Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wonderful improvement of my flushing rosacea with liver and gallbladder flushes

Merci Souris ! J'espère que les choses continueront pour le mieux...
    Je regarderai plus attentivement le site parce que c'est un peu énigmatique pour moi à la première lecture.

You're very welcomed of course ginaisred !
    Whatever your derm says you can try my "method" as it represents no harm afterall. Cause I don't think you can lower your body temperature as it has to be something like 37°. If not, it just means you're ill.

I did also had this impression the heat of my face was higher than my body's. But when you feel really cold there I see no reason youre face doesn't. It would means you are experiencing so kind of anxious/stress flush. Or that youre remedy lays somewhere else than getting cold ! Cause it's by no mean a cure. Just, for me at least, a VERY good tip.
    I also am more prone to flush when I'm in cold air : I don't leave my house without something like scarf around my head/face, cause windy cold air is indeed the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    Merci Souris ! J'espère que les choses continueront pour le mieux...
    Je regarderai plus attentivement le site parce que c'est un peu énigmatique pour moi à la première lecture.

You're very welcomed of course ginaisred !
    Whatever your derm says you can try my "method" as it represents no harm afterall. Cause I don't think you can lower your body temperature as it has to be something like 37°. If not, it just means you're ill.

I did also had this impression the heat of my face was higher than my body's. But when you feel really cold there I see no reason youre face doesn't. It would means you are experiencing so kind of anxious/stress flush. Or that youre remedy lays somewhere else than getting cold ! Cause it's by no mean a cure. Just, for me at least, a VERY good tip.
    I also am more prone to flush when I'm in cold air : I don't leave my house without something like scarf around my head/face, cause windy cold air is indeed the worst.
    There was a good piece of research and reflection done about the ideal temperature for rosacea flushing. I think the findings were broadly accurate. The best environment to control flushing is to be in a moderately warm environment for as much of the day as possible, then the flushing happens at a very gentle pace. What you want to avoid are very hot and very cold environments. Hot rooms encourage extreme flushing and very cold rooms/being outside encourage extreme contraction of the blood vessels (which leads to strong flushing when you again enter a hot room). Ideally we would be able to cover most of our faces in the cold winter outside. Here is the research:
    http://rosacea-support.org/the-warm-...ways-knew.html

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    There was a good piece of research and reflection done about the ideal temperature for rosacea flushing. I think the findings were broadly accurate. The best environment to control flushing is to be in a moderately warm environment for as much of the day as possible, then the flushing happens at a very gentle pace. What you want to avoid are very hot and very cold environments. Hot rooms encourage extreme flushing and very cold rooms/being outside encourage extreme contraction of the blood vessels (which leads to strong flushing when you again enter a hot room). Ideally we would be able to cover most of our faces in the cold winter outside. Here is the research:
    http://rosacea-support.org/the-warm-...ways-knew.html
    That sounds like good advice. What would be best at nighttime do you think? To be in a warm or cooler room?

Quote Originally Posted by ginaisred View Post
    That sounds like good advice. What would be best at nighttime do you think? To be in a warm or cooler room?
    For sleeping I'd suggest a room very slightly colder than you'd be most comfortable in during the day. But not freezing cold. Your flushing during sleep will also be much better controlled if you use alpha blockers (e.g. clonidine or moxonodine) or beta blockers (e.g. propranolol) if necessary.

The chillow is really good for feeling a bit cooler when http://www.chillow.co.uk/chillow

Air conditioning is ideal for creating the exact temperature you want in the summer and the winter (i.e. a little warmth in the winter and to cool the air on a warm night).

I'm also beginning to think there may be particular benefit to the phrase for people with rosacea, 'eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper' (or whatever variant of this phrase you prefer) because if you are prone to flushing at night, a heavy evening meal may put pressure on digestion system during sleeping hours.

Hi Marie, I was wondering how you're doing. Are you fully off the clonidine now? Is your flushing still reduced?

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm still considering it.

I had such a hard time drinking the colon cleanse stuff the doctor gives - I'm a little nervous about another cleanse drink.

Default Gut Flora and Rosacea

Very interesting.
    I read some where that Rosacea can also be attributed to your gut flora, so I started taking a probiotic supplement a couple days a week. Not sure if it actually helps but it can't be bad for you anyways.

Check out this website for more information:

www.Bodyecology.com

Ooo you mean on that when you drink olive oil and graipfrut and that salt...did not relly helpt me did 2 tumes and it does not bater me but tgat salt is literaly the moust discusting thing in universe every sip makes me wona puke imagine how is it to drink full glas of it i think...i hate oliv oil but compere to the salt olive oil is like ice cream

Hi Marie, I was just wondering how you're doing now. Is everything still great after your liver cleanses last year?

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi Marie, I was just wondering how you're doing now. Is everything still great after your liver cleanses last year?
    Hi hg24, I am still doing much better though my rosacea is not totally gone. Flushing still happens but skin sensitivity is so much decreased. I believe that the liver cleanses got rid of the inflammation in the body including the skin, hence the improvement but it didn't cure the condition. There are other causes to it. However, I have been taking NIAGEN for a bit over 2 months and the flushing is much decreased. It can go up to 35 degrees at work these days and my face behaves extremely well, even when doing a physical effort or being under stress. I have no doubt this is due to taking Niagen but I don't know if the effect will last. How are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Souris24 View Post
    Hi hg24, I am still doing much better though my rosacea is not totally gone. Flushing still happens but skin sensitivity is so much decreased. I believe that the liver cleanses got rid of the inflammation in the body including the skin, hence the improvement but it didn't cure the condition. There are other causes to it. However, I have been taking NIAGEN for a bit over 2 months and the flushing is much decreased. It can go up to 35 degrees at work these days and my face behaves extremely well, even when doing a physical effort or being under stress. I have no doubt this is due to taking Niagen but I don't know if the effect will last. How are you doing?
    Hi Marie, It's great to hear that you're still much improved!

I went to my first cinema movie since my rosacea took hold and my face burned like crazy. I had propanolol in me - so my flushing was minimal - just a dark pinkness. But yowza, burn city. Do you still find that you can see movies now?

I got cold feet about the liver cleanses. You know all the debate on the Internet about them - some believe they work, some don't. Still, it seems if you benefited, they must do something for rosacea. But am still a bit hesitant. Mainly because I struggled drinking the colonscopy drink and not sure if I can tolerate the liver cleanse - which I understand can be challenging, too. Did you find that to be so? I couldn't keep mine down and then flushed terribly.

That's great about Niagen. I started to take it but then gave up on it. Perhaps I should revisit it. I still have plenty.

I've gone through a series of lasers with a derm who's very good. Those have helped the most. And a Botox anti-flushing procedure (painful!) and not full proof. Right now, I've been keeping things simple. I use calamine lotion to help bring down flushes. I learned the tip from a rosacean's post on curezone or one of those sites. Seems a pretty good lotion to have on hand.

Anyway, thanks so very much for your update! Your rosacea sounds like mine. The post you wrote about all of the things you could do again post cleanse - being in a room with indoor heat, being in a movie theater or restaurant, etc - all things that I struggle with. It's always nice to hear of people overcoming this condition!