Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Biom8 Review

Only guessing, that the amount of Sea Buckthorn seed oil is tiny, less than 0.2%.

Indeed, it's unlikely to do any harm. And some people have clearly had success with BIOM8 oil judging from all the positive reviews -- although I wasn't one of them. I don't mean to discourage people from trying it out, just that they shouldn't have their expectations too high considering it doesn't have a very clear mechanism of action.

As an aside, I must thank Federico for bringing Sebodiane SD to my attention, as the information about it in this pdf looks quite promising -- and it's nice to see a product that actually has some trial studies to support it. Their focus on skin barrier repair reminds me of Dermadexin SD cream, which I would be keen to try even though it appears to be perpetually stuck in FDA limbo.

I finally tried Biom8, in first moment I`ve a lot of doubts about it use or not. About 2 weeks ago I was on DS crisis and start to use it on T-zone every night before go to bed.

Now Im really impressed with the results, my skin looks healthier and the scalp and redness goes away.

I have tried a lot of products on my skin and some of them I got great results at the beginning but after using them a for long period it seems to become ineffective. Now I hope it doesnt happen to Biom8.

My rotine is:

Morning - Moisturizer for oily skin. (Clinique)
    Shower - Im using Head and Shoulders on my face, I always use a common Shampoo that not make my skin feels dry.
    Before Bed - Biom8 on T-zone

Default Buying Biom8

My 18 year old son has SD on his scalp, big red patches. At the moment the flakiness is under control, due to prescribed shampoos. But it never goes. He has his hair very short at the sides, so everyone can see it, especially not nice as he's a waiter.
    I've been looking at natural alternatives and found Biom8.
    Where do people buy it from?
    Is it only available from the manufacturer in Canada (making it expensive with delivery costs)?
    Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ker61 View Post
    My 18 year old son has SD on his scalp, big red patches. At the moment the flakiness is under control, due to prescribed shampoos. But it never goes. He has his hair very short at the sides, so everyone can see it, especially not nice as he's a waiter.
    Is it only available from the manufacturer in Canada (making it expensive with delivery costs)?
    Thanks for any help.
    Yes it is only available from the manufacturer in Canada, as he's actually an SD sufferer that made this product.

I would though, have a good look through these forums as there is a wealth of information available and some very successful methods to suppress SD of the scalp.

Thanks for any help.
    I cannot recommend climbazole shampoo enough. I had the red patches and flakes. I initially got it under control with cicloporox gel rubbing that all over my scalp (my head is pretty much shaved) and then using selenium sulfide shampoo to control the dandruff. I then started using a shampoo with climbazole and have found that to be effective and have not had a reemergence of red spots. there are several climbazole shampoos you can order online as dermatologists in the US dont prescribe climbazole. I would highly suggest trying hegor or eucerin dermo capillaire (order both online). Good luck to your son!

Thank you both.
    I'm actually in the UK.

Thank you both.
    I'm actually in the UK.
    It doesn't take too long to arrive, I think mine took just over a week to arrive in the UK at the time and the shipping costs are reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynaros View Post
    I have had seborrhoeic dermatitis for many years. Horrible disease. When I was first diagnosed my dermatologist recommend a steroid ointment which worked wonders. Unfortunately after using the steroids on and off for a few months I then got "perioral dermatitis". This is another rash that some people get as a side effect of steroids.

I had to stop using steroid completely and have been using Dead Sea salt baths and Nizoral to try to manage it for the last six years. I still was getting flare ups often.

About three months ago I ordered Biom8 and have been blown away. Perfect skin every day for three month. Thought I had finally found what I was looking for.

Last week I started getting a new rash. Not seborrhoeic dermatitis.

Today I went back to my dermatologist and it seems the new rash is perioral dermatitis again.

The dermatologist is convinced that Biom8 contains steroids and said it is widespread people selling products online as 100% natural that in fact contain steroids.

He has put me on Doxy and told me I am not allowed to use my beloved Biom8 again until I have it lab tested.

Guess my seborrhoeic dermatitis will be gracing my face again in the coming days.

I will be looking into testing it. If anyone else has access to test it please do and report back. I am happy to post a sample.

I hope the recurrence of perioral dermatitis is a freak coincidence but I am doubtful at this stage.
    Did you (or anyone else) actually get to do a lab test? I had a really bad SD with flaking and redness on big parts of my face. The only thing that helped the flaking was ketokonazol shampoo, but this did not reduce the redness, and thus my was face was constantly a horrible sight. After just a couple of days using Biom8 twice a day, everything cleared up, and now after a week it's as if the SD never was there. This concerns me a little, as the only previous ways of clearing up both flaking and redness have been topical steroids and Elidel.

I suspect that whoever is behind this product figured out that climbazole dissolves in MCT oil way before I posted about it on this forum. Since it is so easy to make and anyone can do it he probably saw an opportunity to make good money by simply excluding climbazole from the ingredients list.