Thread: Vbeam or vbeam perfecta?

Default Vbeam or vbeam perfecta?

I went to a dermatologist who had a pretty nice looking office and fairly decent reviews online. He stated that the vbeam could help, so I put down a $100 down payment. I have general pink/redness on my nose and cheeks, but I have not developed any pimples/pustules. I do not really have any spider veins, only general redness. However, this dermatologist does not have the vbeam perfecta in his office. He stated that he has another candela vbeam model that is not the perfecta.

He said that the only differnce is that the perfecta can be used to treat pigmentation issues, but he stated that pigmentation problems are not my issue, and they have other machines for that. However, he could not recall the specific name of the vbeam he is using but he did confirm that it was candela brand and he has been using it for several years. He stated that this vbeam operates at the same intensity as the vbeam perfecta. Does this sound accurate? What is the difference between the older candela vbeam and the vbeam perfecta? Complicating matters further is that I got a second opinion with a consultation with an RN who stated that the vbeam will not really help me as I do not have many visible broken blood vessels? Is the vbeam worth it? Could it cause fat loss as I have seen some warn about? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinga49 View Post
    I went to a dermatologist who had a pretty nice looking office and fairly decent reviews online. He stated that the vbeam could help, so I put down a $100 down payment. I have general pink/redness on my nose and cheeks, but I have not developed any pimples/pustules. I do not really have any spider veins, only general redness. However, this dermatologist does not have the vbeam perfecta in his office. He stated that he has another candela vbeam model that is not the perfecta.

He said that the only differnce is that the perfecta can be used to treat pigmentation issues, but he stated that pigmentation problems are not my issue, and they have other machines for that. However, he could not recall the specific name of the vbeam he is using but he did confirm that it was candela brand and he has been using it for several years. He stated that this vbeam operates at the same intensity as the vbeam perfecta. Does this sound accurate? What is the difference between the older candela vbeam and the vbeam perfecta? Complicating matters further is that I got a second opinion with a consultation with an RN who stated that the vbeam will not really help me as I do not have many visible broken blood vessels? Is the vbeam worth it? Could it cause fat loss as I have seen some warn about? Thanks.
    There is 2 vbeams. Both are made by Candela , the original one is just named vbeam and the most recent one is vbeam perfecta.
    The difference between the two is that the perfecta has the ability to up the M.S setting we as the original v.beams M.S setting is fixated at.45. Both have the ability to up the energy(joules setting).

Ideally it is not the machine that is important rather the settings that are used. IF you have general diffuse redness with no visible blood vessels you must be treated at an m.s setting of 1.5ms or under. The smaller the vessels are the lower the m.s setting needs to be. The bigger the vessel is the higher the M.S setting must be.

In your case though i believe your derm has an original vbeam fixated with a.45 pulse which is ideal for general redness with no visible blood vessels.