Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: KPRF, LRP-1 and Metalloproteinases

Just to add my experience of Ashwagandha. I tried it for 2 weeks (the 'True Veda' organic brand), taken the amount as instructed daily. After a few days I noticed flushing worse than I'd ever experienced before, and I can only attribute it to the Ashwagandha as nothing else has changed apart from starting to take the supplement in that period. I was flushing randomly and not in response to triggers either.

So I've stopped taking it now in the last few days, I know it works for some people, just be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Oschene23 View Post
    Just to add my experience of Ashwagandha. I tried it for 2 weeks (the 'True Veda' organic brand), taken the amount as instructed daily. After a few days I noticed flushing worse than I'd ever experienced before, and I can only attribute it to the Ashwagandha as nothing else has changed apart from starting to take the supplement in that period. I was flushing randomly and not in response to triggers either.

So I've stopped taking it now in the last few days, I know it works for some people, just be careful.
    Interesting, fair play for trying, it is strange had quite the opposite affect in terms of flushing for myself, it is KPRF you suffer from?..

Strange, we have KPRF. And all this works differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Xxcooperxx View Post
    Interesting, fair play for trying, it is strange had quite the opposite affect in terms of flushing for myself, it is KPRF you suffer from?..
    Yeah KPRF , and yes quite annoying not sure why I had that reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie71 View Post
    I have done some research to build off of ketokprf's findings:

-like ketokprf said, it is possible kprf is linked to a faulty lrp-1 receptor, suggesting it's an autoimmune disorder
    -i realize my aunt has multiple sclerosis, an autoimmune disorder. family also has history of memory loss, not alzheimers i don't think though.
    -multiple sclerosis has a relation to the lrp-1 gene: http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-NS071347-03
    -so does alzheimers: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2972355/
    -my mom and aunt both have kp, so I have a feeling my aunts ms and kp lead to the same source.

now I think we could possibly find a way to treat kprf with similar therapies to ms. one thing that came to mind immediately was testosterone replacement therapy, which is shown here: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/581514 to help ms, and i believe alzheimers too. if going on the juice for life cured kprf i would love every second of it, however i highly doubt trt would upregulate a gene, though i am no scientist. another thing could be something like prozac, an antidepressant that is known to help ms? if any of you have more ideas please expand.

edit: another study which suggests testosterone therapies can increase lipoprotein concentrations: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8784099. i am considering a trt cycle to see if this does anything: this condition has got me kind of desperate. the gains wouldn't made me mad but the side effects are nothing to shove aside. another thing which i thought of is the fact that testosterone replacement therapy can "speed" up the aging process in young people. for example hair loss comes quicker with trt (but doesn't cause it, if you have the hair loss gene you're ****ed anyways), and people tend to look older. with this i hypothesize that trt could maybe speed up the end of puberty that I think I'm in right now, which has made my kprf a lot worse (started to get worse at start of puberty around 14-15, got a lot worse at 19). since kprf gets better as you age for the most part it could get me to that stage faster.
    A part of the truth of the testosterone can be.....

It's just my feeling.
    After sexual intercourse, when testosterone levels fall. On the second day (for the next ~ 2 days after erection = decrease testosterone) noticed that the KPRF more red? After about 72 hours, when testosterone increases, the skin calms down.

I have such a feeling. Do any of you, confirms this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    A part of the truth of the testosterone can be.....

It's just my feeling.
    After sexual intercourse, when testosterone levels fall. On the second day (for the next ~ 2 days after erection = decrease testosterone) noticed that the KPRF more red? After about 72 hours, when testosterone increases, the skin calms down.

I have such a feeling. Do any of you, confirms this as well?
    i have not noticed but maybe i should pay attention to this. i wish there was someome with kprf and has done steroids here that can share their experience.

i go to a pretty hardcore bodybuilding gym where there it seems at least 50% of the dudes are juicing, since there are lots of competitors. never noticed any kp on them but i'll keep my eyes out when i go tonight.

Still no definitive results. Although I've not experienced any extra flushing as Oschene23 did. If anything, I'd say I flush less often. But I have no proof of this and it's probably just placebo and confirmation bias. I bought enough capsules for a month and I will continue taking them until I run out. If by then I've haven't noticed any improvements to my KPRF or KP on arms, I'll pause for a few weeks and then pick another brand and go for pure root extract, instead of whole grounded root.

Mind you, I've only been taking the ashwagandha for 10 days now and personally I don't think that's long enough for any results to be seen.
    Last edited by swingline1; 26th March 2016 at 11:58 AM.

hey i have kprf too and its pretty bad lol.i go to the gym 5 days a week and every time i get a huge flush. so how do you guys deal with it....and what can i do to prevent it? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gab123 View Post
    hey i have kprf too and its pretty bad lol.i go to the gym 5 days a week and every time i get a huge flush. so how do you guys deal with it....and what can i do to prevent it? thanks.
    You need to train in a Gym that has Air Conditioning .

long time lurker on forums and in the past few years (and then months at a time) - avoid them altogether, as it is a constant reminder with no known cure.

so if i don't reply it's because i've gone all miserable and awol again lol.

supplements that i have found give temporary relief are Pepcid Complete (which has been mentioned earlier in thread), and you guys might want to try Activated Charcoal (AC). i take both of these daily. added bonus with the AC in addition to temporary relief of flushing is if you try other supplements which give you a runny stomach - the AC helps dry things out down there. used to try take Imodium Instants for the runny issue, but that increased flushing.

i've just ordered the Ashwagandha.

hope it helps, and then maybe i could replace the Pepcid Complete with it - as i hate taking it every day.

i'll be monitoring this thread and will try and be active with any results. cheers.