Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: KPRF, LRP-1 and Metalloproteinases

Quote Originally Posted by pancakes&syrup View Post
    long time lurker on forums and in the past few years (and then months at a time) - avoid them altogether, as it is a constant reminder with no known cure.

so if i don't reply it's because i've gone all miserable and awol again lol.

supplements that i have found give temporary relief are Pepcid Complete (which has been mentioned earlier in thread), and you guys might want to try Activated Charcoal (AC). i take both of these daily. added bonus with the AC in addition to temporary relief of flushing is if you try other supplements which give you a runny stomach - the AC helps dry things out down there. used to try take Imodium Instants for the runny issue, but that increased flushing.

i've just ordered the Ashwagandha.

hope it helps, and then maybe i could replace the Pepcid Complete with it - as i hate taking it every day.

i'll be monitoring this thread and will try and be active with any results. cheers.
    So you're saying activated charcoal also helps with flushing? Personally I didn't notice much benefit from the Ashwagandha.

SRT150 - yes for me it did.

noticed it majorly when i first started taking it. less so now, but i can still tell a difference.

maybe it was unrelated stress, but first few times taking it i was wide awake at night and couldn't sleep - so now i take it first thing waking up. sleeping is back to normal now, but as i said - it might have been unrelated to the AC.

i'm sorry you didn't notice much benefit from Ashwagandha.

i hope i do.

that's the sucky thing about this condition - even though we all have kprf, some respond to certain treatments and some don't.

cheers all

Cooper, how are you?
    Still working Ashwagandha?

Someone else is taking?

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    Cooper, how are you?

Someone else is taking?
    I've stopped it, probably it did something but I think that it was mainly placebo. The other supplements too didn't seem effective

A part of the truth of the testosterone can be.....

It's just my feeling.
    After sexual intercourse, when testosterone levels fall. On the second day (for the next ~ 2 days after erection = decrease testosterone) noticed that the KPRF more red? After about 72 hours, when testosterone increases, the skin calms down.

I have such a feeling. Do any of you, confirms this as well?
    I've found this in an acne forum, not our condition but interesting anyway:

Decrease sperm due to masturbation or sex will indirectly increase testosterone levels.
    Excess testosterone will cause our skin oil gland to secret to much oil and clog pores
    Clogged pores due to excess oil causes acne.

More specifically, it's a specific testosterone called DHT, or Dihydro Testosterone. This specific hormone, when produced in excessive amounts by the body, whether it be a female or male body, creates an environment for the oil glands to go into overdrive producing the natural oils that normally protect and moisturize the skin.
    and another:

u see...the sebacous glands have an affinity to DHT , which is converted of the testosterone via the 5alpha reductase enzym.. too much dht will cause an overactivity of the sebacous glands -> more oil , which combined with dead skin cells and bacteria will cause a clogged pore...
    but if it would be just that, a simple 5alpha reductase inhibitor like dutasterid or finasterid would stop the conversion to DHT..or an topical anti-androgen like nizoral..but its not that easy..

and a possible remedy:

"I originally started taking Saw Palmetto because I wanted to prevent myself from going bald. It's supposed to block DHT, or some chemical that bonds to the hair follicle, causing it to fall out. Anyways I also have extremely oily skin. It practically drips off my face. It's disgusting. My sebaceous glands are beyond over-reactive and my meibomian glands are always clogged with oil, obviously contributing to my eye inflammation and ocular rosacea. Since being on Saw palmetto, the oil has decreased dramatically on my face and eyelids. My eyes feel a lot better too. they're less dry, less red, less inflamed, and more tolerable to eye drops. I know it has had a positive effect on both the meibomian and sebaceous glands. If you have blepharitis and clogged meibomian glands like me, try taking saw palmetto 320 mg a day, standardized extract. Good luck. -Chris"
    Have a nice weekends mates ;)

after being afflicted so long, you question every post you read - wondering if its the owner of the company of the supplement that they're suggesting! so cynical because of it lol.

my Ashwagandha hasn't arrived yet. if anything, at least it is supposed to relieve stress.

now i'm gonna have to look into Saw palmetto and spend money on that also probably

Another quick update.

I still can't say for sure whether the ashwagandha is having any effects. But I got a strong feeling my flushing has improved. By this I mean I think I flush less often and when I do it subdues faster. I also have a feeling the KP on my arms is getting better (although not by a lot). No or minimal visible changes in baseline redness though.

However, as the weather gets better usually so does my skin and the winter (in Sweden) this year has been very tough with a lot of heavy cold winds. Improvements to my skin (if any) could therefore very well be due to the warmer weather and not the ashwagandha. But I'll keep at it.

Who will update experience?

Not bloody arrived yet ordered over a week ago am annoyed

Cooper, how are you?

Someone else is taking?
    Hello poppe, well I think ashwagandha ran its course now I haven't had any more improvement but I have had some so can't complain, flushes still minimal can't remember last one I had...