Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wonderful improvement of my flushing rosacea with liver and gallbladder flushes

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Hi Souris - that's excellent news about your improvement.

Did you ever take accutane? So many people with rosacea on the board do seem to have including me, which has either caused or made the rosacea worse. Acctuane has been associated with liver damage and various digestion issues such as IBS. It is unsurprising if the skin ends up trying to do some of the elimination work that the liver is now less capable of doing following accutane.
    Hi antwantsclear,

No, I've never taken accutane. The only prescription med I've taken are clonidine and beta-blockers. I don't think I have liver damage. I'd rather think I had some sort of liver blockage that induced an accumulation of toxins, which in turn generated some inflammation in the body. I am actually very surprised with the results I had because I didn't have digestion problems and could eat just about everything without having to suffer worse rosacea symptoms. Also, I've always had a very healthy diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Souris24 View Post
    Hi antwantsclear,

No, I've never taken accutane. The only prescription med I've taken are clonidine and beta-blockers. I don't think I have liver damage. I'd rather think I had some sort of liver blockage that induced an accumulation of toxins, which in turn generated some inflammation in the body. I am actually very surprised with the results I had because I didn't have digestion problems and could eat just about everything without having to suffer worse rosacea symptoms. Also, I've always had a very healthy diet.
    It's interesting that liver flushes worked so well for you, as some people with rosacea say they didn't work at all, while others are very pleased with the results. Are the gallstone and liver flushes separate flushes that you did at different times? I can only see instructions for the
    liver flush on the link you gave. Thank you for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    It's interesting that liver flushes worked so well for you, as some people with rosacea say they didn't work at all, while others are very pleased with the results. Are the gallstone and liver flushes separate flushes that you did at different times? I can only see instructions for the
    liver flush on the link you gave. Thank you for your advice.
    The liver and gallbladder flushes are actually a one and same thing. The whole process is just usually refered to as "liver cleanse or liver flush". When you drink the mixture of olive oil and pomelo juice in the evening, that is the signal for both the liver and gallblader to send bile in great quantities to begin the digestive process and at the same time expel the balls of fat and the small gallstone into the duodénum. The whole thing is then excreted thanks to the magnesium sulfate which is also a powerful laxative.
    If you try liver flush, you have to do it more than once. If you do it only once, you might not get results. I have done 4 of them so far and plan to continue as long as I see improvement. I haven't gotten rid of all my symptoms. I still flush at times and get pimples here and there but it is by no mean comparable to what it used to be. Maybe I won't heal up to 100% because body mechanics is so complex that there may also be other reasons for my rosacea but what I have achieved so far with liver flushes is just wonderful. So, if you want to try the method, do it several times before to decide that it doesn't help you if you don't see any improvement.

Hi souris24 such great news. Just wondering were your bumps as a result from flushing or did they reappear randomly? And did you flush at nighttime? Thanks

Hi ginaisred, my bumps seemed to be cause by flushing at times but I could also flush and not get bumps as a result. But they would also appear randomly even if not flushing.
    I've actually had long periods without bumps and periods when they would come almost everyday, but I've never had real bad breakouts like some do. When I would not get bumps over months it was usually because I had found a med or supplement that would help like :
    - antihistamin tablets (clarytin) that I took for almost 2 years. Also stopped my severe nose flushes but not the cheeks flushes.
    - High dose vit C (1000 mg of esther c 4 x a day). It worked great for 6 months. Was great for the flushing too.
    - Glisodyn (super oxyde dismutase). No effect on the flushing.
    - A cream from la Roche Posay : Rosaliac AR intense. Was great for the flushing too. It worked for 5 months.

Yes, I would flush at nighttime but in the winter only. I would awake with burning red cheeks many times. The lower the temperature in the bedroom, the worst the flushing. Keeping the bedroom warm would diminish the intensity of the flushing. I had no problem in the summer.
    Last edited by Souris24; 1st January 2016 at 01:42 PM.

Default Wonderful improvement of my flushing rosacea with liver and gallbladder flushes

Thank you for your reply. That's so interesting. I feel I am very similar to what you had. I flush from warmth, and always wake up flushed and red. And I get bumps from flushing, in particular when I wake up. That's so interesting about having a warmer room. As my room is very cold at the moment because I flush when I'm hot, so assumed that would be best. But maybe it's not a good thing...

I may try that cream as well if it was good for the flushing. Do you still use it?

Also so great about the vitamin c. I wonder why it works?

And also I read somewhere you might try niacinamide. I was wondering if you did end up trying it?
    Last edited by ginaisred; 1st January 2016 at 02:45 PM.

Default Hello

Hi there Souris, thanks a lot for this feedback about flushes. Actually I've already seen the biggest improvement in my rosacea / psoriasis by being sick, at a digestive level. So I'm pretty sure something happen at this level. When I say sick I mean really sick as I empty by any means (happened with food poisoning twice and with some other more or less common digestive issues...

I have to ring your bells and ginaisred ones too about some posts I've made about warmth. I actually found out (this my own experience of course) that the more I keep cold, the better my symptoms are. There was a time I woke up flushed too and mornings I was pale. It took time for me to understand that the warmth of the room is the culprit. So I began letting window open at night (a bit at least), and stop warming device. There was some improvement but it was not consistent and constant enough. Then I began to "discover" in bed (lol). I mean I "discovered" the sheets... Cause when I did let windows open, what happened is that I engloved myself way more with sheets than before. And I noticed that in summer, I gave up on sheets and things were better.
    SO, now, even in winter, I let the window open AND I keep a bit cold, without putting sheets to high on me (sorry for the english, hope it is still understandable). Like keeping the upper half of my body out of sheets. And things began to clear... So I began to seek cold even during the day. Meaning not to much as I don't want to get a cold or any flu, but as I was very VERY sensible to cold, I used to seek warm, which, to my rosacea, is the worst. My redness, n'en déplaise à certains, subsided a LOT doing this. I still get some anxious flushes (the most of 'em are during socializing events) but as long as I seek cold and coolness (mentally speaking) I happened to have some control over my flush. Along with clonidine.

Good luck to you with this flushes sessions, and maybe you should try my "strategy" to achieve an even better success ?
    Good luck to all of you with whatever you are trying, keep us updated and ....

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

[[U]Quote=ginaisred;318646]That's so interesting about having a warmer room. As my room is very cold at the moment because I flush when I'm hot, so assumed that would be best. But maybe it's not a good thing...
    I would also flush from being to warm. However, cold air on my face was, I think, the main culprit. Also, I had to keep my cheets tight against my neck because the heat coming up from under the sheets was burning my face. The heat of my partner also. My face could not bare the difference of temperature. That is why I was fine in the summer, because the temp is basically even and warm.

I may try that cream as well if it was good for the flushing. Do you still use it?
    No, I do not use this cream any longer. I used it for 5 months 2 winters ago and my flushes lessened by 80%. But it didn't last. The active ingredient in the cream is called "neurosensine". I think it sort of put the vessels' nerves to sleep (to say it a bit simply).

Also so great about the vitamin c. I wonder why it works?
    I have no idea really...

And also I read somewhere you might try niacinamide. I was wondering if you did end up trying it?
    Yes, I have actually bought 3 bottles of Niagen but I haven't yet tried it because I wanted first to do the liver cleanse. If I had done both at the same time I wouldn't have been able to say what was working. I'll try the niacinamide later.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    Hi there Souris, thanks a lot for this feedback about flushes. Actually I've already seen the biggest improvement in my rosacea / psoriasis by being sick, at a digestive level. So I'm pretty sure something happen at this level.
    Salut Des Esseintes, if you check the link I gave about "liver flushes" and go to the "testimonies" section, you'll see that quite a few people got rid of their psoriasis after doing several flushes.

I have to ring your bells and ginaisred ones too about some posts I've made about warmth. I actually found out (this my own experience of course) that the more I keep cold, the better my symptoms are. There was a time I woke up flushed too and mornings I was pale. It took time for me to understand that the warmth of the room is the culprit.
    You see, rosacea is really weird. In the winter, cold air on my face at night would initiate flushes, but cold air on my face during the day would keep flushes at bay (but I would suffer severe rebound flushing in the evening). The heat under the sheets would be a trigger in winter only, and even more so if the room was cold. But it was no problem during summer.

Good luck to you with this flushes sessions, and maybe you should try my "strategy" to achieve an even better success ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR
    I wish you the best too. And thank you for sharing your experience. Je te souhaite une bonne année, une belle santé et toujours plus de progrès pour ta rosacée.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    Hi there Souris, thanks a lot for this feedback about flushes. Actually I've already seen the biggest improvement in my rosacea / psoriasis by being sick, at a digestive level. So I'm pretty sure something happen at this level. When I say sick I mean really sick as I empty by any means (happened with food poisoning twice and with some other more or less common digestive issues...

I have to ring your bells and ginaisred ones too about some posts I've made about warmth. I actually found out (this my own experience of course) that the more I keep cold, the better my symptoms are. There was a time I woke up flushed too and mornings I was pale. It took time for me to understand that the warmth of the room is the culprit. So I began letting window open at night (a bit at least), and stop warming device. There was some improvement but it was not consistent and constant enough. Then I began to "discover" in bed (lol). I mean I "discovered" the sheets... Cause when I did let windows open, what happened is that I engloved myself way more with sheets than before. And I noticed that in summer, I gave up on sheets and things were better.
    SO, now, even in winter, I let the window open AND I keep a bit cold, without putting sheets to high on me (sorry for the english, hope it is still understandable). Like keeping the upper half of my body out of sheets. And things began to clear... So I began to seek cold even during the day. Meaning not to much as I don't want to get a cold or any flu, but as I was very VERY sensible to cold, I used to seek warm, which, to my rosacea, is the worst. My redness, n'en déplaise à certains, subsided a LOT doing this. I still get some anxious flushes (the most of 'em are during socializing events) but as long as I seek cold and coolness (mentally speaking) I happened to have some control over my flush. Along with clonidine.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !
    Thank you for this.
    Interestingly my dermatologist says that I am waking up flushed because as you wake up your internal body temperature rises. I think this is correct for me because I can wake up with a cold body but a warm face. . And he said therefore the temperature in the room isn't that important. The temperature may be more important for others. If only I could cool my internal body temperature down