Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biom8 Review

Quote Originally Posted by missashley View Post
    I have had SD for upwards of 6 years and I have had the same experience with BIOM8 ... I have only been using it for 4 days, mind you, but I cried this morning when i felt the skin on my face -- smooth as silk. It's like brand new skin. No burning, no flakes, not a stitch of redness. I can follow up in a month or so to let you know if I experience any side effects or returning symptoms. As of right now, I have never seen my skin like this since I was in high school.
    with only 1 post to tell us that?

Quote Originally Posted by sejon View Post
    Or you could simply buy MCT oil
    BIOM8 is stated to contain caprylic acid and decanoic acid. These are NOT the same as MCT oil - which is the triglycerides of these two acids.

There is a very important difference in the properties, activity and odour!

Quote Originally Posted by davekee View Post
    with only 1 post to tell us that?
    BIOM8 actually works, however everyone's skin is different so it doesn't work for everybody unfortunately. As is the whole issue with seborrheic dermatitis

Quote Originally Posted by missashley View Post
    I have had SD for upwards of 6 years and I have had the same experience with BIOM8 ... I have only been using it for 4 days, mind you, but I cried this morning when i felt the skin on my face -- smooth as silk. It's like brand new skin. No burning, no flakes, not a stitch of redness. I can follow up in a month or so to let you know if I experience any side effects or returning symptoms. As of right now, I have never seen my skin like this since I was in high school.
    Well I doubt very much if you have seborrhoeic dermatitis caused by Malassezia then. That stuff sounds like a first-class banquet for anything fungal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    Well I doubt very much if you have seborrhoeic dermatitis caused by Malassezia then. That stuff sounds like a first-class banquet for anything fungal.
    Kind of an unfair judgement don't you think :P

Quote Originally Posted by Senpuria View Post
    Kind of an unfair judgement don't you think :P
    No, not at all. I only deal in facts. So unless I've missed something over all the years I've spent studying this horrible disease then I think it is you who is making an 'unfair judgement'.

But if I have made an error, please feel free to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    No, not at all. I only deal in facts. So unless I've missed something over all the years I've spent studying this horrible disease then I think it is you who is making an 'unfair judgement'.

But if I have made an error, please feel free to help me out.
    How have I made any judgement at all here? Not to mention an unfair one haha.

You are technically saying anybody that had success using BIOM8 does in fact not have seborrheic dermatitis, some of them long term suffers of over 10 years.

The Boim8 website doesn't provide a believable list of ingredients.

As Johnabetts pointed out, Caprylic Acid and Decanoic Acid are foul smelling powders, and yet they are the first 2 ingredients in the conditioning oil, followed by sea buckthorn oil. This is not believable, as the conditioning oil would smell rancid, like goat piss, and would be unacceptable as a topical product. Plus, sea buckthorn seed oil will feed malassezia because the seed oil contains topically bad fatty acids: linoleic (18∶2ω-6) and α-linolenic (18∶3ω-3) acids, and pulp oil that contains high levels of monounsaturated palmitoleic acid (16∶1ω-7).

The Biom8 probiotic spray lists only these ingredients:Purified Water, Lactobacillus1, Lactobacillus2, Arginine, Coconut and Fruit Extract, which looks like someone poured a few capsules of probiotic and arginine into water, and there's no preservative, which is not believable. Moreover, topical probiotics might treat acne but they aren't effective against malassezia, as no research articles show any effect in vitro or in vivo.

True, the term seb derm is somewhat vague to begin with, where medical terminology opens the door for confusion, but these products don't list any active ingredients as to malassezia. Seb derm products should be able to demonstrate at least one active ingredient against malassezia, as shown by medical research articles, and not by testimonials from people who are likely treating acne or some other condition.

Precisely. If they don't openly explain its mechanism of action against SD, and provide specific scientific evidence to support it, then I think it's right to view the BIOM8 Oil with a healthy dose of scepticism. Until then, it might as well be called "Snake Oil".

BIOM8 Oil is made by a guy named Michael who runs the website www.skindrone.com, and he's clearly been researching SD for years. But I'd like to contrast his approach with that of our own resident researcher, Tom. Michael's research led him to some concoction that works for him and has decided to sell it, without ever fully explaining how it works. Tom's research led him to climbazole, but he openly explains with painstaking detail his process so others are free to try it themselves at home. Personally, if I found something as successful against SD as BIOM8 Oil claims to be, I'd be as open as possible with my information -- certainly I might sell a product too, for those who would find it more convenient to just buy it instead of compound it themselves, but SD has affected so many lives that I think it wrong to keep some kind of "Eureka!" discovery behind closed doors for the sake of profit.

I've spoken with Michael before and he seems a nice fellow, but I find his approach too cryptic and conjectural in comparison. That, combined with my lack of success with his product, is one of the reasons I gave up on it and made it a point to move on to treatments that have evidence to support them. I'm not falling down the rabbit hole of trying products based on testimonials alone, because that would exhaust the rest of my life.