Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VBeam or Excel V - Which would you do?

Default VBeam or Excel V - Which would you do?

I have had a few non-purpuric vbeams that have had some marginal success for me.... i do mean marginal. Since the recent interest of this forum with Excel-V I have met with two places (both med-spa type places although one has a doctor) that have that machine; both of them seemed pretty ignorant. I asked them about settings and they only change the energy and have never even considered changing the pulse width; they were both almost double the cost two compared to VBeam.

Where I'm getting VBeam done I can probably do what I want and have considered asking for the 0.45ms or 1.5ms pulse width settings.

So I am at a loss as to what to do... more VBeam with lower pulse widths or Excel-V with practitioners who may be fairly ignorant?

Thoughts??

Hi Tondar, Sounds like you answered your own question. A good, up-to-date machine is important. But the experience of the doctor/operator is just as important. Vbeam is a good machine. If you think you'll get good treatment settings with the vbeam place, that seems the best option.

Do you have more visible vessels or more diffuse redness? Do you have flushing?

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi Tondar, Sounds like you answered your own question. A good, up-to-date machine is important. But the experience of the doctor/operator is just as important. Vbeam is a good machine. If you think you'll get good treatment settings with the vbeam place, that seems the best option.

Do you have more visible vessels or more diffuse redness? Do you have flushing?
    I have both visible vessels and background redness. I do flush but it has gotten better (not flushing everyday anymore).

I guess I will stick with the VBeam and now just need to decide on 6ms vs (1.5 or .45)

Quote Originally Posted by Tondar View Post
    I have both visible vessels and background redness. I do flush but it has gotten better (not flushing everyday anymore).

I guess I will stick with the VBeam and now just need to decide on 6ms vs (1.5 or .45)
    Hey tondar,

Why not do a patch test treatment with 6ms and also a 1.5ms/0.45ms on the same day. Leave it 6 weeks and decide which areas you think responded best.

That's a pity about the Doctors not willing to drop the pulse with the excel v.

Are there any other Excel v lasers in your area? You said the excel v treatments are more expensive, why not try to negotiate a price?

Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Hey tondar,

Why not do a patch test treatment with 6ms and also a 1.5ms/0.45ms on the same day. Leave it 6 weeks and decide which areas you think responded best.

That's a pity about the Doctors not willing to drop the pulse with the excel v.

Are there any other Excel v lasers in your area? You said the excel v treatments are more expensive, why not try to negotiate a price?
    I've had 6ms before (7.5j 10mm 6ms) that didn't accomplish very much. I imagine the Doc will want to just up the energy half a joule. I may go along with that but with the time off I have for the Holidays I'm considering a purpuric treatment at 0.45 or 1.5. Very scared about doing this though as I don't want to end up damaging my face or ending up with bad hyperpigmentation. F this disease! End up using my vacation for VBeam treatments that may not accomplish anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Tondar View Post
    I've had 6ms before (7.5j 10mm 6ms) that didn't accomplish very much. I imagine the Doc will want to just up the energy half a joule. I may go along with that but with the time off I have for the Holidays I'm considering a purpuric treatment at 0.45 or 1.5. Very scared about doing this though as I don't want to end up damaging my face or ending up with bad hyperpigmentation. F this disease! End up using my vacation for VBeam treatments that may not accomplish anything..
    To be honest I wouldn't bother getting hit with the 6ms again if you had little improvement the first time. Why spend your hard earned money for a treatment that offers little to no improvement?

You could try a patch test with a short pulse vbeam before doing a full face, also I would look around for another excel v laser.... Hg24 has had a couple of them with no adverse effects, so it seems to be a pretty safe laser. I would love to try it out myself but unfortunately don't have one in Ireland at the moment.

Had purpuric VBeam treatment two weeks ago. I was hoping the bruises would have faded by now but I still look like a freak show. Going back to work on Monday will be "enjoyable" having to deal with the stares and explanations over and over. Hope everyone else had a good Christmas/New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't bother getting hit with the 6ms again if you had little improvement the first time. Why spend your hard earned money for a treatment that offers little to no improvement?

You could try a patch test with a short pulse vbeam before doing a full face, also I would look around for another excel v laser.... Hg24 has had a couple of them with no adverse effects, so it seems to be a pretty safe laser. I would love to try it out myself but unfortunately don't have one in Ireland at the moment.
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I would caution everybody against lasers and Vbeam. Vbeam caused my neurogenic rosacea by aggravating the nerves under my skin. Stick to the meds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I would caution everybody against lasers and Vbeam. Vbeam caused my neurogenic rosacea by aggravating the nerves under my skin. Stick to the meds!!
    I think I have the same issue. It's possible my neurogenic rosacea coincidentally started while I was doing IPL treatments but I do feel like there is at least a chance that the treatments aggravated my face and led to the cause of it for me. Has anything helped you with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoverton View Post
    I think I have the same issue. It's possible my neurogenic rosacea coincidentally started while I was doing IPL treatments but I do feel like there is at least a chance that the treatments aggravated my face and led to the cause of it for me. Has anything helped you with this?
    Yes I am on Duloxetine 60mg every morning ( taken on an empty stomach for maximum absorption) and it has helped hugely with the nerve pain. Unfortunately it still hasnít calmed the occasional flush and the swelling which is there all the time but the nerve pain is reduced by 90% ( in the first few days it 100% eliminated it).
    So try it and avoid all those machines. They wreck the skin barrier and trigger the nerves underneath. I wish I had known that before I did it. I only had a few broken veins but no rosacea.