dermatitis hotspots (in the beard and moustache). I've never reacted to using plain MCT oil, so my only guess is it's a response to vitamin D. Vitamin D should be extremely well tolerated, so I've theorised that it might be boosting the immune system locally, which could result in inflammation in problematic areas. After about a week I noticed the inflammation calmed down somewhat (despite continued daily application of the vitamin D), although it's still higher than the baseline inflammation I normally have in these areas.
    I donít think Iíve reacted to it before, and I use it from Tomís lotion as well. It is just that I need 4 drops of my vitamin D solution to get 400 IU, so it is a lot of oil.
    I struggle with the exact same oiliness on my nose as you described with yourself, so guess I was just hoping for a quick fix of dehydrated and dry skin, but my nose is also one of my two hot spots so... might be an immune system thing as you say.
    This actually reminds me of my reaction to the oat groat mask when I think of it, which might support your hypothesis.

I personally wouldn't consider just 4 drops of oil, for the whole face & neck, "a lot" of oil. If it still absorbs quickly, then you're probably not applying too much.

My face is still slightly dry to the touch rather than overly greasy, so it really seems that my oil production has been normalised by topical vitamin D, and that it wasn't simply a random occurrence. The increased inflammation is a bit of a nuisance, but it'll likely calm down further over time, and considering the benefits on my oil production I have no intention of stopping topical vitamin D anytime soon (if at all). That said, everyone's skin is different so I can't claim it's the solution for everyone with overactive sebaceous glands.

Just to emphasize, I think my reaction is probably a good sign, or just coincidence (some other factor Iím not taking into account). I very much want to continue with vitamin D topically. I notice even my forehead has started to flake a little. I have never seen this before.

Iím only using it on certain areas of my face, and it hasnít absorbed well, just sits on my skin. So that made me think it was too much. Anyway, wasnít my intention to highjack this thread, will report back when I have something of substance 😊

okay soo I've had Sd for several years now, but it's finally cleared up. It's strange that neither hydrocortisone nor antifungal creams don't work separately. cortisone gets rid of the inflammation, temporarily, as long as you keep using it, but it doesn't do anything about the fungal infestation. the antifungal works to clear up some, but since this fungal lives on your , your immune system sstill flags inflammation in that area

recently went back to a dermatologist and he prescribed me a mix of hydrocortisone 1% and a ciclopirox olamine cream. it got rid of flakes in my ears and on my scalp. using the hydrocortisone every other week to minimize rebound effect. and every other week use the Ciclopirox antifungal without the hydrocortisone.