Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scarring caused by demodex ?

Default Solution?

Hi did you find something that helped you? I have the same skin texture (and acne).. out of nowhere.. just a week ago a derm said I have rosacea and also I found out I'm allergic to mites.. so I don't know if there's a link .. I've been using soolantra for 6 days (my derm gave it to me) but too soon to tell if it's working.. I feel so depressed too, since this happened in a few months and been trying to find an answer to my condition

Soolantra will take time and there's heaps of post info on people using it on this forum with success.
    Is your texture problems from acne or random like the original poster?

Default Help

Hi I'm having the same issues, I'm developing small shallow scars all over my cheeks and now my forehead. Can demodex cause pitted scarring? Most of the info I've read on them says they just cause rosacea like symptoms...if they can't cause scarring I must have a super rare scarring disease, I'm literally watching new scars appear everyday.

There is a disease called Atrophoderma Vermaculatum and I really didn't want to believe I have this but I don't see what else can cause scars to spontaneously form? It's not from acne and there is no trauma to the area before the scar forms. The scars seem like they are from pores joining together. They form strange shapes and lines. I'm not imagining this, my cheeks are literally covered in these shallow scars and I didn't have them 6 months ago.

Can anyone lend any advice? I really don't think dermatologists can diagnose this type of thing. It's causing me so much anxiety, and I've been searching night and day for anyone suffering from the same. I feel like the only one with this problem, it's ruining my life!

I donít think Demodex can cause scarring unless you have bad P&Ps. Have you had laser or have you used any retin a?
    Photo would help.

Oh no, I must have that disease then. I can actually see the scars forming. They start as large red pores and then they join together to form lines and strange shapes. I know that sounds crazy but it's really happening. The OP who posted this if you look at her first pic, it basically resembles what my scars look like. They are very shallow but numerous.

I've read that demodex enlarge pores and cause orange peel texture skin, but this was on a website selling demodex cream so I guess I shouldn't take it as fact. I'm so worried now I don't know what's causing this, my skin is getting ruined by whatever it is.

The only thing that it might be is a disease called Atrophoderma Vermiculatum. It's super rare and really scary. It mostly affects children and I can't believe such a thing exists. There's pictures on google, and there is a few studies on it, but it's really understudied. Nobody will believe it until they go look up the pictures on google.

I found this picture as well of a woman with some form of rosacea. If you look close she has tons of tiny pits in her skin. This also resembles what I have going on but my skin doesn't get as red as hers. I just get random flushing every once in a while that looks like a mild sunburn. My face is also really dry and tight. Anyway I hope I can find out what's going on soon because it's getting worse.

https://bpac.org.nz/BPJ/2016/May/img...ngiectasia.jpg

Sorry Raymond I forgot to mention I have not had laser or used any retinoids. This is what has me baffled, if I had some sort of idea of what might be causing this I would feel more relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronj222 View Post
    Sorry Raymond I forgot to mention I have not had laser or used any retinoids. This is what has me baffled, if I had some sort of idea of what might be causing this I would feel more relief.
    I too have crap skin texture. But rough looking and pores and some line pores that merge together. If seen worst tho. Yes that skin disease I have seen photos of it, it seems to have same pattern tho, jigsaw type scars and in big areas on the cheeks.
    The reason I think I got pores and lines and random scars apart from laser! Which made my face 1million times worse is........ imflamation. Iv seen so many pics of rosacea skin and the inflammation sometimes cause the skin to swell and causes all types of problems and just crappy texture skin. Like the skin can not properly heal and does not recover. Iíll attach a pic of a person who skin is similar to mine. They just suffer from rosacea and website says itís heavy imflamation.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondS View Post
    I too have crap skin texture. But rough looking and pores and some line pores that merge together. If seen worst tho. Yes that skin disease I have seen photos of it, it seems to have same pattern tho, jigsaw type scars and in big areas on the cheeks.
    The reason I think I got pores and lines and random scars apart from laser! Which made my face 1million times worse is........ imflamation. Iv seen so many pics of rosacea skin and the inflammation sometimes cause the skin to swell and causes all types of problems and just crappy texture skin. Like the skin can not properly heal and does not recover. Iíll attach a pic of a person who skin is similar to mine. They just suffer from rosacea and website says itís heavy imflamation.
    Yeah that's sort of what I have going on, but my texture is much worse. The design seems similar but my marks seem to be deeper. They sort of resemble acne scars but I just don't get it. That's so strange how that can happen. I seem to be developing a lot more of them and I see new marks everyday. My rosacea is really mild. I just have random flushes here and there, but my texture is terrible. I really think I have that disease but it's going to be hard to get diagnosed with it. Even then, there is supposedly no treatment but low dose accutane from what I've read. Isn't low dose accutane supposed to treat rosacea as well? I might have to look into that.