Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: KPRF, LRP-1 and Metalloproteinases

Hey guys, I've received the package, I'll keep you updated.

I'll stay with Ashwagandha only for the first period, then I'll probably try alone or in combination the other supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy S View Post
    About a year ago I went vegan. Still no improvements in my KPRF, but that doesn't mean not to do the diet. It's great for losing weight and become overall healthy. My face started to get red after I went off a course of Accutane. So far I have tried:
    Topicals:
    tea tree oil
    jojoba oil
    coconut oil
    eucerin redness relief
    eucerin professional repair
    complex 15
    AHA 8%
    Saicylic acid
    Finacea
    Retin A (only used for a week because my skin got super red)
    ketoconazol
    Lotramin ultra
    Prosacea
    raw honey mask
    Zinc oxide

Oral remedies:
    Candida cleanse
    B vitamin complex
    Vitamins A D K2 (still using them, going to give them another month)
    Enzyme complex
    Betain HCL with pepsin
    Wormwood + black walnut hull
    Oregano oil
    garlic, ginger
    Milk thistle
    Zoloft (antidepressent) for 3 months
    Propranolol (beta blocker) only allowed to use for one time events like class presentations. This works amazing for blushing!!!!!

Diets:
    Candida diet
    anti inflammatory diet
    fasting
    low fat
    high omega 3 diet
    gluten free diet
    dairy free diet
    elimination diet
    fruit free diet
    vegan diet

I have been sticking with the vegan diet in hopes that one day it will somehow improve by baseline health to the point that it will fix my face...I have tried other remedies but can't think of them at the moment. I've probably spent over $2000 trying to fix my face. Everything i have written above didn't work for me (maybe reduced redness a little or maybe because of placebo effect). Hell I even changed majors to nutrition to figure out my problem. I'm 23 year old male, with social anxiety. Have any of you guys taken accutane? or under a lot of stress? Maybe if my stress levels go down, my face will recover.

And as a side note, all the remedies that I posted up top might help you!!!!! so don't disregard them just because they didn't work for me. I'm just writing what didn't work for me. Maybe I have liver issues...Maybe I don't have KPRF at all...

Oh and almost forgot, I thought I had rosacea for the longest time. I went to a derm and he told me I had seborrheic dermatitis, however he only looked at my face for a sec (I tried all the seb derm treatments and nothing worked). I have been frantically searching for images that look like what I have and KPRF looks the same. So just to inform you all, I haven't been professionally diagnosed with it.
    Hey, I think my liver is an issue. I'm seeing a derm in two weeks and that's going to be the focus of my questions. I believe mine came on from sun exposure but in fact just a few months prior to it I took 3 months of very harsh antibiotics on the liver and then it significantly got worse when I did another two months of them.

I'll let you know what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Hi Poppe

He doesn't take anything else . He done it the right way unlike others

I see a lot of people on this forum . Going on about taking heaps of different supplements at the same time . They are obsessed with it

Its not rocket science . You take one thing at a time and see what happens
    +1 about 1 at a time.

You should post more constructively like this rather than your bitter **** sometimes. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by swingline1 View Post
    Quick update, I just took my first two capsules of Ashwagandha. Each one contains 650 mg of whole Ashwagandha root and I'll start off with two capsules twice a day, in other words 2600 mg a day. If I don't experience any unwanted side effects the next couple of days I'll add another daily 650 mg to that.
    Hello!!
    How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    That pukka brand is organic .. Should even be better than swanson's brand

Is it the 60 capsules one you've got ?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by poppe View Post
    Hello!!
    How are you?
    No results yet. Still on 2600 mg a day. Although I do feel less anxious and stressed out but this might very well be placebo. Too early to say anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline1 View Post
    Yes.

No results yet. Still on 2600 mg a day. Although I do feel less anxious and stressed out but this might very well be placebo. Too early to say anything yet.

Hey guys,

I'ts just 2 days I'm using it but I'd like to share anyway. I'm on 2700 mg a day (6 pills of 450 mg each as suggested) . I share swingline1 opinion, I don't know if it's placebo but the my skin tone and reactivity to triggers seems a bit better, no miraculous cure for sure though... for now at least.. let's see what will happen..

I'll keep you updated

It is simply a means of reassuring. Therefore, less skin red, because the less you care.

I have done some research to build off of ketokprf's findings:

-like ketokprf said, it is possible kprf is linked to a faulty lrp-1 receptor, suggesting it's an autoimmune disorder
    -i realize my aunt has multiple sclerosis, an autoimmune disorder. family also has history of memory loss, not alzheimers i don't think though.
    -multiple sclerosis has a relation to the lrp-1 gene: http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-NS071347-03
    -so does alzheimers: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2972355/
    -my mom and aunt both have kp, so I have a feeling my aunts ms and kp lead to the same source.

now I think we could possibly find a way to treat kprf with similar therapies to ms. one thing that came to mind immediately was testosterone replacement therapy, which is shown here: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/581514 to help ms, and i believe alzheimers too. if going on the juice for life cured kprf i would love every second of it, however i highly doubt trt would upregulate a gene, though i am no scientist. another thing could be something like prozac, an antidepressant that is known to help ms? if any of you have more ideas please expand.

edit: another study which suggests testosterone therapies can increase lipoprotein concentrations: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8784099. i am considering a trt cycle to see if this does anything: this condition has got me kind of desperate. the gains wouldn't made me mad but the side effects are nothing to shove aside. another thing which i thought of is the fact that testosterone replacement therapy can "speed" up the aging process in young people. for example hair loss comes quicker with trt (but doesn't cause it, if you have the hair loss gene you're ****ed anyways), and people tend to look older. with this i hypothesize that trt could maybe speed up the end of puberty that I think I'm in right now, which has made my kprf a lot worse (started to get worse at start of puberty around 14-15, got a lot worse at 19). since kprf gets better as you age for the most part it could get me to that stage faster.
    Last edited by pumpkinpie71; 23rd March 2016 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie71 View Post
    I have done some research to build off of ketokprf's findings:

-like ketokprf said, it is possible kprf is linked to a faulty lrp-1 receptor, suggesting it's an autoimmune disorder
    -i realize my aunt has multiple sclerosis, an autoimmune disorder. family also has history of memory loss, not alzheimers i don't think though.
    -multiple sclerosis has a relation to the lrp-1 gene: http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-NS071347-03
    -so does alzheimers: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2972355/
    -my mom and aunt both have kp, so I have a feeling my aunts ms and kp lead to the same source.

now I think we could possibly find a way to treat kprf with similar therapies to ms. one thing that came to mind immediately was testosterone replacement therapy, which is shown here: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/581514 to help ms, and i believe alzheimers too. if going on the juice for life cured kprf i would love every second of it, however i highly doubt trt would upregulate a gene, though i am no scientist. another thing could be something like prozac, an antidepressant that is known to help ms? if any of you have more ideas please expand.

edit: another study which suggests testosterone therapies can increase lipoprotein concentrations: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8784099. i am considering a trt cycle to see if this does anything: this condition has got me kind of desperate. the gains wouldn't made me mad but the side effects are nothing to shove aside. another thing which i thought of is the fact that testosterone replacement therapy can "speed" up the aging process in young people. for example hair loss comes quicker with trt (but doesn't cause it, if you have the hair loss gene you're ****ed anyways), and people tend to look older. with this i hypothesize that trt could maybe speed up the end of puberty that I think I'm in right now, which has made my kprf a lot worse (started to get worse at start of puberty around 14-15, got a lot worse at 19). since kprf gets better as you age for the most part it could get me to that stage faster.

I also think it could cause the opposite result. increased testosterone might make it worse if kp is hormone related, which makes sense since it increases in teens/early adult hood.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie71 View Post
    I also think it could cause the opposite result. increased testosterone might make it worse if kp is hormone related, which makes sense since it increases in teens/early adult hood.
    That is a very interesting question. I wonder if anyone with KPRF has juiced?? It would ruin their skin if their acne prone, however if not would be very interesting to see the result.

realwork