Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VBeam or Excel V - Which would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Yes I am on Duloxetine 60mg every morning ( taken on an empty stomach for maximum absorption) and it has helped hugely with the nerve pain. Unfortunately it still hasnít calmed the occasional flush and the swelling which is there all the time but the nerve pain is reduced by 90% ( in the first few days it 100% eliminated it).
    So try it and avoid all those machines. They wreck the skin barrier and trigger the nerves underneath. I wish I had known that before I did it. I only had a few broken veins but no rosacea.
    I am so glad it's helping you. great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Hi, I know this is an old thread but I would caution everybody against lasers and Vbeam. Vbeam caused my neurogenic rosacea by aggravating the nerves under my skin. Stick to the meds!!
    I don't mean to sound disrespectful but I disagree strongly with your advice to stick to medication. Medication is going to cause havoc on your gut microbiome which in turn will weaken your immune system and severely disrupt your body's ability to fight disease. I would never say that no one should use medication but for me it's treating the symptoms, rather than treating the root problem, as does lasers for that matter (I have had 15+ Vbeams that have helped varying degrees over the years.)

I would personally focus on tackling the root cause through diet, stress management, and holistic approaches before I would turn to either medication or laser. Everyone is different of course and I would be naive in saying everyone should avoid medication, but also laser has helped a lot of people as well. You just need to find the right solution for you, everyone is individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoverton View Post
    I think I have the same issue. It's possible my neurogenic rosacea coincidentally started while I was doing IPL treatments but I do feel like there is at least a chance that the treatments aggravated my face and led to the cause of it for me. Has anything helped you with this?

YES
    I think so similarly, I had about 15-20 treatments - they were IPL Vbeam, Cutera .. After some I had a slight improvement in the skin which remained for some time or only temporarily. But overall I think that lasers are nothing good and there is a big risk - I have probably had 2 too strong treatments that have worsened the condition of my skin and I feel something like pain or irritation inside. It's like inside the skin. I advise against lasers to play with fire, there is a thin line with improvement (which is only temporary anyway) with deterioration that lasts a long time.
    Think twice if you want to risk it

Quote Originally Posted by przemek View Post
    YES
    I think so similarly, I had about 15-20 treatments - they were IPL Vbeam, Cutera .. After some I had a slight improvement in the skin which remained for some time or only temporarily. But overall I think that lasers are nothing good and there is a big risk - I have probably had 2 too strong treatments that have worsened the condition of my skin and I feel something like pain or irritation inside. It's like inside the skin. I advise against lasers to play with fire, there is a thin line with improvement (which is only temporary anyway) with deterioration that lasts a long time.
    Think twice if you want to risk it
    I absolutely agree with everything you have said Przemek.